• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Coronavirus

Isn’t that tempered by the fact that the demographic getting infected is mainly younger and therefore less likely to become seriously ill anyway?

The whole of sa is getting infected. Yes the population is generally younger but they're not all young. 20% of the population has hiv.

You can compare previous waves in the country to this one. In july 91% of their covid wards were full compared to 13% now in gauteng.

Ok forget the modellers and media and other experts.

When in this whole pandemic have we seen interviews with doctors and nurses (at the epicenter) saying, "mild", "storm in a tea cup", "You've probably had it for a while, just not noticed"?

The whole of sa is getting infected. Yes the population is generally younger but they're not all young. 20% of the population has hiv.

You can compare previous waves in the country to this one. In july 91% of their covid wards were full compared to 13% now in gauteng.

Surely its not age as a number that is important but where they are in comparable age life expectancy terms?

Surely its not age as a number that is important but where they are in comparable age life expectancy terms?

Maybe. Which is why i said compare this wave to previous waves in the country.

Finneys point was that it may effect the uk differently as we have different demographics etc... which is a very valid point. There are many variables.

Maybe. Which is why i said compare this wave to previous waves in the country.

Finneys point was that it may effect the uk differently as we have different demographics etc... which is a very valid point. There are many variables.

I wasn't replying to you per se, there's been a few posters talking about the age issue, ut was just because yours was the most recent.

Felt rough for 3 days, tested negative, woke up this morning feeling really brick and bingo a positive lateral flow test

Off to get a PCR test soon, really hope it’s just me who gets it as we had plans for next week, was off to Lapland UK so hoping the girls can still go

Hopefully the vaccines will prevent their hospitals being overloaded at least.

Hopefully the vaccines will prevent their hospitals being overloaded at least.

Sometimes you need to look at more than one set of data. Ask why they are in hospital in the first place. An example is south korea. Their case to hospitalisation rate is 10 times that of the uk. Doesn't mean they are getting any more severe illness.

https://english.hani.co.kr/arti/english_edition/e_national/1022880.html

Wow just watching sturgeons briefing.

Last week of november omicron counted for less than 1% of daily cases in scotland.
5th December that rose to 2%.
Tuesday it was 4%.
Wednesday 7%.
Today 15.5%.

Total daily cases have almost doubled since yesterday to over 5000.

Surely nobody is surprised when MPs don't follow the rules... did anyone honestly think they would not have parties etc?

Quite strange it is only coming out a year later, surely it would have been obvious to many, many people / staff / servants / organisers / media at the time?
I'd be more surprised to hear anyone was really following the rules.

How many here can honestly say they didn't see family and friends outside the rules? Or put out a few drinks for staff still in the office?

People have a really fudged up sense of what matters. Trap us in our on homes for months and everyone meekly shuffles back to their shotty little homes and cowers indoors. Needlessly spend billions of our money and they open their wallets to offer them more.

Having a Christmas party though. That's just beyond the line. Can't accept that.

Felt rough for 3 days, tested negative, woke up this morning feeling really brick and bingo a positive lateral flow test

Off to get a PCR test soon, really hope it’s just me who gets it as we had plans for next week, was off to Lapland UK so hoping the girls can still go
If they don't get a test, they don't get a positive result.

How many here can honestly say they didn't see family and friends outside the rules? Or put out a few drinks for staff still in the office?

People have a really fudged up sense of what matters. Trap us in our on homes for months and everyone meekly shuffles back to their shotty little homes and cowers indoors. Needlessly spend billions of our money and they open their wallets to offer them more.

Having a Christmas party though. That's just beyond the line. Can't accept that.

We didn't have access to our premises last Christmas (we only got back in at the start of January), so we just all went and took lots of wine into the woods with a portable stereo one afternoon. Really dignified for a group of 30 and 40 somethings, but did the job morale wise.

Is the answer. Unless you are specifically wanting to meet someone clinically vulnerable, why would you get one any more? I don't see the logic (when its everywhere and collective immunity will never be higher).

Met my mate in the pub yesterday, he'd just had one. I asked him what was the point? About 1 in 60 people are currently infected in the uk at the moment. There was about 30 people in the pub, said there's a 50% chance someone in here has it. During the day at least one or 2 would have come in infected. Breathing everywhere. Omicron the whole country is going to get it again by the looks of things. Isolating won't slow it down for those that bother.

Lets just get on with it. We get sick we get sick. We can't stop living though.

Having a Christmas party though. That's just beyond the line. Can't accept that
I don't get what you are saying here?

Back