• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Covid outbreak at Spurs

Interesting.
You would think the club is relatively comfortable legally that no future ban will occur, even if it means going to the court for sports arbitration (or whatever it's called).
And banking on UEFA backing down on a case of health risk

is that the case? thought Uefa keeping their powder dry.

That's the word now yes, UEFA have officially postponed the game and are working to reschedule.

This announcement came about 20 mins after they said as far as they're concerned it was going ahead.

1) The estimate this evening was that there are likely 10,000 cases in the country at present.
2) The doubling rate is estimated to be every 2-3 days.
3) By the start of January it’s going to be hard not to be exposed to this variant.

Appreciate though that the first couple came from the health 'experts', who have so far been wrong more than they've been right!
If you doubt that Britain has 10 000 cases, you are utterly deluded.
Let me present you the current numbers from Norway. We have 5000+ cases every day! From a 5m population. Also the rate of positive tests is 17%, which is insane, and indicates that there are many more cases. Also, 80% are vaccinated, and in Norway we have only used Pfizer and Moderna, which are superior to the Astra Zenecha both in terms of protection from getting infected, and protection from serious illness.
Screenshot_20211209-152823_Chrome.jpgScreenshot_20211209-152844_Chrome.jpg
Innlagte = admitted to hospital
Intensiv = intensive care
Døde = deaths

If you doubt that Britain has 10 000 cases, you are utterly deluded.
Let me present you the current numbers from Norway. We have 5000+ cases every day! From a 5m population. Also the rate of positive tests is 17%, which is insane, and indicates that there are many more cases. Also, 80% are vaccinated, and in Norway we have only used Pfizer and Moderna, which are superior to the Astra Zenecha both in terms of protection from getting infected, and protection from serious illness.
View attachment 13244View attachment 13245
Innlagte = admitted to hospital
Intensiv = intensive care
Døde = deaths

He's talking about omicron specifically.

Although we do probably have about 10k cases with about 3k a day that is doubling every 2-3 days. It might be an underestimate though as some of our pcr tests don't pick up the s gene drop out of omicron and there is another type of omicron with no s gene drop out. So we'll have to rely on genomic sequencing which takes a while.

And the fixture backlog grows. Would be good if we could get some incoming transfers sorted early Jan rather than late to take advantage

And the fixture backlog grows. Would be good if we could get some incoming transfers sorted early Jan rather than late to take advantage

It'll be fine, unless we make the finals of the two domestic cups and the ECL. Going out of any of those free up gaps, and to your point, hopefully we'll have a stronger squad by then too

I hope the players that have got it don't feel too bad after. In terms of general fitness and the fatigue if the illness. It's most of our starting players.

It'll be fine, unless we make the finals of the two domestic cups and the ECL. Going out of any of those free up gaps, and to your point, hopefully we'll have a stronger squad by then too

We dont have the squad currently to routinely play twice a week, which would be the case even if we go out of one of the cups.

Either our brick back up players play more or our first 11 get flogged.

Either way we would drop points galore imo.

Looking at where the Rennes match might be squeezed in, it might be do-able if the Carbonara Cup match with West Ham could be shifted to mid-week between Jan 1 - Jan 8 - Jan 16. They're free to play a Tue-Wed. game on either week, as we are. Fit in the Brighton trip in the other week.

Kimmich is in a bit of a bad way after having it
I have a friend who had it 2 months ago, and he still doesn't have any energy. He was fully vaccinated about 2 months before he got it, And he is as fit as one gets. Runs marathon sub 3 hours, does triathlon, hill climb running etc. He still has no taste or smell. Was not admitted to hospital, just had it like a flu. I think there must be something genetic that causes some people to get really sick, and other not even knowing that they've had it. Really strange.

I have a friend who had it 2 months ago, and he still doesn't have any energy. He was fully vaccinated about 2 months before he got it, And he is as fit as one gets. Runs marathon sub 3 hours, does triathlon, hill climb running etc. He still has no taste or smell. Was not admitted to hospital, just had it like a flu. I think there must be something genetic that causes some people to get really sick, and other not even knowing that they've had it. Really strange.

Could be wrong but I’m sure I read months ago that you can get infected with higher levels of covid depending on how much gets in you.

Like if someone is shredding it like mad near you and there is brick loads of the particles going into you as opposed to maybe just a few particles you may get touching a surface with it on.

Although I know they multiply in you regardless but anyhow the above might be why some people have hardly any symptoms and others get more ill?

Back