• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Daniel Levy - Chairman

Here lies the issue, the lies get more air time than the fact the above post an example. People will hammer home then lies about the food bank with more energy than they will apologise for being wrong. It's pathetic

It's easy narratives

- Levy will make what he sees as the best decision for the club even when that goes counter to fan/media opinion, so easy to set him up as the bad guy (every story needs a bad guy)
- Anything good the club does goes against that narrative, so why run with it?

The biggest issue I have is how easy our fans fall for the narrative, over and over ...

It's easy narratives

- Levy will make what he sees as the best decision for the club even when that goes counter to fan/media opinion, so easy to set him up as the bad guy (every story needs a bad guy)
- Anything good the club does goes against that narrative, so why run with it?

The biggest issue I have is how easy our fans fall for the narrative, over and over ...

I was talking about our fans

https://www.the42.ie/i-needed-jose-...-torture-reveals-luka-modric-5179495-Aug2020/

Modric giving some insight into what it’s like to deal with Levy. Balls of steel. Whatever anyone thinks of him, you surely can’t doubt that Levy does what he thinks is best for Tottenham.
Poor Luka. After meeting that nice Mr Abramovich on his yacht and subsequently asking for a move to a hated rival club he and to ensure the torture of having to honour one more year of his contract.

Interesting to hear that Mourinho would be involved in a conversation with Levy regarding a transfer though.

Gentleman’s agreement to move to a bigger club and renegotiating an agreed deal, Classic Levy! Still waiting to see the benefit of our ‘special relationship with RM :D

I just entered this thread after reading a press speculation article that Milan are hoping Spurs will give them a discount on the Serge Aurier asking price.
Chances are low.
Surely anyone signing him would be expecting a reduction in what we paid on the basis be has shown how weak he is
I would have thought anything over double figures would be a good deal all round

Surely anyone signing him would be expecting a reduction in what we paid on the basis be has shown how weak he is
I would have thought anything over double figures would be a good deal all round

You can imagine Levy’s opening negotiating position though.

“£10m. Are you having a laugh. I’m taking nothing less than £50m. This fella is the Ivory Coast’s star player and captain, he effectively laid the groundwork for PSG to become the team to get to the CL final and he was our first choice right back in the period where we were better than the entire league except City and Liverpool. £50m plus add ons.”

If we accept £10m-£15m for Aurier, I’ll eat my socks.

You can imagine Levy’s opening negotiating position though.

“£10m. Are you having a laugh. I’m taking nothing less than £50m. This fella is the Ivory Coast’s star player and captain, he effectively laid the groundwork for PSG to become the team to get to the CL final and he was our first choice right back in the period where we were better than the entire league except City and Liverpool. £50m plus add ons.”

If we accept £10m-£15m for Aurier, I’ll eat my socks.

we won’t get more

I can see that happening.

So again, we’ll have grumpy unwanted players sat around losing value, like we did with Eriksen, Rose, Jansen etc..
TBF his mental state has been part of his problem since he started playing so I don’t see that changing

I can see that happening.

So again, we’ll have grumpy unwanted players sat around losing value, like we did with Eriksen, Rose, Jansen etc..
I’m trying to think about a time we truly cut our losses on a player? It’s either at least money back or they see the contract out whilst barely playing (Bentley, Gomes spring to mind)
Eriksen was not a loss on his initial fee but I still think allowing him to go into a final year was a rare footballing concession made by Levy to Poch. Possibly helped seeing Madrid pay 100m for Hazard with a year to go!
It is difficult to force a player to leave nowadays, especially to take a step down, but it’s the same for everyone. We may need to grease the wheels
By reducing the fee / paying off players especially if we expect to benefit from other clubs doing the same.

I’m trying to think about a time we truly cut our losses on a player? It’s either at least money back or they see the contract out whilst barely playing (Bentley, Gomes spring to mind)
Eriksen was not a loss on his initial fee but I still think allowing him to go into a final year was a rare footballing concession made by Levy to Poch. Possibly helped seeing Madrid pay 100m for Hazard with a year to go!
It is difficult to force a player to leave nowadays, especially to take a step down, but it’s the same for everyone. We may need to grease the wheels
By reducing the fee / paying off players especially if we expect to benefit from other clubs doing the same.
Any one starting with Nk...
Jansenn

Back