• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Coronavirus

Where do you live? I did mine and took my mum to do hers. Not including the 15 min wait afterwards. Only one was a wait of about 20 mins. The others was seen in about 5 mins.
Chelmsford
Pretty much no boosters there so I travelled 10 miles away where they had loads of appointments

Well that was a shambles
Had a booster appointment for 1.15pm, get there at 12.50pm with about 50 plus people in a queue in front of me
I went and asked the reception and said are these all appointments, nope walks in as well now so you will have to wait and it will be 90 minutes
Walked out and will re-book somewhere else tomorrow, ridiculous

That is ridiculous. When I had mine they had two queues, one for appointments, one for walk-ins. It can't be that hard to organise.

Chelmsford
Pretty much no boosters there so I travelled 10 miles away where they had loads of appointments

What about places near where you work? Any local chemists doing them? Mine i just walked in asked if they were doing them. She asked if i'd recieved a text. Showed her, she said i was next.

What about places near where you work? Any local chemists doing them? Mine i just walked in asked if they were doing them. She asked if i'd recieved a text. Showed her, she said i was next.
There is one but it's literally in the roughest part of town

There is one but it's literally in the roughest part of town

if you're travelling into London a couple of times a week, which I think you mentioned, you might be able to find somewhere in town that's more organised.
Or I believe there's a vaccination centre at Westfield, so on the way in or home (although I'd imagine that one might be busy).

Conflicting reports. Media are saying hospitalisations in sa have trebled. The doctor who discovered it was questioned about it, she didn't know what they were talking about. See the interview here.

So i thought i'd have a look at the site the interviewer said they got their information from. Yes they have trebled, in the last 15 weeks. The last 2 months they've been flat, slight rise. Ffs the media is so brick. Look for yourself. It doesn't even say it's covid. Might be like here a lot of backlog of other illnesses that are now getting treated.

https://www.nicd.ac.za/diseases-a-z...ts/daily-hospital-surveillance-datcov-report/

So confused about what's going on - so you can either wait to be invited for a booster or just walk up and get one? Sounds like an absolute cluster fudge.
The NHS website also still says 40+ only for boosters.

I thought you still had to have received the invitation in order to go for a walk-in? It's just for the convenience of being able to go when you want rather than making an appointment, but you need the text inviting you first. I think.

And although they are expanding the criteria for the booster to all adults, it is still being done by age priority (again, I think).

So confused about what's going on - so you can either wait to be invited for a booster or just walk up and get one? Sounds like an absolute cluster fudge.
The NHS website also still says 40+ only for boosters.

Some places have walk ins. They'd rather use all the shots rather than throw away unused ones. It was only if you had recieved a text to say you were eligible though. Now all adults are eligible it might have changed.

If the media ran stories about a billion people rising out of poverty, the context necessary to make sense of that would be wildly beyond possible. It would also make a mockery of the fact that the income gap is growing enormously, in the process leaving more people in deeper poverty than ever in the last 60 years or so.

I agree that media is infatuated with fear-based stories and taglines…

I think it’s ok to admit progress has been made. That doesn’t mean to say it’s mission accomplished, but things are undoubtedly better in terms of racial inequality, women’s rights, poverty, life expectancy etc. Most people can keep more than one idea in their head at the same time, but some don’t like to admit progress as they think it makes them morally superior to think everything has never been worse. Barack Obama said if you could choose to born in any era, you would choose today.

Wish they would just report the facts rather than gaslighting people.

There has been a small increase in one province but it was like 14% over the 2 weeks prior. The biggest rise in one city, which almost doubled on the 2 weeks prior. But that was from an average of 8 hospitalisations a day to 15. No increase in over 55s. Johannesburg actually saw a fall in hospitalisations.

It's still early days and it will be a couple of weeks before we can tell if it's mild and how vaccines protect against serious illness and deaths. But although omicron has a lot of mutations. They are not new. All of the mutations have been seen in other variants. Just omicron has them all.

Last edited:
There has been a small increase in one province but it was like 14% over the 2 weeks prior. The biggest rise in one city, which almost doubled on the 2 weeks prior. But that was from an average of 8 hospitalisations a day to 15. No increase in over 55s. Johannesburg actually saw a fall in hospitalisations.

It's still early days and it will be a couple of weeks before we can tell if it's mild and how vaccines protect against serious illness and deaths. But although omicron has a lot of mutations. They are not new. All of the mutations have been seen in other variants. Just omicron has them all.

I hadn't realised that. I read that it was a mixture and that some were totally new. But that was on the BBC website a few days ago, so maybe there's more of an understanding since then.

Back