• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Covid outbreak at Spurs

3 games just to qualify for the next round.

3 games we could win the league cup.

I'd be happy to let it go. Get cl and maybe a domestic trophy.

Then Uefa ban us from European competition for a year for refusing to play an ECL game!
(Tongue-in-cheek. Yet you know anything is possible...Especially when it's Spurs.)

Think our next game will be Liverpool?

can’t see Leicester game going ahead

Liverpool won’t go ahead. It’s 11 days away and Conte said today we’ve still got people testing positive.

I’d say it’s likely we’re going to see a pause in the PL.

case numbers aren't much higher than they have been over the last several months though. If they go up 3x-4x then you might be right, but at current levels I'm not sure what is different to recent months

The estimate this evening was that there are likely 10,000 cases in the country at present. The doubling rate is estimated to be every 2-3 days. By the start of January it’s going to be hard not to be exposed to this variant.

We’re entering firebreak or lockdown territory again unfortunately. Not necessarily due to climbing hospital numbers (although that does remain a possibility) but the numbers of people having to isolate will begin to put real strain on public services.

Liverpool won’t go ahead. It’s 11 days away and Conte said today we’ve still got people testing positive.

The estimate this evening was that there are likely 10,000 cases in the country at present. The doubling rate is estimated to be every 2-3 days. By the start of January it’s going to be hard not to be exposed to this variant.

We’re entering firebreak or lockdown territory again unfortunately. Not necessarily due to climbing hospital numbers (although that does remain a possibility) but the numbers of people having to isolate will begin to put real strain on public services.

Maybe of the unvaccinated

Unlikely for the vaccinated now the damage of lockdown is coming out

We'll only go in lockdown if hospitals are getting overrun. Which i can't see unless things in sa take a turn for the worse in the next week.

Then Uefa ban us from European competition for a year for refusing to play an ECL game!
(Tongue-in-cheek. Yet you know anything is possible...Especially when it's Spurs.)

Realize you're kidding, but it is possible, for sure. If that's the case, though, the next steps are simple - we sue them and take it to the Court of Arbitration for Sport for forcing Spurs to contravene national public health regulations and risking the health of our players and staff to play a Clown Car Conference Game in their brick-tier third rate competition.

We are no minnows like the clubs they typically pick on - if they want to fight an army of lawyers, we are rich enough to hire them.

3 games just to qualify for the next round.

3 games we could win the league cup.

I'd be happy to let it go. Get cl and maybe a domestic trophy.

If Rennes weren' t such d*ckheads I'd be happy to cede the game and go out - already tired of this clown car competition for our useless second-string.

...but as with previous variants, this new variant will crowd out the old variant i.e. it'll infect people who could have been infected with the previous variant.

Therefore whilst the cases from this increases, the 50000 or so people (based on reported numbers) who have been getting the previous variant decrease

So the level of impact surely comes down to the same thing - whether the vaccines which we've all had work against the new variant or not. If the do, its no big change, if they don't then we're back to March 2020 (albeit with likely quicker route to a vaccine)

...but as with previous variants, this new variant will crowd out the old variant i.e. it'll infect people who could have been infected with the previous variant.

Therefore whilst the cases from this increases, the 50000 or so people (based on reported numbers) who have been getting the previous variant decrease

So the level of impact surely comes down to the same thing - whether the vaccines which we've all had work against the new variant or not. If the do, its no big change, if they don't then we're back to March 2020 (albeit with likely quicker route to a vaccine)

You are probably correct but be careful making assumptions. This is highly mutated to the point where some think it might have merged with a cold virus in an infected cell. Antibodies have trouble recognising it hence the immune escape. So it may be possible for both to exist or even infect the same person at the same time. We really don't know at this point. Although it's probably more likely to replace delta.

You are probably correct but be careful making assumptions. This is highly mutated to the point where some think it might have merged with a cold virus in an infected cell. Antibodies have trouble recognising it hence the immune escape. So it may be possible for both to exist or even infect the same person at the same time. We really don't know at this point. Although it's probably more likely to replace delta.

Yep, I was making assumptions....as were you in your post!! Until the world knows more, we'll carry on as we were with some slightly increased precautions...which I think is what we're doing. So PL games I'd suggest will continue, until the facts change. THe covid passports will probably reduce attendances a little, but not more than 10%-20% I doubt

Yep, I was making assumptions....as were you in your post!! Until the world knows more, we'll carry on as we were with some slightly increased precautions...which I think is what we're doing. So PL games I'd suggest will continue, until the facts change. THe covid passports will probably reduce attendances a little, but not more than 10%-20% I doubt

What assumptions did i make?

What assumptions did i make?

1) The estimate this evening was that there are likely 10,000 cases in the country at present.
2) The doubling rate is estimated to be every 2-3 days.
3) By the start of January it’s going to be hard not to be exposed to this variant.

Appreciate though that the first couple came from the health 'experts', who have so far been wrong more than they've been right!

Back