• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Coronavirus

My daughter tested positive yesterday and I've had a positive test result this morning :( ...all PCRs

Strangely the Mrs has come back negative.

So 10 days it is.

That's not uncommon at all. I know plenty of couples (including me) where one has had it and the other didn't get it. Women have stronger immune systems too (a child bearing evolutionary thing).

It could also be test accuracy. I also know a couple of people who had all the symptoms, in households where everyone else had it, but couldn't get a positive reading until their 4th or 5th test.

Hope its nice and mild for you anyway

I have an extremely short attention span, so I watched this guy on double speed. Whilst he has a nice jumper and impressive forehead wrinklage, I can't get on board with this idea of putting a bookcase in front of your kitchen. I mean, what is he thinking? Clearly that is a corridor/doorway, clearly there is a radiator on the right, yet he places a bookcase in the middle of the room.

Apart from that, he was convincing and says that Omicrom is nothing to worry about, might reduce vaccine effectiveness by 20%, might be 20% more transmissable but the booster will put paid to that, so chill out and don't be fearful.

It got me thinking about ZOE.
Who is she and what is that all about?
Wiki says
The idea for an app to track the spread of COVID-19 came from professor Tim Spector, an epidemiologist at King's College London. In the early months of 2020 he used his startup company ZOE Global Limited to build the Covid Symptom Tracker app in collaboration with King's College London and Guy's and St Thomas' hospitals.[2][3] Initially the project was UK-based, where there is open membership.[4] In the United States at a later date[when?] various cohorts from existing studies were added, including from the Nurses' Health Study; this research was in collaboration with Massachusetts General Hospital.[4] The project website states that "The app is and always will be free, and any data you provide will not be used for commercial purposes."[5]

At the end of April 2020, the project received assistance from the Department of Health and Social Care which allowed it to offer up to 10,000 COVID-19 tests each week to participants.[6]
In August 2020, the UK government made a grant of £2 million to support data collection by the project,[8][9] and by August 2021, government funding amounted to £5m.[10] In May 2021, the associated company name was changed from Zoe Global Limited to Zoe Limited.[11]

What does that really mean, will not be used for commerical purposes... and they get £5m from the government... is Tim Spector browsing yacht websites?

I have an extremely short attention span, so I watched this guy on double speed. Whilst he has a nice jumper and impressive forehead wrinklage, I can't get on board with this idea of putting a bookcase in front of your kitchen. I mean, what is he thinking? Clearly that is a corridor/doorway, clearly there is a radiator on the right, yet he places a bookcase in the middle of the room.

Apart from that, he was convincing and says that Omicrom is nothing to worry about, might reduce vaccine effectiveness by 20%, might be 20% more transmissable but the booster will put paid to that, so chill out and don't be fearful.

The droopy eyebrows did it for me.

It got me thinking about ZOE.
Who is she and what is that all about?
Wiki says
The idea for an app to track the spread of COVID-19 came from professor Tim Spector, an epidemiologist at King's College London. In the early months of 2020 he used his startup company ZOE Global Limited to build the Covid Symptom Tracker app in collaboration with King's College London and Guy's and St Thomas' hospitals.[2][3] Initially the project was UK-based, where there is open membership.[4] In the United States at a later date[when?] various cohorts from existing studies were added, including from the Nurses' Health Study; this research was in collaboration with Massachusetts General Hospital.[4] The project website states that "The app is and always will be free, and any data you provide will not be used for commercial purposes."[5]

At the end of April 2020, the project received assistance from the Department of Health and Social Care which allowed it to offer up to 10,000 COVID-19 tests each week to participants.[6]
In August 2020, the UK government made a grant of £2 million to support data collection by the project,[8][9] and by August 2021, government funding amounted to £5m.[10] In May 2021, the associated company name was changed from Zoe Global Limited to Zoe Limited.[11]

What does that really mean, will not be used for commerical purposes... and they get £5m from the government... is Tim Spector browsing yacht websites?

Basically they set up the best ap in the world for tracking covid. Within days. While the government spent huge amounts on one that didn't work.

Back