• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Coronavirus

Met my mate in the pub yesterday, he'd just had one. I asked him what was the point? About 1 in 60 people are currently infected in the uk at the moment. There was about 30 people in the pub, said there's a 50% chance someone in here has it. During the day at least one or 2 would have come in infected. Breathing everywhere. Omicron the whole country is going to get it again by the looks of things. Isolating won't slow it down for those that bother.

Lets just get on with it. We get sick we get sick. We can't stop living though.

I think I might have had it again. I've had colds all autumn, but noticed the other day that after the last one cleared my sense of smell is randomly just quite diminished. I think that's going to be the situation for everyone now/very soon (apart form the severely immuno-compromised, who I have an awful lot of sympathy for) - it's just now one of those things that you probably won't even particularly notice.

Met my mate in the pub yesterday, he'd just had one. I asked him what was the point? About 1 in 60 people are currently infected in the uk at the moment. There was about 30 people in the pub, said there's a 50% chance someone in here has it. During the day at least one or 2 would have come in infected. Breathing everywhere. Omicron the whole country is going to get it again by the looks of things. Isolating won't slow it down for those that bother.

The big (real) risk at the moment is if a wave of covid rips through the population very quickly then there may not be enough key workers to keep things running. Especially if the existing isolation rules continue. I completely get the reason for the additional precautionary factors at the moment as it should give a few more weeks for boosters to be given/kick in and, more importantly, to get more data from SA to see whether the initial promising statistics continue to hold.

The big (real) risk at the moment is if a wave of covid rips through the population very quickly then there may not be enough key workers to keep things running. Especially if the existing isolation rules continue. I completely get the reason for the additional precautionary factors at the moment as it should give a few more weeks for boosters to be given/kick in and, more importantly, to get more data from SA to see whether the initial promising statistics continue to hold.

You saw the numbers out of scotland? Their restrictions haven't slowed it at all. Doubling every day.

They'd be better treating it like flu or a cold. Go to work unless you are too sick. Get it all done and dusted.

If you are vulnerable. Take time off. Watch netflix.

Isn’t that the issue though? That if enough people get sick enough to need hospital treatment it could cause an overload on the health service? Things are looking promising in terms of health effects of omicron but a few more weeks is probably needed to be sure. If that means a bit more mask wearing and wfh so be it. (Typed sitting in pub with no mask, admittedly)

I think I might have had it again. I've had colds all autumn, but noticed the other day that after the last one cleared my sense of smell is randomly just quite diminished. I think that's going to be the situation for everyone now/very soon (apart form the severely immuno-compromised, who I have an awful lot of sympathy for) - it's just now one of those things that you probably won't even particularly notice.

I might have had it (or something). Got the chills, diarreah, vomited a few times. Lasted a day. Ok next day although knees and elbows ached a bit. Got a slight itchy throat but i drink a bit of vinegar cleared that up.

Isn’t that the issue though? That if enough people get sick enough to need hospital treatment it could cause an overload on the health service? Things are looking promising in terms of health effects of omicron but a few more weeks is probably needed to be sure. If that means a bit more mask wearing and wfh so be it. (Typed sitting in pub with no mask, admittedly)

A few more weeks it will be over. Listen to sturgeons briefing. It's doubling every day. Not just the proportion of cases but total number of cases doubled from yesterday to over 5k today.

You saw the numbers out of scotland? Their restrictions haven't slowed it at all. Doubling every day.

They'd be better treating it like flu or a cold. Go to work unless you are too sick. Get it all done and dusted.

If you are vulnerable. Take time off. Watch netflix.
The restrictions haven't really had a chance to take effect yet though have they?

Missus testing positive this morning I was negative. Am beside myself with worry as was with poorly parents yesterday and met with an isolating friend (outside - masked- socially distanced) who is waiting for a major operation.

Apparently a distant relative of one of my co-workers died recently from vitamin D overdose. Rather than get the vaccine, he thought drinking lots of cod liver oil would keep him safe.

Missus testing positive this morning I was negative. Am beside myself with worry as was with poorly parents yesterday and met with an isolating friend (outside - masked- socially distanced) who is waiting for a major operation.

That’s very worrying for you. Fingers crossed that you are fine, as are your parents and friend.

No point in worrying. Hopefully they've had their boosters, should be ok. The tcell protection seems still very good even against omicron according to that earlier study.

That people just accept the govt doing things that actually harm us but get upset when they do something of no consequence whatsoever.
I think people get upset when the ruling classes make rules that only the plebs are expected (forced) to follow. It is impossible for any leader to enforce rules that they are shown not to adhere to themselves.

I think people get upset when the ruling classes make rules that only the plebs are expected (forced) to follow. It is impossible for any leader to enforce rules that they are shown not to adhere to themselves.
Sounds like people getting upset about issues of no consequence.

If people are to be bothered by such things, their ire is aimed at the wrong side of the equation.

Sounds like people getting upset about issues of no consequence.

If people are to be bothered by such things, their ire is aimed at the wrong side of the equation.

It is of personal consequence to the people getting most upset by it though. I can shrug my shoulders and think ‘Tory gonna Tory’ but there are hundreds of thousands of people in this country that adhered to guidelines and were unable to to say last goodbye’s or spend one last Christmas with loved ones. Or lost their businesses as a result of lockdowns. People were heavily fined by the police for breaking rules.

As a result this hits very personally to some even if it doesn’t to you or I. Don’t also forget the part the media plays in stoking fires for clicks and views.

It is of personal consequence to the people getting most upset by it though. I can shrug my shoulders and think ‘Tory gonna Tory’ but there are hundreds of thousands of people in this country that adhered to guidelines and were unable to to say last goodbye’s or spend one last Christmas with loved ones. Or lost their businesses as a result of lockdowns. People were heavily fined by the police for breaking rules.

As a result this hits very personally to some even if it doesn’t to you or I. Don’t also forget the part the media plays in stoking fires for clicks and views.
That's precisely my point.

The part of the equation that did actual harm to people was the trapping them indoors and spaffing all their money up the wall. That's the bit they should be angry with, not the part where some people they'll never meet had a party somewhere they'll never go

Back