• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Coronavirus

Is she five days with symptoms? Being sent home is definitely a positive sign.
Is she five days with symptoms? Being sent home is definitely a positive sign.
6 days with symptoms I think, maybe 7.
Her symptoms are very mild, almost non existent, from the lack of oxygen - it's definitely a mild dose of covid, but she appx 70% lung capacity anyway.
Fingers crossed.

6 days with symptoms I think, maybe 7.
Her symptoms are very mild, almost non existent, from the lack of oxygen - it's definitely a mild dose of covid, but she appx 70% lung capacity anyway.
Fingers crossed.

I think day 10 is where in tends to get worse, if it is going to

I think day 10 is where in tends to get worse, if it is going to

But more likely it won’t. Let’s not freak people out. Mercifully for most people this virus is not profound. Which causes it to be spread widely.

I have lots of questions:

1. Can you catch Covid 2 if you had Covid 1? My suspicion is yes. Maybe someone knows?

2. Is viral load important when contracting the virus?

There was a study that showed it was. But this will not be the only variable as to why some get it bad while others hardly notice. There has to be some either part immunity due to a cold you might have had once (another strain of Covid), or a genetic disposition; which affect you as well as the viral load. If viral load - the amount of virus you’re exposed to when contracting the virus - does affect how hard you get Covid, clearly it would be best to have a light dose, which could act somewhat like a jab. Whereby you don’t get Covid too intensely but you build immunity. However, viral load could not make a difference at all. We don’t really know.

I’m not sure but I felt like I had Covid in spring and had something very mild just before Christmas. Both times i was able to function fine, just a few instances of feeling hot, a headache some fatigue but really not much else. But I wasn’t tested and I don’t know for sure.

Still it is important to (and I hate to say this) see things from Scaras perspective, most healthy people will not experience severe consequences. If those at greater risk can isolate until vaccinated, we will be in a much better place; and I think that will be relatively soon. By spring time.

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

But more likely it won’t. Let’s not freak people out. Mercifully for most people this virus is not profound. Which causes it to be spread widely.

You're right that most people won't and that already having hospital care reduces any risk.

I have lots of questions:

1. Can you catch Covid 2 if you had Covid 1? My suspicion is yes. Maybe someone knows?

2. Is viral load important when contracting the virus?

1. Probably. There isn't much evidence of catching Covid giving you long term immunity. Regardless of variant, you can probably catch it again.

2. Yes. Which is why it is important to avoid crowded and poorly ventilated places.

1. Probably. There isn't much evidence of catching Covid giving you long term immunity. Regardless of variant, you can probably catch it again.

2. Yes. Which is why it is important to avoid crowded and poorly ventilated places.

And I suspect sneezing is the most potent spreader. Again no scientific evidence for this.

But I suspect getting people not to sneeze openly into the air, but either hold/ choke the sneeze through the nose or trap it in a tissue, would help.

‘Catch it and bin it’ used to be the NHS message but we’ve not really heard this have we during this pandemic?

What makes you say that?

I've seen nothing to suggest that's the case or heard from anyone who expects it to act in a manner as inconsistent with all other similar viruses.

I have a sneaking suspicion those lazy, militant union clams are up to something.

In the last hour I've heard from four friends whose kids are all in different schools in different towns that their schools are going against the very clear govt instructions and shutting for two weeks as of tomorrow. All citing concerns raised by staff about their safety.

Wouldn't surprise me at all to hear this was a concerted effort by the unions to try and undermine the govt.

I have a sneaking suspicion those lazy, militant union clams are up to something.

In the last hour I've heard from four friends whose kids are all in different schools in different towns that their schools are going against the very clear govt instructions and shutting for two weeks as of tomorrow. All citing concerns raised by staff about their safety.

Wouldn't surprise me at all to hear this was a concerted effort by the unions to try and undermine the govt.

you don't have to make any effort to undermine this government, just repeat something Johnson actually said

All of the teaching unions advised their members yesterday that it was presently unsafe to go into schools which are opened fully.

That other left wing firebrand Jeremy Hunt was also saying today that it was unsafe.

I hadn't seen that official release statement, thought I'd read there was more in the trial elsewhere but looks like those results aren't out yet so in summay I was wrong.

We’re averaging 50,000+ cases a day (with a 47.6% increase in positive test numbers over the last seven days). Death rates were 24.5% up over the last seven days. Hospitals are struggling to cope, with admissions up 19.7% in the last week.

I’m interested to know under which circumstances you would feel another lockdown would be justified.
Really? You think there should be a national lockdown even when some of the country doesn't have the rates to justify it?

I think most if not all of London, South East and east of England should go into a tier 5 (as I laid out) and then see where we are in 10-12 days.

All of the teaching unions advised their members yesterday that it was presently unsafe to go into schools which are opened fully.

That other left wing firebrand Jeremy Hunt was also saying today that it was unsafe.
NASUWT didn't - as they're not a political group of trots disguising themselves as a group of teachers.

Edit: Missed out calling them lazy, workshy clams - along with all that support them.

Hugely worrying if true, this guy been brilliant on all things covid related.

Increases in children being admitted to hospital in line with new strain. Not sure the date gives specific reasoning so more to unpick but scary thought:

I follow him. He is a tad hyperbolic and always gives worst case scenarios. I don't find him to be objective personally.

the numbers are crazy again, I think another national lockdown is inevitable to help the NHS get back on top of things

I'm sure the government will play politics for another fortnight though before suddenly declaring it necessary

we need to do something to scare people straight, I'm in a tier 4 area and people just aren't taking it seriously

I have 2 siblings in academia. One happens to be clinically vulnerable and is relieved at the closure as it means she doesn't catch a potentially deadly disease. The other is leadership and I can assure you setting up remote learning and keeping open for key worker and vulnerable kids is a lot more work than opening as normal. This is driven by concerns of safety for the majority. The unions are doing their job I guess but the teachers do not deserve criticism here.

Back