• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Daniel Levy - Chairman

Yeah - as someone else here pointed out, they came here and went full Comical Ali insisting Bale wouldn't be sold one week before he was.

@BrainOfLevy made an excellent point re: the lying Del Boy we have in charge having Donna Cullen as his right-hand woman - PR person employed to manage the club's PR over a football person speaks volumes.

And she hasn't even succeeded at that, since the club's stumbled through one PR disaster after another. That lying c*nt Levy tried to furlough ordinary working people - public outrage forced him to climb down on that. That c*nt joined the ESL - public outrage again forced him into a humiliating climbdown. The Villa roosterup where fans were charged 60 pounds and then left high and dry after a humiliating defeat and the post-match walkabout being nearly abandoned and then hurriedly brought back because people finally started shouting at Levy.

Today, Paratici and Conte's mouthpiece, Romeo Agresti, reported that Levy's proposed transfer budget was tiny and, worse, that he refused to commit to spending some of the Kane money on a good replacement.

The club has lost control of the narrative, and the media and the fans are starting to see through Levy's lies. Thank GHod for that - the sooner this deceptive, mediocre deadweight of a useless c*nt is gone (and his vampire tax exile owner with him), the better.

Seriously mate. You are clearly spending too much time on TFC. I’m not a prude by any stretch and can and do eff and blind as much as anyone, and more than many, but you don’t have to litter every posting about Levy with the c word and other non-swearing insults. We know you don’t like Levy. We know you want him gone. But it actually detracts from the points you are making and just comes across as rude and aggressive. I don’t agree with much of what you say but you are a fan and as entitled to your opinion as anyone. I just don’t think there is any need for personal insults on repeat.

*Steps down from soapbox*

His vision is financial, our vision is success.

His success is financial while fans financials getting massively dented.

Only one winner in the arrangement.

I understand that and that we share similar views.

But you would have thought that after 20 years running us he would have realised certain limitations with regards us and our competitors.

So things like having long term plans. How if you sack a manager a few days before a cup final you would have a plan at who the next guy was going to be.

It looks more and more like he does not have a plan.

As the men's first team is the primary driver of the business that is extremely poor on his part. He has been such a good chairman in many ways but if he was not a part of the ownership he would have been sacked by now.

Your last point is bang on. Someone paid as much as he is would be gone in any job had they made a similar mess that he has of the footballing side this past 18 months - were they not a part-owner. Every day seems to bring a new fudge up at present.

Seriously mate. You are clearly spending too much time on TFC. I’m not a prude by any stretch and can and do eff and blind as much as anyone, and more than many, but you don’t have to litter every posting about Levy with the c word and other non-swearing insults. We know you don’t like Levy. We know you want him gone. But it actually detracts from the points you are making and just comes across as rude and aggressive. I don’t agree with much of what you say but you are a fan and as entitled to your opinion as anyone. I just don’t think there is any need for personal insults on repeat.

*Steps down from soapbox*

Admittedly, I am spending more time on TFC. But I don't think it's that so much as two conflating factors that are driving my genuine loathing of Levy and ENIC at this point.

Firstly, @SpurMeUp and I disagree completely on Levy and ENIC, but he makes a point quite often that I agree with - the pandemic, lockdowns and the state of the world have made folks angrier. I accept that point, and I've made it myself before - I feel myself a lot angrier about Spurs now than I was pre-pandemic, even if my low opinion of those....folks at the helm of our club has stayed roughly the same.

The other thing, though, is that Levy's been caught lying a *lot* this year. Lying over the furlough. Lying over the ESL. Lying about seriously pursuing Conte, *just* to get S/T renewals over the line by pulling a despicable bait and switch.
This just takes me back to when he lied in the past, about many other things - lied about big bids for Aguero, Rossi and Llorente in 2011. Going behind BMJ's back to sack him in 2007. And even further back to 2001, when he entered the club claiming to be a lifelong fan, but then in an interview for a book, admitted that he and Lewis had bought Spurs because they saw it as a money-making opportunity - there was, and I quote, 'no connection there' beyond financial.

The guy lies to the fans all the time to hide one essential fact - he is not interested in the good of the club, and never, ever has been. The club is a property acquisition vehicle for ENIC, and the actual good of the club has never, ever been on the radar for Levy and Lewis in comparison to the massive and overriding priority of ensuring that they never have to spend a penny on it and can extract their 2,000% profits upon an eventual sale.

The guy doesn't care about the fans, doesn't care about our history, doesn't care about the slogans he plasters around the ground about Daring to Do.

The guy's a shallow liar. And I honestly despise those folks on a personal level - I've preferred being honest even when it's come at a cost to me, and people like him come across to me as spineless cretins.

So, I apologize mate, but the personal cannot be separated from the professional in this case. When Poch was here, I could tolerate him because Poch was our leader and I could believe that he'd overcome everything, even Levy, to take us where he dearly, honestly wanted to. His was a journey of openness, honesty, passion and pride that covered up the unprincipled cowardice at the helm of the club. That's now gone, and so is any excuse for Levy.

And I do have to point out mate - I'm openly disgusted by Levy and ENIC, not by the folks who support him. I don't think I've gotten personal with anyone on this site, because, as I keep saying, we all care about Spurs in the end and want what's best for the club - I don't mind being disagreed with by the majority of this place, and am honestly fond of everyone here. In fact, all it does is make me more disgusted at Levy and ENIC, for stringing so many good and intelligent folks along for so long.

Admittedly, I am spending more time on TFC. But I don't think it's that so much as two conflating factors that are driving my genuine loathing of Levy and ENIC at this point.

Firstly, @SpurMeUp and I disagree completely on Levy and ENIC, but he makes a point quite often that I agree with - the pandemic, lockdowns and the state of the world have made folks angrier. I accept that point, and I've made it myself before - I feel myself a lot angrier about Spurs now than I was pre-pandemic, even if my low opinion of those....folks at the helm of our club has stayed roughly the same.

The other thing, though, is that Levy's been caught lying a *lot* this year. Lying over the furlough. Lying over the ESL. Lying about seriously pursuing Conte, *just* to get S/T renewals over the line by pulling a despicable bait and switch.
This just takes me back to when he lied in the past, about many other things - lied about big bids for Aguero, Rossi and Llorente in 2011. Going behind BMJ's back to sack him in 2007. And even further back to 2001, when he entered the club claiming to be a lifelong fan, but then in an interview for a book, admitted that he and Lewis had bought Spurs because they saw it as a money-making opportunity - there was, and I quote, 'no connection there' beyond financial.

The guy lies to the fans all the time to hide one essential fact - he is not interested in the good of the club, and never, ever has been. The club is a property acquisition vehicle for ENIC, and the actual good of the club has never, ever been on the radar for Levy and Lewis in comparison to the massive and overriding priority of ensuring that they never have to spend a penny on it and can extract their 2,000% profits upon an eventual sale.

The guy doesn't care about the fans, doesn't care about our history, doesn't care about the slogans he plasters around the ground about Daring to Do.

The guy's a shallow liar. And I honestly despise those folks on a personal level - I've preferred being honest even when it's come at a cost to me, and people like him come across to me as spineless cretins.

So, I apologize mate, but the personal cannot be separated from the professional in this case. When Poch was here, I could tolerate him because Poch was our leader and I could believe that he'd overcome everything, even Levy, to take us where he dearly, honestly wanted to. His was a journey of openness, honesty, passion and pride that covered up the unprincipled cowardice at the helm of the club. That's now gone, and so is any excuse for Levy.

And I do have to point out mate - I'm openly disgusted by Levy and ENIC, not by the folks who support him. I don't think I've gotten personal with anyone on this site, because, as I keep saying, we all care about Spurs in the end and want what's best for the club - I don't mind being disagreed with by the majority of this place, and am honestly fond of everyone here. In fact, all it does is make me more disgusted at Levy and ENIC, for stringing so many good and intelligent folks along for so long.
What lies did Levy tell about furlough, the ESL and Conte? Specifically though. Actual untruths please.

Also, the oft quoted book passage about buying the club as a money making opportunity is spot on. Just happens that the club being spoken about is Glasgow Rangers. To be fair, if you concentrate only on the highlighted bits when this is posted every hour on TFC, it’s an easy fact to miss. Read the non highlighted bits too though and you’ll see what I’m talking about.

100% agree on your Jol point though.

What lies did Levy tell about furlough, the ESL and Conte? Specifically though. Actual untruths please.

Also, the oft quoted book passage about buying the club as a money making opportunity is spot on. Just happens that the club being spoken about is Glasgow Rangers. To be fair, if you concentrate only on the highlighted bits when this is posted every hour on TFC, it’s an easy fact to miss. Read the non highlighted bits too though and you’ll see what I’m talking about.

100% agree on your Jol point though.
Does it even matter whether he is a fan or not? It hasn't made any difference to the strategy that has been employed or the limitations of the ownership. [emoji2379]

Levy tried to furlough ordinary working people - public outrage forced him to climb down on that.

I find it ironic that the people who objected to Spurs using the furlough scheme are the very same ones who moan the most about the lack of money in our transfer kitty. Virtually every other business in the UK used the furlough scheme to their commercial advantage, but for some bizarre reason a deluded section of Spurs fans think that Tottenham Hotspur should not have saved money through this scheme.
As for your repetitive attacks on the Chairman's integrity, they are beyond tedious. If he was the ogre you paint, why bother to build this extraordinary stadium as an income-generator? Covid has hurt Spurs because our shiny new cash cow has been unable to generate cash - only costs. Once events are allowed again, the stadium will resume its purpose: generating funds to allow us to compete with the elite clubs again.
I get that everyone is frustrated that we have gone backwards for the last 3 years. As a complete Spurs addict and season ticket holder, I feel the pain as much as anyone. But we need to cut the Chairman some slack. He knows he took his eye off the ball big-time, he knows how tinkled off the fans are, and I suspect he will do whatever he can to improve the "furniture", while not doing a Leeds.

Levy tried to furlough ordinary working people - public outrage forced him to climb down on that.

I find it ironic that the people who objected to Spurs using the furlough scheme are the very same ones who moan the most about the lack of money in our transfer kitty. Virtually every other business in the UK used the furlough scheme to their commercial advantage, but for some bizarre reason a deluded section of Spurs fans think that Tottenham Hotspur should not have saved money through this scheme.
As for your repetitive attacks on the Chairman's integrity, they are beyond tedious. If he was the ogre you paint, why bother to build this extraordinary stadium as an income-generator? Covid has hurt Spurs because our shiny new cash cow has been unable to generate cash - only costs. Once events are allowed again, the stadium will resume its purpose: generating funds to allow us to compete with the elite clubs again.
I get that everyone is frustrated that we have gone backwards for the last 3 years. As a complete Spurs addict and season ticket holder, I feel the pain as much as anyone. But we need to cut the Chairman some slack. He knows he took his eye off the ball big-time, he knows how tinkled off the fans are, and I suspect he will do whatever he can to improve the "furniture", while not doing a Leeds.

Spot on. We'd actually paid a good chunk of tax in the pre-covid years, unlike many other clubs (as has been pointed out it may well have been a deliberate strategy to operate at a profit due to the optics for getting financing, but we paid tax nonetheless). I'd argue we could have topped up the 20% but aside from that we were perfectly entitled to apply for furlough and it was absolutely the right thing to do. (I have to say I don't know a single person who was put on the 80%-only furlough who felt hard done by. Most people seemed to love it (granted not everyone is in the same boat and not everyone can easily manage on 80% of their income, hence we should have topped up the balance). Maybe our fans did our staff a dis-service!).

Have people forgotten Levy's statement when covid became real and the PL was suspended? He made it clear then how serious it was going to be for us, and I doubt many people imagined that 15+ months later we would still not have full capacity spectators at matches and it's not clear yet whether we will have when next season starts.
Levy has made mistakes and the last year or so have not been his best. But I cannot fathom why there is this absolute clamour for him/ENIC to go now, when the logic is that he should be given the opportunity to show what the new stadium that he had built, when fully operational, can do for the club. It (the current furore) seems to stem from, or at least have gone nuclear at the time of, the ESL debacle. And however ill-conceived the ESL was as a concept, Levy was nonetheless able to ensure that our club was not left behind. He actually did the right thing by the club, even if it was not (depending on one's viewpoint) the best thing for the sport of football.

Spot on. We'd actually paid a good chunk of tax in the pre-covid years, unlike many other clubs (as has been pointed out it may well have been a deliberate strategy to operate at a profit due to the optics for getting financing, but we paid tax nonetheless). I'd argue we could have topped up the 20% but aside from that we were perfectly entitled to apply for furlough and it was absolutely the right thing to do. (I have to say I don't know a single person who was put on the 80%-only furlough who felt hard done by. Most people seemed to love it (granted not everyone is in the same boat and not everyone can easily manage on 80% of their income, hence we should have topped up the balance). Maybe our fans did our staff a dis-service!).

Have people forgotten Levy's statement when covid became real and the PL was suspended? He made it clear then how serious it was going to be for us, and I doubt many people imagined that 15+ months later we would still not have full capacity spectators at matches and it's not clear yet whether we will have when next season starts.
Levy has made mistakes and the last year or so have not been his best. But I cannot fathom why there is this absolute clamour for him/ENIC to go now, when the logic is that he should be given the opportunity to show what the new stadium that he had built, when fully operational, can do for the club. It (the current furore) seems to stem from, or at least have gone nuclear at the time of, the ESL debacle. And however ill-conceived the ESL was as a concept, Levy was nonetheless able to ensure that our club was not left behind. He actually did the right thing by the club, even if it was not (depending on one's viewpoint) the best thing for the sport of football.

I doubt making a profit was just optics. Tifo did a vid on why man utd have to make a profit each year due to their debt.

It's becoming clearer to me by the day that Levy is looking towards an NFL franchise. Tottenham Hotspur Football club are just a means to an end.

It's becoming clearer to me by the day that Levy is looking towards an NFL franchise. Tottenham Hotspur Football club are just a means to an end.
That's some planning and foresight to see a path to buying Tottenham, getting planning permission, build a dual purpose stadium to host NFL and football, and get a franchise outside of US and all along Tottenham was just a means to an end. Got to give him even more credit that I ever did if that's the case

Tbf i'm sure we would love an nfl franchise in london. Enic buying one is a bit of a stretch, that's another £billion at least. Enic taking over spurs 20 years ago just to get an nfl franchise? Sorry but no.

Back