• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Cycling thread

Froome got hunger knock.
You're not allowed to get anthing from the team car in the last 6k of the race.
Porte dropped back and got a gel for Froome while the Commissaire of the race was shouting at him not to take it.
Froome just about hung on due to the gel. He could have lost 5 minutes if he completely bonked.

5 mins saved by having a little bit of gel, really ??? fudge me ill get me some of that gel if it can give you that much of a lift and boost

Looks like Froome has a 20 second penalty.

On the other hand, he has a tough day, gets a time penalty and extends his lead over second place. Not a bad day as bad days go.

General Classification after Stage 18:

1 Froome
2 Contador +5:11
3 Quintana +5:32
4 Kreuziger +5:44
5 Rodriguez +5:58

5 mins saved by having a little bit of gel, really ??? fudge me ill get me some of that gel if it can give you that much of a lift and boost

It is not so much what the gel gives you as what it stops you from having, if froome had had the stomach cramps he would have been in agony lost a load of time and put his performance back for the rest of the tour.

Felt he and sky cheated yesterday in the change over on the bikes, but i caught the highlightss due to be so busy.

It is not so much what the gel gives you as what it stops you from having, if froome had had the stomach cramps he would have been in agony lost a load of time and put his performance back for the rest of the tour.

Felt he and sky cheated yesterday in the change over on the bikes, but i caught the highlightss due to be so busy.

Changing bikes is allowed, or did you mean the push?

Changing bikes is allowed, or did you mean the push?

Yeah i meant the push, was for to long in my opinon, though i could have done with one a few weeks ago when i was going up the mountains so maybe just jealous. Today sky cheated they knew it was wrong and they did it anyway. Why they gave their detractors the chance to get one over them i do not know. In the political war that the sport fights after armstrong today was a massive own goal by sky.

Depends how bad Froome was feeling. A small PR own-goal is minor towards winning the tour.

In the general scheme of things its more like a professional foul in football. Deliberately breaking the rules and accepting the infraction (yellow or red card) for the good of the team effort. It's cheating but expected in professional sports.

If anything, as I understand it, Froome was punished outside the rules as he didn't get food from the car and you are allowed to get food from a team-mate. However, the penalty was correct for the spirit of the rule if not the letter.

So Froome says he lost his legs because he was overwhelmed knowing he'd won it, not sure I buy that. Surely Quintana just outgassed him, he seems to have crazy stamina and will surely win the tour at some point.

Looking forward to watching the last stage in the sunset and twilight tonight, will be quite a spectacle !!!

Watched a lot of it yesterday, that Quintana bloke is unreal !!

So Froome says he lost his legs because he was overwhelmed knowing he'd won it, not sure I buy that. Surely Quintana just outgassed him, he seems to have crazy stamina and will surely win the tour at some point.

I hope so because i love a pure climber but he will have to massively improve his time trials on the flat especailly if they have the normal amount in as this year the was less of it then normal.

Today could be the best yet in our sporting renaissance.

Westwood and Poulter in contention for the Open, the Aussies taking a battering at Lords, Froome in Yellow and possibly Cavendish to win today's final sprint in Paris.

BPuOU5GCAAA-Tls.jpg

Is Cav just not as fast as the others now then, used to win all the time in the sprints? Or do his team give him a poor lead out now.

His team didn't do such a good job today and possibly in earlier stages.

He had better lead outs from Sky last year, even though he wasn't the focus.

Is Cav just not as fast as the others now then, used to win all the time in the sprints? Or do his team give him a poor lead out now.

The lead out was not like some of the old ones where he got such a fast lead out no one could come round him. With such great sprinters as kittel and griepel the lead out has to be perfect or he has to keep cloer and then try to come up on the inside.

I will enjoy next year when he does not race a very hard giro before the tour, but today i have to say his sprint was terrible and a little desperate, maybe that amazing desire to win but he was fighting the bike which is the worst thing you can do.

Kitttel deserved it today and we are now entering a golden age of sprinting because the will be real competition for the next few years. I still think cav will pick up stage wins but not like in the past, he will never be a classics winner so he has to stay focused on stages and he can do that with a good lead out.

Back