• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Coronavirus

It may well be that the figures are wrong - but you'd imagine that 7,000 people in hospital, and 800 new admissions per day, must be causing the NHS very significant issues.

The 7000 figure has been stable for months though. So there's 800 discharges a day too.

It's also people in hospital who have Covid, not people who are in hospital because of Covid - i.e. it includes the 1000-2000 who are in having say toe surgery, who happen to test positive just because they are being tested because they are in hospital

The 7000 figure has been stable for months though. So there's 800 discharges a day too.

It's also people in hospital who have Covid, not people who are in hospital because of Covid - i.e. it includes the 1000-2000 who are in having say toe surgery, who happen to test positive just because they are being tested because they are in hospital

Phs did a report.
https://www.heraldscotland.com/news...r-covid-hospital-patients-not-admitted-virus/

Also many people going to a&e with covid is because they can't get a face to face with their gp. Many are discharged the same day.
https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/black-country/face-face-gp-appointments-must-21832028

Same as most countries death rates.

As prime minister he is level with Bliar. At least he has not taken us to war, yet.

Have you watched the BBC documentary Blair and Brown?
I was only 15/16 when Blair got in, so didn't know too much about his politics, so it was really interesting.
He is polar opposite to Johnson, especially in his first term.

That sounds perfectly plausible to me. Say last November 100,000 had been in and out of hospital with covid now that total is 1.4 million.

Because the beta and delta waves last winter/this spring dwarfed earlier waves.

Looking at germanys projections. They already have 15k in hospital. But are projected to have 40k by january. Thats as high as we were last jan (which was our peak). The new treatments should reduce deaths but i can see them going back into lockdown once the elections are sorted.

https://covid19.healthdata.org/germany?view=resource-use&tab=trend&resource=all_resources
Aren't they fully face mask and COVID passes restricted too ??
Shows how useless those restrictions are

Looking at germanys projections. They already have 15k in hospital. But are projected to have 40k by january. Thats as high as we were last jan (which was our peak). The new treatments should reduce deaths but i can see them going back into lockdown once the elections are sorted.

https://covid19.healthdata.org/germany?view=resource-use&tab=trend&resource=all_resources
That's 0.048% of population.
UK predicted at 0.035% of population (24k in Jan).

Larger populations are naturally going to have higher levels.
It will be interesting to see if they do lock down or not and what the trigger point is going past the acceptable level of risk.
Unfortunately there has to be an acceptable level of death within policy and as we are fully vaccinated now in most of the "developed" world, many older and more vulnerable people will just be a victim of the world with covid.
Makes you appreciate the fragility of life.

That's 0.048% of population.
UK predicted at 0.035% of population (24k in Jan).

Larger populations are naturally going to have higher levels.
It will be interesting to see if they do lock down or not and what the trigger point is going past the acceptable level of risk.
Unfortunately there has to be an acceptable level of death within policy and as we are fully vaccinated now in most of the "developed" world, many older and more vulnerable people will just be a victim of the world with covid.
Makes you appreciate the fragility of life.

Who's predicted us to have 24k in hospital this january?

I think if you change those words to unvaccinated and obese, that's more of an accurate scenario. I do appreciate there are one or two odd conditions like blood cancers which are real fudgers for vaccines not taking though.

But I also think exposure for the healthy beats hiding away, as its always going to come back - so it's best to battle it milder while collective antibody levels are at the highest they'll ever likely be.

We're still right up there when it comes to deaths per head of population.

And at least Blair did plenty of good before he began to think he was Jesus.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/1104709/coronavirus-deaths-worldwide-per-million-inhabitants/

Up where? Per capita 27th in most deaths. But we're 10th per capita in testing. Many countries don't test. Even germany charges for tests. What is it that trump said? You don't test you don't have cases.

We're not even on the link you posted.

We get it you don't like boris or tories. Fair enough neither do i.

Back