• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Cycling thread

Well i thought we had turned the corner in cycling but i got to say i have no faith in the result of the vuelta.

The real issue is that if enough cyclists still think the top guys are doping then a few of them will dope up in order to compete. To me it looks like Horner watched the tour, made a judgement call on what was going on and doped up to finally win a GT. I can't see Horner getting caught, just like the obvious 2nd rest day dopers weren't caught during the tour.

it will be interesting how far radio-shack push this the other way, if they did indeed turn up at the wrong hotel then tell the press Horner hadn't shown thats incredibly poor judgement

even Cav?

;-)

haha yeah i love cav got a massive poster of him with my arm round him in the front room(the wife does not like it but screw her) cav is the greatest sprinter and i love him for what he has done for British cycling but i have never seen such a pure rider as Martin the guy has the best techinque of anyone ever, different sort of rider to cav of course.

Think the thing is i see myself as a Martin type rider so i guess that why i love him so much, even cheered him on against wiggins in the Olympics. If he was fit he would have won, the guy is unlucker then evans with injuries.

Who do you think will win the road race, galeforce?

Im thinking if they can control it properly then Froome can take the win, would love to see gilbert do back to backs, was meant to be out in Florence for the saturday but to much on at the moment with the new business.

agree, it really should be froome, but sky (er.... team gb) have ****ed up in similar situations before, it'll be the usual suspects, Nibali has a great chance, I don't know much about the Slovak squad to be honest, do you reckon Sagan has any chance?

agree, it really should be froome, but sky (er.... team gb) have ****ed up in similar situations before, it'll be the usual suspects, Nibali has a great chance, I don't know much about the Slovak squad to be honest, do you reckon Sagan has any chance?

sagan is interesting, the course is not so steep that he should lose contact, but i expect sky er team gb to do what they did in Denmark 2 years ago and hit a hard fast pace, so much so that sagan will lose contact. Sagan could go down as one of the all time greats depending on what he does over the next 10 years.

Honestly i have been having the argument on my cycling forums and the opinon is split but he could win a tour one year not just the green, he is that good.

sagan is interesting, the course is not so steep that he should lose contact, but i expect sky er team gb to do what they did in Denmark 2 years ago and hit a hard fast pace, so much so that sagan will lose contact. Sagan could go down as one of the all time greats depending on what he does over the next 10 years.

Honestly i have been having the argument on my cycling forums and the opinon is split but he could win a tour one year not just the green, he is that good.

Way I see it is the course is too long and tough for any one team to do much. There'll be about 30 strong riders left at 20km to go. The likes of Wiggins and Cav wont have the motivation or form to last the course. Plus it looks like it will be raining, not too many will fancy a long hard race at the end of the season that most have no chance of winning.

I've backed Cancellara and covered the bet with bets on Sagan and Nibali. I really do think it will come down to Sagan versus Cancellara though.

Way I see it is the course is too long and tough for any one team to do much. There'll be about 30 strong riders left at 20km to go. The likes of Wiggins and Cav wont have the motivation or form to last the course. Plus it looks like it will be raining, not too many will fancy a long hard race at the end of the season that most have no chance of winning.

I've backed Cancellara and covered the bet with bets on Sagan and Nibali. I really do think it will come down to Sagan versus Cancellara though.

Looking like a good bet, the is quite a nasty down hill bit so should be interesting.
cancellara has set his whole season around this so he has got to give it a real good go, my cycling bets this season have been really off so im not a good guide, was doing great up to the tour de france.

Think it is going to be an absolute classic and im more excited by cycling then football these days.

I think the favorites have to be Purito, Cancellara and Sagan. If purito can spring in the last climb which i heard is short but steep, i think he has a chance of holding out the likes of cancellara and sagan. Cancellara will probably have no desire to get sagan to a sprint finish, so he will not work a lot to bring purito back if sagan is in the group in the last 5km. For me purito, cancellara and sagan. The rest are not suited for the track, froome, nibali and horner(if he is participating, i don't know) need a longer climb to produce damage. Valverde is in the spain team, and i think they're best bet is purito so they might work for him, so no valverde or contador if that happens...

I think Sagan is a great rider, but him winning a major tour ? he would have a better chance to be struck by lightning in my opinion :)

Looking like a good bet, the is quite a nasty down hill bit so should be interesting.
cancellara has set his whole season around this so he has got to give it a real good go, my cycling bets this season have been really off so im not a good guide, was doing great up to the tour de france.

Think it is going to be an absolute classic and im more excited by cycling then football these days.

He's specifically lost weight for the race. This will be his last chance of winning the world Champion's Jersey. If it comes down to a battle of wills between him and Sagan then Cancellara will want it more. There a huge danger they'll just be marking each other towards the end and someone like Dan Martin or Rui Costa will go up the road never to be brought back.

I think Sagan is a great rider, but him winning a major tour ? he would have a better chance to be struck by lightning in my opinion :)

Sean Kelly won the Vuelta. Sagan reminds him of Kelly. Sagan could easily start targeting stage races later on in his career if he slims down.

Sean Kelly won the Vuelta. Sagan reminds him of Kelly. Sagan could easily start targeting stage races later on in his career if he slims down.

tickle my balls with a feather he would have to slim down and change is training but in a year with less mountains like when wiggins one his tour he could do it, such a special rider for his age.

In interesting other news http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/tiernan-locke-called-to-clarify-irregular-blood-values

you can always find me on this forum shooting the breeze if you guys want some more cycle chat.

what channel is it on?

trying to stream it but only getting forign commentry at the moment

bbc2 froome like the rest of the british squad given up already, not worth the risk in the rain to injure themselves, wish i has inside info from the british team cos i would have layed froome if i knew he did not give a **** about the worlds, someone made some money out of it.

Looking good for gilbert.

Back