• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Cycling thread

BPuUtGFCMAIXhK0.jpg

The lead out was not like some of the old ones where he got such a fast lead out no one could come round him. With such great sprinters as kittel and griepel the lead out has to be perfect or he has to keep cloer and then try to come up on the inside.

I will enjoy next year when he does not race a very hard giro before the tour, but today i have to say his sprint was terrible and a little desperate, maybe that amazing desire to win but he was fighting the bike which is the worst thing you can do.

Kitttel deserved it today and we are now entering a golden age of sprinting because the will be real competition for the next few years. I still think cav will pick up stage wins but not like in the past, he will never be a classics winner so he has to stay focused on stages and he can do that with a good lead out.

I'm not confident he'll get a dedicated lead out next year once Uran joins the team. Uran will definitely be going for GC in the Tour next year.

I'm not confident he'll get a dedicated lead out next year once Uran joins the team. Uran will definitely be going for GC in the Tour next year.

He has pettachi(spelling) and renshaw, should be enough especailly if he does not do the giro before the tour then i think he will be able to pick up a couple of stages. But he has to learn to time better then he did this year, he has had it to easy for to long and now he is going to have to raise the stakes. Will be interesting to see how kittel does now he is going to be targeted for more blood tests, i wonder if he can pass them all now his blood passport has had a nice little boast.

It is about to kick off i think :) http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/cas-rules-uv-light-blood-treatments-in-germany-were-not-doping

Im actually one of the posters further down commenting on it, if it were froome a lot more would be said about it.

I also believe this is why kittel pulled out of the tour last year, he got sick half way through. I think cav will be smiling tonight.

Why would Cav be smiling? He isn't doing it now I guess and still beat him this year.

It is about to kick off i think :) http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/cas-rules-uv-light-blood-treatments-in-germany-were-not-doping

Im actually one of the posters further down commenting on it, if it were froome a lot more would be said about it.

I also believe this is why kittel pulled out of the tour last year, he got sick half way through. I think cav will be smiling tonight.

This Kittel story has been going for years and everyone reckons there's no performance advantage form those treatments. Similar to the bloodspinning thing Defoe got.

Kittel has been outspoken in his comments on anti doping over the last few years. Maybe its to deflect this though. That and the general public in Germany think everyone in cycling is doping after Ullrich. Their tdf coverage used to consist of them discussing who was doping until it was eventually cancelled.

Can't wait until 10am tomorrow when the names of the riders who failed the retroactive 1998 tdf tests are released.

This Kittel story has been going for years and [XEURL="http://www.inthegc.com/2012/11/marcel-kittel-blood-irradiation-and.html"]everyone reckons there's no performance advantage form those treatments[/URL]. Similar to the bloodspinning thing Defoe got.

Kittel has been outspoken in his comments on anti doping over the last few years. Maybe its to deflect this though. That and the general public in Germany think everyone in cycling is doping after Ullrich. Their tdf coverage used to consist of them discussing who was doping until it was eventually cancelled.

Can't wait until 10am tomorrow when the names of the riders who failed the retroactive 1998 tdf tests are released.

Whats to see there then, Pantani to be proved innocent?

=D>=D>=D>=D>=D>

Makes ya proud to be....

UJ_Flying.jpg

Truly amazing time for British sport atm, competing in all the majors \o/

Yes true.

However, born in Kenya, started cycling in Kenya. His mentor is a local Kenyan cyclist.
He joined a group of local cyclists. They used to cycle in a village called Kikuyu, about 40 kms
from Nairobi. Very hilly countryside. You go from about 5500 ft above sea level to 8500 ft
in about 10 kms.

He represented Kenya in the under 23 at the the world championship in Salsburg - spelling ?

He comes to Kenya very often. His Mum is buried here. She died in 2008, I think.

He speaks Swahili and is a real cool guy.

Good to see that we can produce sportspeople apart from our world class long distance
athletes .

\o/

and Wiggo is from Belgium...

I think the 98 results will pretty much hang every pro from that era, they were quite literally, all at it

the UCI are not helping the situation though, there needs to be some kind of amnesty, the sooner that **** mcquaid is kicked out the better

Stunning victory today for Irishman Roche in Spain so pleased for him after all the work he did in the tour de france for contador, now for dan martin to break into the top 3 for a tour finish.

Nibali has this race to lose to be honest.

So chuffed to see Roche still up there, married into the Irish lot and i know there going crazy for him, hope he has a good ride as the serious stuff is coming up.

Time for nibby to show his worth and go and get two stage wins i think.

@Galeforce do you think horner is clean? the guy is not much younger then me, been telling anyone who will listen that the is still a chance i can win a grand tour.

Honestly, now probably, previously probably not, I'm sure he started clean but he has that "awesome in America, moved to Europe, struggled for a bit, picked up suddenly" pattern doesnt he?

Honestly, now probably, previously probably not, I'm sure he started clean but he has that "awesome in America, moved to Europe, struggled for a bit, picked up suddenly" pattern doesnt he?

Yeah he does.

I mean to be doing this at 42 is just not real, a lot will depend on the next week and if he does a leipheimer and falls away in the last week of a grand tour but im already curiously looking at his times.

I know what you mean, for me though he'd have to be pretty stupid to risk anything knowing what a story it is at his age, AD will be all over him.

Could just be he's peaking at the same time niggling injuries and efforts in the Giro/Tour are catching up to others.

Back