• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Coronavirus

What I will say, is based on what i'm seeing, the lockdown should not be ending plain and simple on 2nd Dec.

It could probably end before Xmas still, but based on current death and infection rate, has the last month really 'saved' Christmas? Given 600 deaths yesterday, and still a high proportion of R rate and infection rate, it feels this lockdown needs to run until middle of December at least to really enable a Christmas get together?

Unfortunately, infighting within the Tory ranks costs this country again, and in 2024 we'll simply vote them back in for more.

Edit (from BBC looking at what Germany are doing):

Germany, with plans to allow two households with a maximum of five people aged over 14 to celebrate Christmas together. But Germany's daily death toll has hit a new high of 410 in the past 24 hours.

I think (not checked) Germany has a lower R rate and lower infection rate and lower death rate than the UK, yet are still being more conservative on Christmas rules. Gonna be a free for all here, imagine Christmas Eve 'Meals' in the pub? All that's going to happen is this will be uncontrollable through the first 3 months of next year too.

Tuesday has a lag and there wasn’t 600 deaths yesterday -

2E3ED167-2356-4896-8E02-F36E836EFF88.jpeg

Sage admitted yesterday as well the tier system was working - cases coming down, the lockdown wouldn’t have had full affect of the stats yet.

I still don’t get the hate on the pubs, at no point have they been close to the top 3 places that spread it

Care Homes/Hospitals have been the largest infection areas.

What I will say, is based on what i'm seeing, the lockdown should not be ending plain and simple on 2nd Dec.

It could probably end before Xmas still, but based on current death and infection rate, has the last month really 'saved' Christmas? Given 600 deaths yesterday, and still a high proportion of R rate and infection rate, it feels this lockdown needs to run until middle of December at least to really enable a Christmas get together?

Unfortunately, infighting within the Tory ranks costs this country again, and in 2024 we'll simply vote them back in for more.

Germany, with plans to allow two households with a maximum of five people aged over 14 to celebrate Christmas together. But Germany's daily death toll has hit a new high of 410 in the past 24 hours.

I think (not checked) Germany has a lower R rate and lower infection rate and lower death rate than the UK, yet are still being more conservative on Christmas rules. Gonna be a free for all here, imagine Christmas Eve 'Meals' in the pub? All that's going to happen is this will be uncontrollable through the first 3 months of next year too.

But people have to have what they want. And they have to have it now.

It has to end on the 2nd, there's no alternative.

I have a haircut booked for the 4th and golf on the 5th. I have friends coming over to celebrate one of their birthdays on the 5th too.

I still don’t get the hate on the pubs, at no point have they been close to the top 3 places that spread it. Care Homes/Hospitals have been the largest infection areas.
I wonder how they measure such a thing? Surely the way they "count" at hospitals and care homes, coupled with the extremely weak nature of clientele, tripled with the fact they count all deaths as COVID... makes me suspicious.

Much like the Reuters article above, it is impossible to compare nations IF they are counting differently. But I know we've done all that 10 times in this thread already, round and round and round.

We'll only truly know when we look back at 'excess deaths' in 5 years' time, the true impact of each nation's actions (including those dying from cancer not screened early etc).

Last edited:
I’m not sure how three different households cramming together to eat Christmas dinner saves any jobs. On the contrary, it’s more than likely to mean an extended period of lockdown in January once the virus spreads in perfect conditions.

The post you quoted was saying lockdown shouldn’t be ending

Lockdown is here till March via Tiers, no matter what happens over Christmas, which will wipe out hospitality - so the threat of more lockdown isnt there.

5 days of “freedom” won’t cause mass death, it didn’t when the beaches opened/Riots/pubs opened either, unless they decide not to shield people again.

People have personal choice, if you don’t want to take part you can stay in, don’t have to wait for the Gov to tell you what to do.

Then when this is over you can enjoy the increase tax/cut in public services.

Last edited:
Govt has just published a site where you can postcode check to see what Tier you're in, link here

Like most things with this government, website currently down. BRA-fudging-VO.

We understand from the government postcode look-up tool that tier-three areas will include: Manchester, Hull, Saudi Sportswashing Machine, Nottingham, Birmingham, Wolverhampton and Kent.

lot of infighting in Tory ranks (surprising i know) around London.

For example, Camden has a fairly low rate (~130) whereas Havering is super high (~340), so they're getting annoyed being lumped into one.

Here's the banter though. Manchester in Tier 3 at ~240 per 100k which is higher than Havering (340 above) in Tier 2.

lot of infighting in Tory ranks (surprising i know) around London.

For example, Camden has a fairly low rate (~130) whereas Havering is super high (~340), so they're getting annoyed being lumped into one.

Here's the banter though. Manchester in Tier 3 at ~240 per 100k which is higher than Havering (340 above) in Tier 2.

Edit: nearly all of Essex is Tier 2 with same numbers as Manchester. Quite clear Govt punishing Burnham in Manc but not their Tory MPs in Essex and London areas.

Edit: nearly all of Essex is Tier 2 with same numbers as Manchester. Quite clear Govt punishing Burnham in Manc but not their Tory MPs in Essex and London areas.

I think whatever the numbers Andy Burnham was always going to get punished for trying to get a better deal for his residents and businesses.
Essex is a bit like London. Some areas with high numbers - think it's around 270 per 100k where I am, but others are under 100 per 100k.

Back