• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Coronavirus

Blimey. They say 20 days but it will be well into the new year before that is lifted.

And they are mandating jabs.

They could get the number of patients in hospital down in 20 days. Get more people vaccinated and their boosters. But cases will still shoot up when they open again.
Going to be a tough winter.

It will be law to be vaccinated, starting in February. Why February i wonder.
It's really quite scary.

I suppose between now and then gives anyone currently unvaccinated sufficient time to get the full quota of jabs. If they did it now, or next month for example, they would just have a significant number of people immediately falling foul of a new law.

And yes, it is scary to see that step being taken.

They could get the number of patients in hospital down in 20 days. Get more people vaccinated and their boosters. But cases will still shoot up when they open again.
Going to be a tough winter.

They cannot open up into Christmas rush. It’s like us last year - escalating local lockdowns before the inevitable full lockdown in December that lasted til July.

Less of an issue when vaccines are working here and there is no new variant of concern in circulation in EU countries?

I have a strong view that we should close the borders in good time if there is ANY indication we might need to lockdown.

In my opinion failing to control flights exacerbated and lengthened our main lockdowns both last year and this year. We’ve failed to get a grip on this for whatever reason.

I suppose between now and then gives anyone currently unvaccinated sufficient time to get the full quota of jabs. If they did it now, or next month for example, they would just have a significant number of people immediately falling foul of a new law.

And yes, it is scary to see that step being taken.

30% of the population unvaccinated, two months to do that seems ambitious.

They cannot open up into Christmas rush. It’s like us last year - escalating local lockdowns before the inevitable full lockdown in December that lasted til July.

The reason we had restrictions till the date we did was that it was 2 weeks after all over 55s had been vaxxed. We also wanted the peak in cases before winter.

I agree with you that they'll have restrictions over winter. But it will be the austrian government that will decide what risk/hit they will be willing/able to take by opening up.
The vaxxes change the dynamic somewhat. This wave has by far been our biggest. But nowhere near on the terms of hospitalisations and deaths. Hospitalisations last jan were 4 times higher and deaths 5x.

30% of the population unvaccinated, two months to do that seems ambitious.

It does. Maybe they are hoping for a critical mass by then, or at least with one jab, and then either implement, or row back, depending on the circumstances. Will be interesting to follow how this pans out.

The reason we had restrictions till the date we did was that it was 2 weeks after all over 55s had been vaxxed. We also wanted the peak in cases before winter.

I agree with you that they'll have restrictions over winter. But it will be the austrian government that will decide what risk/hit they will be willing/able to take by opening up.
The vaxxes change the dynamic somewhat. This wave has by far been our biggest. But nowhere near on the terms of hospitalisations and deaths. Hospitalisations last jan were 4 times higher and deaths 5x.

Thank GHod. We will have an issue with stats again as many people die in winter and a proportion will have covid as a rider to their main condition.

Symptom study showing another slight uptick in the amount of daily cases to 68,265. Currently infected still falling as more recover than get ill to 981,724.

They deferred the final step though because of the delta wave as it had been going ahead of plan prior to that.

It will be law to be vaccinated, starting in February. Why February i wonder.
It's really quite scary.

I live here and it has to be done, only way to get the Hippies and the Nazi´s to get jabbed up, they have tried the carrot and now it´s time for the stick. They are the reason the numbers are so high here ,and I´m guessing most of Central Europe.
The far right party have organised 2 demonstrations tomorrow against the assault on their Human Rights, the absolute tools. Can´t see the lockdown lasting longer than the 20 days for the vaccinated guess it´ll depend on the Intensive care beds.

I live here and it has to be done, only way to get the Hippies and the Nazi´s to get jabbed up, they have tried the carrot and now it´s time for the stick. They are the reason the numbers are so high here ,and I´m guessing most of Central Europe.
The far right party have organised 2 demonstrations tomorrow against the assault on their Human Rights, the absolute tools. Can´t see the lockdown lasting longer than the 20 days for the vaccinated guess it´ll depend on the Intensive care beds.

Don't tell me the far right will be getting boats across the channel to claim asylum?

Back