• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Coronavirus

Bully for you I know people who work in the civil service and people who were directly involved in the set up of test and vaccine centres. I don’t personally know any top people, but the junior ones I know like my wife and most of her colleagues are extremely hard working and only try to do the best job they can. As with any organisation there will be bad eggs. But to say it’s all rotten is ridiculous.
Honestly... I’ve worked with about 200 so far in 18 months
None are intentionally bad. As I say it works at the pace of its weakest links
They promote to the level of incompetence and then can’t get rid
I work with a guy who wants his ScS1... yet he doesn’t know his staff budget who his current external spend costs. And his junior staff don’t either. This is a team spending tax payers money (a constant comment of what they do). I see it regularly
It could be the depts I work in and with though...
I mean if the NHS were trying to do track and trace they wouldnt have had a clue either
But there are tech organisations who work with the government who could have. They can track anyone with a digital foot print quickly and accurately. Yet it was given to Dildo, some over paid consultants and a group of people who brick the bed

@Robspur12 i called out a few papers for their spin on stories last year and they brick a brick

one was the guardian (a paper that personally aligns with my political views) on the ventilator procurement... they suggested they were brought via an intermediary from Manchester, who had a turnover of around £120k. This would have been a £120m contract in a field where they had no expertise
The guardian didn’t like me highlighting some basic facts that knocked their story
Hey ... the PPE procurement was shocking and I believe some people will end up in court over it (check out the Good Law Project)
But I stand by my knowledge and experience of the civil service as a fat, bloated group of people creating jobs for jobs sake and working to the lowest common level of their knowledge

From the wife's time in the prison service(she is a therapist) she tells me when she has had dealing with the civil service that her views are very similar to your own. I really dont know what the answer would be, because covid has taught us that we have to trust and have good public health officials.

Btw @Bedfordspurs, I think PHE have been a big part of the debacle and do need to learn plenty of lessons from this brick show. They have underestimated the virus from the beginning and have tried to shift responsibilities on other agencies.

I am sure there are bad people but it is not a reasonable argument that industry does everything better than public sector. Both have had the hands in the successes such as the vaccine programme and both in the failures.
I don’t disagree
I never said that did I? I’d I did I was wrong
What I thought I said was experts do experts jobs
You go to the people with the expertise
PPE procurement... you go to the big construction companies who spend more on it than anyone and ask for help

data tracking... I’d ask Tesco’s. Their club card system had more data on anyone and was run by a small team in Dundee. Imagine what they could have helped with?

Moving stuff around the UK... XPO or Kuhn and Nagel... they do it all the time

Bring in the brains we have
It’s why the the vaccine programme has worked... no one is quoting we just use PCR regs to buy it... we must go through scrutiny... we must have a review not and Outletter...

Btw @Bedfordspurs, I think PHE have been a big part of the debacle and do need to learn plenty of lessons from this brick show. They have underestimated the virus from the beginning and have tried to shift responsibilities on other agencies.
It’s because they didn’t know what to do
We’re a country of brains not brawn and that’s clear again with the vaccine development
We’re leaders in a lot of niche things
And we’re also well versed in silly things like getting around, queuing, admin and process
There all very “British”
All we needed was someone to do the right thing and think differently
In being really billigenrant and I apologise but I’m literally getting paid very good money to rock the boat in my area of government because I have come from industry and I think “laterally”
The civil service needs more and more of that
The issue of course is we cost ££
And you can’t go to the tax payers alliance and go on paying him £100k as he is better than 2 £50k guys in value to the organisation
So the public sector ends up with a lot of people who literally are stuck. They can’t afford to leave as they can’t get jobs outside of it and with their lack of experience outside abs they can’t be exited for failing (its not the individuals fault)

I don’t disagree
I never said that did I? I’d I did I was wrong
What I thought I said was experts do experts jobs
You go to the people with the expertise
PPE procurement... you go to the big construction companies who spend more on it than anyone and ask for help

data tracking... I’d ask Tesco’s. Their club card system had more data on anyone and was run by a small team in Dundee. Imagine what they could have helped with?

Moving stuff around the UK... XPO or Kuhn and Nagel... they do it all the time

Bring in the brains we have
It’s why the the vaccine programme has worked... no one is quoting we just use PCR regs to buy it... we must go through scrutiny... we must have a review not and Outletter...
Is that not why they get the likes of Deloitte in though?

Is that not why they get the likes of Deloitte in though?
No they get Deloittes in or PA or Other big 4s to tell them what they already know and put it in a Slide deck. I saw it first hand I promise. I was in PAs offices in Victoria last year a lot and saw what they were doing
I met some of the Deloittes guys ... their car salesmen with degrees form fancy Uni’s or hipsters
I asked one guy how much a m3 of concrete was in the current market (we err taking about building new test centres). He called an analyst who sent me a range of prices with caveats galore but no detail. It took me 1 linked in post and I had about 30 people respond with a range of prices, options, designs etc... I was roughly right on an average cost. And I hadn’t brought concrete for about 15 years
You can’t even do that as a civil servant as it’s classed as unfair
I am not defending the consultants I promise. Their all very polished and work long hours but there just not very good in the areas their being asked to work in

My wife works for the NHS as a band 8 leading a team
She has 2 normal degrees and a masters degree. She is the most qualified person I know
This week I’ve been showing her to create a spreadsheet and how to use shapes in power point slides. She is an expert in her field (mental health) and had a team of 23 staff.
she has never been taught about budgets, leadership or basic management.
I have seen it a lot in the NHS and it’s a big problem on that side.
It scares me when I see the stuff she has to deal with daily and nightly currently due to the volumes.
It’s a pubLic sector thing I guess i see rather than a civil service thing
Historically I got turned down for jobs in the sector as I hadn’t worked in it. Yet I had a mega budget abs had run international projects. I got in because I had clearances that were needed off the back of a private sector client and I really, really want to help change it

Is being a 'noted Covid sceptic' a badge of honour in the world of muppets like Ian Brown?

Ian Brown pulls out of music festival over Covid vaccination row

Brown, a noted Covid sceptic, has withdrawn from the Neighbourhood Weekender festival in Warrington in September

2323.jpg

‘I refuse to accept vaccination proof as condition of entry’ … Ian Brown performing with the Stone Roses in Dublin in 2016. Photograph: Kieran Frost/Redferns

Ian Brown has pulled out of headlining the Neighbourhood Weekender festival in Warrington this September after claiming that all attendees require proof of vaccination.

Brown is a noted Covid sceptic, frequently using his Twitter account to spread disinformation about the virus and protections against it. “I refuse to accept vaccination proof as condition of entry,” he tweeted yesterday.

Promoter SJM Concerts said that it would “comply with the conditions outlined by the government through the local authority. No decisions will be taken by government until 21 June at the earliest.”

Brown previously appealed to festival promoters on Twitter asking them not to work with Sage and the government on vaccine passports, describing the situation as “the new nazi normal”.

Festival organisers recently told the Guardian that social distancing would be impossible at large-scale events. They would comply with suggested measures, whether rapid testing or vaccine passports.

The government has wavered on whether it will enforce vaccine passports. The vaccine minister, Nadhim Zahawi, called them “discriminatory”, but foreign secretary Dominic Raab has said that they are “under consideration”.

UK festivals have reported a sales spike since the government announced the roadmap out of lockdown last week, but organisers remain concerned about the possibility of last-minute cancellations owing to resurgences of the virus, particularly in the absence of a government-backed insurance scheme for live music events.

The government has been resistant to providing such a scheme. The spring budget added £300m investment to the £1.57bn culture recovery fund and saw the extension of the £500m insurance scheme protecting film and TV productions in the UK against the cost of Covid shutdowns until the end of the year.

Is being a 'noted Covid sceptic' a badge of honour in the world of muppets like Ian Brown?

2323.jpg

‘I refuse to accept vaccination proof as condition of entry’ … Ian Brown performing with the Stone Roses in Dublin in 2016. Photograph: Kieran Frost/Redferns

Ian Brown has pulled out of headlining the Neighbourhood Weekender festival in Warrington this September after claiming that all attendees require proof of vaccination.

Brown is a noted Covid sceptic, frequently using his Twitter account to spread disinformation about the virus and protections against it. “I refuse to accept vaccination proof as condition of entry,” he tweeted yesterday.

Promoter SJM Concerts said that it would “comply with the conditions outlined by the government through the local authority. No decisions will be taken by government until 21 June at the earliest.”

Brown previously appealed to festival promoters on Twitter asking them not to work with Sage and the government on vaccine passports, describing the situation as “the new nazi normal”.

Festival organisers recently told the Guardian that social distancing would be impossible at large-scale events. They would comply with suggested measures, whether rapid testing or vaccine passports.

The government has wavered on whether it will enforce vaccine passports. The vaccine minister, Nadhim Zahawi, called them “discriminatory”, but foreign secretary Dominic Raab has said that they are “under consideration”.

UK festivals have reported a sales spike since the government announced the roadmap out of lockdown last week, but organisers remain concerned about the possibility of last-minute cancellations owing to resurgences of the virus, particularly in the absence of a government-backed insurance scheme for live music events.

The government has been resistant to providing such a scheme. The spring budget added £300m investment to the £1.57bn culture recovery fund and saw the extension of the £500m insurance scheme protecting film and TV productions in the UK against the cost of Covid shutdowns until the end of the year.

I think his fringe tells you everything you need to know about his mental state.

Let’s face it, he hasn’t produced or said anything of worth since 1990. Best ignored.

Ian Brown pulls out of music festival over Covid vaccination row

Brown, a noted Covid sceptic, has withdrawn from the Neighbourhood Weekender festival in Warrington in September

2323.jpg

He's got the F.E.A.R.

Back