• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Coronavirus

Scotland into full lockdown as of midnight. Northern Ireland in full lockdown for another five weeks. Wales saying they will stay in lockdown until the end of January and then review.

Wonder what makes England so different?
I think England will follow suit.

Scotland into full lockdown as of midnight. Northern Ireland in full lockdown for another five weeks. Wales saying they will stay in lockdown until the end of January and then review.

We're paying for it.

So the leaks are starting :

But if Tier 4 isn't working, there must be more than putting the whole country into Tier 4? (and closing schools)?
I guess more will be leaked between now and 8pm, as decisions get made on the hoof.
Currently reading what Scotland have done and deciding how far they will go to look responsible, but not not look Scottish.
This is a govt that I think still has a hard on for letting it rip and hoping for herd immunity.

English exceptionalism old bean, stiff upper lip, blitz spirit so on and so forth.

wasn't sure whether to post this in here or the Politics thread as they're intertwined. we built those nightingale hospitals. Only problem is we have no staff to work there.

I'm not an expert on why, but the Royal College of Nursing published a study on massive drops in nursing from the EU. Another bonus for us.

The latest statistics from the NMC show that in 2018/19, only 885 EU nurses and midwives joined the register which is a 90% fall in new EU registrations to the NMC since 2016.Added to this, is the numbers of established EU nurses leaving the UK altogether. Since 2016/17, over 13,000 established EU nurses have left the register compared to just over 4,000 who left in the two years preceding this.

wasn't sure whether to post this in here or the Politics thread as they're intertwined. we built those nightingale hospitals. Only problem is we have no staff to work there.

I'm not an expert on why, but the Royal College of Nursing published a study on massive drops in nursing from the EU. Another bonus for us.

The latest statistics from the NMC show that in 2018/19, only 885 EU nurses and midwives joined the register which is a 90% fall in new EU registrations to the NMC since 2016.Added to this, is the numbers of established EU nurses leaving the UK altogether. Since 2016/17, over 13,000 established EU nurses have left the register compared to just over 4,000 who left in the two years preceding this.
Well we're opening the nightingales - currently doing clinical ops prep at Excel. (I know the person leading it)

Apparently it's the hospitalised but not really serious patients that will go there (Excel). So that suggests it's is lower staff:patient ratio to keep people going whilst their body fights.

Actually one of the bigger issues we had was that the EU made it harder and harder for us to employ qualified people from our previous colonies who did things such as nursing and medical roles qualified to our UK standards of education
Hence why the more recent push into EU staff
I should add that was an explanation given to me by our neighbours who are both drs and a first generation indian couple

Back