• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Coronavirus

Is anybody not actually a bit concerned about where this is heading and fast ??

It happened here with that ridiculous tier system. I had a friend who lived literally on the Sheffield-Derbyshire border. She could go left out of her house, but wasn't allowed to go right. And her car parking space was right/over the border, so she wasn't allowed to go to that.

When bureaucratic machines get involved, all common sense goes out the window.

Is anybody not actually a bit concerned about where this is heading and fast ??

Yeah it’s horrifying. Worth pointing out this is an Australian “Covid Camp” — if their system determines you have to go there then police turn up at your door and force you with no trial / appeal etc.

A lot of people at the camp have never tested positive, but are there for breaking covid rules. A common one is they are scanning vehicle number plates and if you live at the same address as a positive case then you go to the camp.

it’s unbelievable to me, and I can’t understand why a lot of people agree this is acceptable?

Yeah it’s horrifying. Worth pointing out this is an Australian “Covid Camp” — if their system determines you have to go there then police turn up at your door and force you with no trial / appeal etc.

A lot of people at the camp have never tested positive, but are there for breaking covid rules. A common one is they are scanning vehicle number plates and if you live at the same address as a positive case then you go to the camp.

it’s unbelievable to me, and I can’t understand why a lot of people agree this is acceptable?
You just don't see this type of thing in the western world !!
It's horrifying

It doesnt matter if it makes sense or not, it's the law.

It's much more highly infectious in this area.

He sounds like a total jobsworth tube.

They seem to have a very clever organisational structure so that everyone has minimal guilt/accountability.

Apparantly when the police knock on doors the first thing they say is “they are just doing their job”.

You just don't see this type of thing in the western world !!
It's horrifying

Germany also have covid camps, but they haven’t been trying to fill them with the same veracity. At the moment it’s just been a handful of people here and there - still bad though.

-

I guess we’re lucky that England seems more based around common sense, but still not nice seeing other parts of the world become so fascist.

They seem to have a very clever organisational structure so that everyone has minimal guilt/accountability.

Apparantly when the police knock on doors the first thing they say is “they are just doing their job”.

Germany also have covid camps, but they haven’t been trying to fill them with the same veracity. At the moment it’s just been a handful of people here and there - still bad though.

-

I guess we’re lucky that England seems more based around common sense, but still not nice seeing other parts of the world become so fascist.

The uk we never tried to stop it. Just flatten the curve so the nhs was not overwhelmed.

China officials went to a womans house (that had been hospitalised with covid) and beat her dog to death with clubs.

-

When they kick at your front door, how you gonna come?

So Switzerland introduced mandatory 10 day quarantining for all arrivals a couple of days ago and today they’ve reversed their decision. Negative test before departure and 4 days after arrival needed now.

imagine the vitriol had the UK done that, can already see Laura Kunnesberg sneering in to her report!! Plenty of countries are getting this wrong / winging it, there’s no play book for all this.

An Italian man who wanted a Covid vaccination certificate without getting the jab turned up for his vaccine with a fake arm, officials say.

The man, in his 50s, arrived for his shot with a silicone mould covering his real arm, hoping it would go unnoticed.

But a nurse was not fooled and the man has now been reported to the police.

The nurse told local media that when she had rolled up his sleeve, she found the skin "rubbery and cold" and the pigment "too light".

After being discovered, the man tried to persuade the nurse to turn a blind eye, la Repubblica reported. But instead she reported him to the police for fraud.

Local police are now investigating the incident in Biella, north-west Italy, and local officials have criticised the man's actions.

"The case borders on the ridiculous, if it were not for the fact we are talking about a gesture of enormous gravity," the head of the Piedmont regional government, Albert Cirio, said in a statement on Facebook.

He said the ploy was "unacceptable faced with the sacrifice that our entire community has paid during the pandemic, in terms of human lives, the social and economic cost".

La Repubblica suggests the incident may not have been a one-off, pointing to a message on social media that may have been written by the man.

The Twitter post quoted by the paper featured a silicone male chest half-body suit, complete with fake arms and neck, that was on sale on Amazon for €488 (£416).

"If I go with this, will they notice? Maybe beneath the silicone I'll even put on some extra clothes to avoid the needle reaching my real arm," the Twitter user reportedly wrote.

The incident comes ahead of a tightening of the rules in Italy for those who have not been vaccinated.

I stopped reading at here

Growing concern about the spread of the variant was reflected at the latest meeting of the Sage committee, details of which were released on Friday

Same thing we heard this time last year from SAGE, while the PM told everyone to carry on as normal. Guess who was right?

We’ve got the vaccines this year - let’s hope they hold. It’s our only strategy, so we’re fudged if they don’t.

Back