• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Daniel Levy - Chairman

He was a decent player on midfield
Another though that saw the bright lights of tossfield and didn’t realise it was a career killer playing for pool in that era... ruddock did the same thing

I don’t think he would have played much for us in MF that season anyway, we didn’t miss him and got a decent fee.

He was a decent player on midfield
Another though that saw the bright lights of tossfield and didn’t realise it was a career killer playing for pool in that era... ruddock did the same thing
He had already started dabbling with E’s and getting tinkled up by the time the scouse came in for him.
Not a criticism, the brick that lad went through at the hands of the kiddy fiddlers, it’s heart breaking.

In terms of his Spurs playing career, he looked over awed as a striker. But the moment he reinvented himself as a midfielder he was absolutely superb. Picked up England caps too I recall - possibly?

I never overly rated him either, but boy that header was something special...
I don’t remember a diving header against Liverpool. I half recall a ridiculous header from like the edge of the box! Was that the one, and I’ve just lost the details to the annals of time. And drugs.

I don’t remember a diving header against Liverpool. I half recall a ridiculous header from like the edge of the box! Was that the one, and I’ve just lost the details to the annals of time. And drugs.

I'd assume so yes, that's the one I'm thinking of. And you're right, it wasn't diving as such.

Who took his place
I remember him being an ever present in the 91 season with Gazza (I may be remembering it wrong)

As others have said, Howells, Samways, Allen, Sedgely, Nayim, Barmby and Anderton

I think we also had high hopes for Andy Gray who came in that summer.

As others have said, Howells, Samways, Allen, Sedgely, Nayim, Barmby and Anderton

I think we also had high hopes for Andy Gray who came in that summer.
The first 5 were here when he played a load of games
IMO he would have been a first team starter for us as he had previous but as always some players get attracted to clubs that don’t help them and it wasn’t his loss

Back