• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Daniel Levy - Chairman

The club’s financial statements are in the public domain.

Swiss ramble done a breakdown of our finances recently and summised that our healthy bank balance was down to financial facilities put in place to cover the build costs, fwiw

All of it?

Don't know, I believe he said something along the lines of 'the majority' of our surplus cash balance was down to loan facilities.

Either way, hard to argue against being extra frugal when there is a large and costly project over running with costs spiralling as a result.

Don't know, I believe he said something along the lines of 'the majority' of our surplus cash balance was down to loan facilities.

Would have to go back and have a look but if that’s accurate then you’d expect our loans to be out of whack with other clubs.

I’d also question Levy if he’s leaving loan money in the bank for very long. We’ll be paying an interest rate on that that will be much higher than the interest rate we receive for having it in the bank so he’d effectively be giving money away.

With capital projects ongoing money flows in and mainly out with alarming monotony, a snap shot like that is not of great use for what we are talking about.

We’ve consistently had a good chunk of money in the bank over the years. And if I’m not wrong, we made 50 odd million profit last year.

Would have to go back and have a look but if that’s accurate then you’d expect our loans to be out of whack with other clubs.

I’d also question Levy if he’s leaving loan money in the bank for very long. We’ll be paying an interest rate on that that will be much higher than the interest rate we receive for having it in the bank so he’d effectively be giving money away.
by no means an expert but I'd imagine it's fairly common for a business which is undertaking a project like the stadium build to have loan money in the bank in order to pay for said project?

Would also certainly expect to see a difference in this regard between ourselves and other clubs which are not building stadiums

FWIW... guess our 17/18 figures must be due at the end of this month...

View attachment 6112

And you have to consider here that all the other top 6 clubs have higher revenue than us so in absolute terms, they're way beyond us in terms of what they spend on wages as the stats on wage spend illustrate.

The point here though is that Levy is incredibly cautious/tight-fisted when it comes to wages. You can't become a top team, a real top team, doing what we do. Levy has got us to a level unimaginable 20 years ago. But what got him there isn't going to get him to the next level.

And you have to consider here that all the other top 6 clubs have higher revenue than us so in absolute terms, they're way beyond us in terms of what they spend on wages as the stats on wage spend illustrate.

The point here though is that Levy is incredibly cautious/tight-fisted when it comes to wages. You can't become a top team, a real top team, doing what we do. Levy has got us to a level unimaginable 20 years ago. But what got him there isn't going to get him to the next level.
Our revenue has shot up over the past couple of seasons thanks to being in CL, guess we’ll see in a few weeks time whether wages have increased commensurately.

63CD2C6B-5F97-4C6A-A240-2D2EC9C761BC.jpeg

Our revenue has shot up over the past couple of seasons thanks to being in CL, guess we’ll see in a few weeks time whether wages have increased commensurately.

View attachment 6115

The revenue increase doesn’t matter in itself when talking about Levy’s attitude to risk though. Don’t get me wrong, it’ll be great to have more money coming in and we’re already seeing the benefits in terms of the wages Kane and Alli have got.

However, if Levy is still spending 42% of revenue, even if that revenue increases, he’s still being too cautious and will still be bottom of that table above. We need to increase that ratio if we want to properly compete.

I’m a massive fan of Levy and what he’s done for the club. Best chairman in the league by a distance. But he’s not perfect.

The revenue increase doesn’t matter in itself when talking about Levy’s attitude to risk though. Don’t get me wrong, it’ll be great to have more money coming in and we’re already seeing the benefits in terms of the wages Kane and Alli have got.

However, if Levy is still spending 42% of revenue, even if that revenue increases, he’s still being too cautious and will still be bottom of that table above. We need to increase that ratio if we want to properly compete.

I’m a massive fan of Levy and what he’s done for the club. Best chairman in the league by a distance. But he’s not perfect.
The increase in revenue doesn't matter when we're talking about your attitude to risk.

I agree with @thfcsteff in terms of what Poch meant by “being brave”. But it’s only an interpretation and unless Poch comes out and clarifies what he meant (which he won’t as it’s old hat now), I can see why it means the total opposite to others. No point in debating it over and over.
What is needed now is a decent transfer budget from Levy and a realistic approach from Poch - getting his first choice may not always be possible - he needs to be pragmatic about it and have back up options in mind which he will accept.

Poch must have exemplary links to Argie and general South American football - easy to identify the top talents playing in the top leagues / in the Copa Libertadores / get the nod from mates etc.

What are the current rules regarding buying these players, do they have to fake Italian passports / go to Europe first / play in X% of internationals or what?

For those that remember, how supportive was the chairman in Nicholson's time as manager? And I was too young to consider Scholar's involvement with Burkinshaw?
The reason for asking is, is Levy Tottenham's greatest ever chairman?

For those that remember, how supportive was the chairman in Nicholson's time as manager? And I was too young to consider Scholar's involvement with Burkinshaw?
The reason for asking is, is Levy Tottenham's greatest ever chairman?

Scholar was a bit of a wideboy if you ask me. Was prepared to sell us to Maxwell, it was the 80s but you could tell he was a wrong in even back then. Corruption seemed more tolerated back then, was a weird decade when I look back.

Back