• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Coronavirus

Same thing we heard this time last year from SAGE, while the PM told everyone to carry on as normal. Guess who was right?

We’ve got the vaccines this year - let’s hope they hold. It’s our only strategy, so we’re fudged if they don’t.
and a lot of them too 116m given !!

upload_2021-12-3_19-33-14.png

if we decide to shut the world to protect people who haven't had one, well that is their own choice (apart from those people who can't take it obviously) and it's time for those who have said no to take some self-responsibility

Not a single case of omicron in europe has been severe yet. Nigeria has had it since october. Their hospitals are not being overwhelmed.

It’s very difficult to make comparisons with African countries; their populations tend to be much younger. (Incidentally, SA doctors today reporting that they are beginning to see a surge in children being admitted to hospitals).

I’d be interested to see the link on Nigeria definitively having Omicron since October.

Cheers. I hadn’t seen that. You’d imagine the scientists must be all over Nigeria then. Surely it’s been circulating long enough there to come to some conclusions?

You'd think so. But no flight ban from nigeria. Even though japan, korea and the us have had cases originate there.

Same thing we heard this time last year from SAGE, while the PM told everyone to carry on as normal. Guess who was right?

We’ve got the vaccines this year - let’s hope they hold. It’s our only strategy, so we’re fudged if they don’t.

This is true however the world is proving as a whole that the search for balance is hard. Countries held up as examples of how to act are bang in trouble now, its just unfortunately a mad mad situation.

Conversely on your last point it might be the delay to lockdown at the start that saves us long term, lots of natural immunity out there along with Vaccine roll out, we are now doing ok in comparison.

Of course but as much as I don't agree with the entire tweet the idea worse case of lockdowns yearly is grim.

It certainly is.

Problem is, we’ve been running the NHS red hot for more than a decade. Throw a vaccine-resistant Covid variant into the mix and it would be really grim - and doesn’t leave much room for manoeuvre, other than some form of lockdown; unless the public are willing to put up with patients being treated (and sometimes dying) in hospital car parks.

The mood music from SA feels like it has shifted a bit in the last 24 hours. An uplift in children being hospitalised has been mentioned, and growing evidence of re-infection.

Let’s hope the less anecdotal data in a week or two tells a more positive story.

It certainly is.

Problem is, we’ve been running the NHS red hot for more than a decade. Throw a vaccine-resistant Covid variant into the mix and it would be really grim - and doesn’t leave much room for manoeuvre, other than some form of lockdown; unless the public are willing to put up with patients being treated (and sometimes dying) in hospital car parks.

The mood music from SA feels like it has shifted a bit in the last 24 hours. An uplift in children being hospitalised has been mentioned, and growing evidence of re-infection.

Let’s hope the less anecdotal data in a week or two tells a more positive story.

Does not bare thinking about

The problem, as it has been from the start, is the NHS. There is no slack.

There isn’t. But he is advocating the personal responsibility not to take unnecessary risks this winter. I was in A&E last Sunday with my Dad( he’s fine). A cold and icy day, there was a stream of motorcyclists coming in who I guess had come off during their weekend jaunts. My Dad was a suspected stroke (wasnt).

It was absolutely freezing in there too, I had to lay my woolly coat over my dad. When they went to discharge him his temperature was below 35c so they then had to incubate him.

And then I caught the fudging flu as I was sat in there in just a t shirt.

Stay in and stay warm lol.

Looking at the news today about the European response to Covid and the vaccines and TBH I do not know what to make of it all. There seems to be a narrative growing that feels like not having the vaccine has be criminalised which is uncomfortable for me. As the situation evolves I grow to think that rather than those people being a problem its more a case that those including myself, who have had two injections, who is about to have a third are taking a leap of faith in a certain direction. The fact we are having a third Jab in less than a year kind of proves that its a calculated punt especially as the situation is every evolving as proven with this new variant. In summary I feel that by having the vaccine I've taken a calculated risk thats by taking a trial drug thats needed so often is the right way to go, I think we are so far off being able to say to those that decide not to that they are the problem in my opinion, its a dangerous route for society to take in general

Looking at the news today about the European response to Covid and the vaccines and TBH I do not know what to make of it all. There seems to be a narrative growing that feels like not having the vaccine has be criminalised which is uncomfortable for me. As the situation evolves I grow to think that rather than those people being a problem its more a case that those including myself, who have had two injections, who is about to have a third are taking a leap of faith in a certain direction. The fact we are having a third Jab in less than a year kind of proves that its a calculated punt especially as the situation is every evolving as proven with this new variant. In summary I feel that by having the vaccine I've taken a calculated risk thats by taking a trial drug thats needed so often is the right way to go, I think we are so far off being able to say to those that decide not to that they are the problem in my opinion, its a dangerous route for society to take in general

And yet I would clearly say they are a problem - but mostly for themselves and their closest contacts so you know, you takes your chances.

Back