• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Daniel Levy - Chairman

I think it's time for Joe Lewis to back the club or sell it ... they have clearly hit a ceiling with what they wanted to achieve and the spin doctor Levy will say whatever it takes about doing things the right way or organic growth, turn to our youth etc ....

Thanks for the incredible stadium and facilities set up ... but now it's time to sell up to people that want to throw money around. You will have the debt of the stadium used as an excuse to never really back us in the market.

I've enjoyed seeing the club grow, but how about some of those incredible nights of glory that we were once used to?

I think it's time for Joe Lewis to back the club or sell it ... they have clearly hit a ceiling with what they wanted to achieve and the spin doctor Levy will say whatever it takes about doing things the right way or organic growth, turn to our youth etc ....

Thanks for the incredible stadium and facilities set up ... but now it's time to sell up to people that want to throw money around. You will have the debt of the stadium used as an excuse to never really back us in the market.

I've enjoyed seeing the club grow, but how about some of those incredible nights of glory that we were once used to?
As I’ve said loads of times... who is buying a football club at the value we’re now at?
There are clubs like Leeds and Saudi Sportswashing Machine available for a 10th of us and you could do a lot with them with much much less money in
I’m sure ENIC would sell if someone made them an offer that their happy with but I don’t see anyone doing it or having the money to do it now
Crazy thing is the valuation on the club is so high proportionate to the debt... it just makes no business sense for anyone

It also suggests the fans are having their pants pulled down.
How do you relate that to the fans, I’m interested?
The only direct fan input is gate receipts and spend at the ground. TV money is earned by placing, same as Europe and sponsors jump on when clubs do well for their own “profile”
So where does the fan bit kick in?

How do you relate that to the fans, I’m interested?
The only direct fan input is gate receipts and spend at the ground. TV money is earned by placing, same as Europe and sponsors jump on when clubs do well for their own “profile”
So where does the fan bit kick in?

Are you trying to say that because we can sell out a ground our fans are over the moon and happy with Levy's spending profile for our team? Bit of a stretch, i have a ST and go to games, doesn't mean i thin Levy isn't pulling our pants down though.

I’ve always wondered why it’s Levy who gets accused of being tight? Why is it not the person who actually holds the purse strings Joe Lewis? Surely Levy is given instructions from him regarding what our budget is for all things Spurs related....

Are you trying to say that because we can sell out a ground our fans are over the moon and happy with Levy's spending profile for our team? Bit of a stretch, i have a ST and go to games, doesn't mean i thin Levy isn't pulling our pants down though.
Not at all
But if you think the agent have any real relevance to the clubs profits historically your wrong.

It also suggests the fans are having their pants pulled down.
Not really. We had a stadium to pay for and was widely acknowledged our spending wouldn’t be that great. In addition Poch was offered several players to sign but chose to stick with what he had - not a criticism of Poch, but there was money available to spend and for whatever reason he chose not to....

I’ve always wondered why it’s Levy who gets accused of being tight? Why is it not the person who actually holds the purse strings Joe Lewis? Surely Levy is given instructions from him regarding what our budget is for all things Spurs related....
Joe Lewis has nothing to do with spurs other than being the largest shareholder. He leaves it all to Levy
The issue is though that we can’t spend what we don’t have as Lewis doesn’t give us money to buy players.l and levy isn’t a billionaire

Are we back to this? fudge .. this is why I take breaks from Spurs fans/forums ..

Let's get this clear, two options

1. You just want a sugar daddy, and you are willing to not give a fudge where that money comes from, how many people are enslaved, murdered, suffer for your enjoyment
2. You want some modicum of respectability with your club

If you want option 1, and you are willing to own that .. great, because to @Bedfordspurs point, at our current value as a club, only money from very shady sources would even be in the conversation, So we become the next Chelsea circus (end of conversation)

If you want option 2, lets address the points (including from the threads above)

- Joe and ENIC back the club, how the fudge do you think you get a low interest loan for 750M? it's just not direct cash injection
- More importantly, other than Directors payments and asset increase, Joe/Levy/ENIC don't pull money out of the club, it re-invests (unlike United as example)
- If you look at @Jon's chart, here's what I see, the 3 highest wage spenders suck in results, Liverpool is middle of the pack, and City is 2 spots away from us, so does it mean anything?
- But more importantly, you cannot discount the investment in the club over last 10 years (facilities, stadium, training ground), yes it would be nice for that to have gone into players, but we could not compete without it and it stays with the club, vs. we could have spent money on 2-3 big flops and got nothing back.
- Covid has fudged everything up, the new multi-purpose stadium with large capacity, NFL and non sporting events was supposed to give us more revenue and we started to put that money into players (we spent last summer), the problem is we are now forecasting a loss over 100M and we have no idea when revenue streams will return to normal. Barca will have to sell/get rid of players to upgrade their squad, but we expect Spurs is different?

And to the last point, where are the glory nights? why don't you ask Poch and the team why they didn't fudging turn up when it mattered .. because we had a shot at the biggest glory of them all and we didn't take it .. nothing to do with Levy/Joe/ENIC

I had this conversation with @DubaiSpur a year ago I believe, and my view then was

- Once the stadium was up and running, and we knew what our revenue and income streams were, we absolutely should hold Levy accountable for putting investments into the squad (as that was the whole point of playing the long game, and Spurs revenue has increased to being competitive with everyone bar Pool and United)
- The issue is Covid has delayed that, and made it more unpredictable than ever

Final two points ..

- Levy is not going to sell, it's been 20 years, and we are now almost unbuyable anyway.
- Can we get over the Spurs expectation/nostalgia of winning things? I want to win a trophy every year, I really fudging do, but I'm on the wrong side of middle aged and have seen 8 trophies in my time supporting Spurs, Jose has more trophies in his career than Spurs has in it's existence, the run of league results in the last 12 years is actually our best run in the history of this club. So could/should we have won 2-3 trophies between Harry and Poch? sure but Spurs has never been a club with any history of multiple trophies every 5-10 years ..

The preoccupation with winning trophies over everything else is plain childish. Get over it and enjoy the game ffs.
Agree to a point,but with the squad we have had over the past few years we should have had a trophy or two - it’s criminal that we haven’t. It’s not just about us, but the players too - the likes of Eriksen, Dembele and Jan have left us without winning anything and it’s outrageously unjust that such a talented team is slowly being stripped apart with nothing to show for it. Leicester has won the league, Arsenal and Chelsea sides far inferior to us have won trophies during which time we have won zilch. Our players, as much as our fans really have deserved a trophy or two for their efforts and no matter how much you want to downplay it to players winning things really does matter.....

Think I'll live with having my pants pulled down after reaching the CL final and qualifying for the following season's competition. Especially given the club has just spent £1bn on the world's best stadium.

But each to their own eh?
But but but....that's just not enough, it's not good enough and we we'd be walking away with all the trophies if we just...... especially as none of the other clubs in our way are trying:rolleyes:

Are we back to this? fudge .. this is why I take breaks from Spurs fans/forums ..

Let's get this clear, two options

1. You just want a sugar daddy, and you are willing to not give a fudge where that money comes from, how many people are enslaved, murdered, suffer for your enjoyment
2. You want some modicum of respectability with your club

If you want option 1, and you are willing to own that .. great, because to @Bedfordspurs point, at our current value as a club, only money from very shady sources would even be in the conversation, So we become the next Chelsea circus (end of conversation)

If you want option 2, lets address the points (including from the threads above)

- Joe and ENIC back the club, how the fudge do you think you get a low interest loan for 750M? it's just not direct cash injection
- More importantly, other than Directors payments and asset increase, Joe/Levy/ENIC don't pull money out of the club, it re-invests (unlike United as example)
- If you look at @Jon's chart, here's what I see, the 3 highest wage spenders suck in results, Liverpool is middle of the pack, and City is 2 spots away from us, so does it mean anything?
- But more importantly, you cannot discount the investment in the club over last 10 years (facilities, stadium, training ground), yes it would be nice for that to have gone into players, but we could not compete without it and it stays with the club, vs. we could have spent money on 2-3 big flops and got nothing back.
- Covid has fudged everything up, the new multi-purpose stadium with large capacity, NFL and non sporting events was supposed to give us more revenue and we started to put that money into players (we spent last summer), the problem is we are now forecasting a loss over 100M and we have no idea when revenue streams will return to normal. Barca will have to sell/get rid of players to upgrade their squad, but we expect Spurs is different?

And to the last point, where are the glory nights? why don't you ask Poch and the team why they didn't fudging turn up when it mattered .. because we had a shot at the biggest glory of them all and we didn't take it .. nothing to do with Levy/Joe/ENIC

I had this conversation with @DubaiSpur a year ago I believe, and my view then was

- Once the stadium was up and running, and we knew what our revenue and income streams were, we absolutely should hold Levy accountable for putting investments into the squad (as that was the whole point of playing the long game, and Spurs revenue has increased to being competitive with everyone bar Pool and United)
- The issue is Covid has delayed that, and made it more unpredictable than ever

Final two points ..

- Levy is not going to sell, it's been 20 years, and we are now almost unbuyable anyway.
- Can we get over the Spurs expectation/nostalgia of winning things? I want to win a trophy every year, I really fudging do, but I'm on the wrong side of middle aged and have seen 8 trophies in my time supporting Spurs, Jose has more trophies in his career than Spurs has in it's existence, the run of league results in the last 12 years is actually our best run in the history of this club. So could/should we have won 2-3 trophies between Harry and Poch? sure but Spurs has never been a club with any history of multiple trophies every 5-10 years ..
Dubai incoming in 5 4 3 2 1....

:D

Agree to a point,but with the squad we have had over the past few years we should have had a trophy or two - it’s criminal that we haven’t. It’s not just about us, but the players too - the likes of Eriksen, Dembele and Jan have left us without winning anything and it’s outrageously unjust that such a talented team is slowly being stripped apart with nothing to show for it. Leicester has won the league, Arsenal and Chelsea sides far inferior to us have won trophies during which time we have won zilch. Our players, as much as our fans really have deserved a trophy or two for their efforts and no matter how much you want to downplay it to players winning things really does matter.....
But the players are much much more accountable for not winning the trophies too

Where I disagree is we have nothing to show for it. For me trophies are just a bonus, something to fend off other fans with, but I really couldn't give a fig about other fans. They're always going to give you grief, no matter what, so I just shrug them off.

All that REALLY matters to me is whether I've enjoyed the journey and from that perspective we have an immense amount to show for it. Since my first game at WHL in1953 I've seen us win 14 trophies but can honestly say these past few seasons under Poch have given me every bit as much joy as any previously. That's not to say I wouldn't also have been elated if we'd won a trophy or two under Poch but I can accept that actually landing silverware usually has to be accompanied by a certain amount of either good fortune or cheating or more likely a combination both.

Put it like this, if we do succeed in winning a trophy under Mourinho whilst playing the dour type of football we sometimes had to endure through the lockdown then you can keep it. It'll mean little or nothing to me because I will have switched off through sheer boredom long before we even get a glimpse of silverware.

Where I disagree is we have nothing to show for it. For me trophies are just a bonus, something to fend off other fans with, but I really couldn't give a fig about other fans. They're always going to give you grief, no matter what, so I just shrug them off.

All that REALLY matters to me is whether I've enjoyed the journey and from that perspective we have an immense amount to show for it. Since my first game at WHL in1953 I've seen us win 14 trophies but can honestly say these past few seasons under Poch have given me every bit as much joy as any previously. That's not to say I wouldn't also have been elated if we'd won a trophy or two under Poch but I can accept that actually landing silverware usually has to be accompanied by a certain amount of either good fortune or cheating or more likely a combination both.

Put it like this, if we do succeed in winning a trophy under Mourinho whilst playing the dour type of football we sometimes had to endure through the lockdown then you can keep it. It'll mean little or nothing to me because I will have switched off through sheer boredom long before we even get a glimpse of silverware.

Wow first game in 1953! That’s incredible!

What would have happened in your opinion if we managed to get bobby moore the first time bill tried?

Wow first game in 1953! That’s incredible!

What would have happened in your opinion if we managed to get bobby moore the first time bill tried?
Well we ended up with Mike England who was no slouch tbf, but who knows? Interestingly enough having failed to land Bobby Moore and despite West Ham's two other World Cup winners Hurst and Peters we did the double over them in 66/67 then smashed them 5-1 at WHL the following season, so make of that what you will.

Well we ended up with Mike England who was no slouch tbf, but who knows? Interestingly enough having failed to land Bobby Moore and despite West Ham's two other World Cup winners Hurst and Peters we did the double over them in 66/67 then smashed them 5-1 at WHL the following season, so make of that what you will.
True story
Bobby Moore ran over my brother at the bill Nich gates way back in the 80s. He had a burgundy Daimler
He got out and then apologised and was being really nice

As I’ve said loads of times... who is buying a football club at the value we’re now at?
There are clubs like Leeds and Saudi Sportswashing Machine available for a 10th of us and you could do a lot with them with much much less money in
I’m sure ENIC would sell if someone made them an offer that their happy with but I don’t see anyone doing it or having the money to do it now
Crazy thing is the valuation on the club is so high proportionate to the debt... it just makes no business sense for anyone

Unless we have some financial trouble we dont know about. The only people who could buy us a sovereign wealth fund.

Back