• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Coronavirus

Had a convo with the store manager today at Asda and he claims that if we go into full lockdown again they will be asking for money from the gov to stay open - he claims all the main super markets are in on it - danger money I guess

seems realistic and Unrealistic

The only thing we have gained from this virus is a set of PR terms that no one has ever heard of before. I bet someone was paid 25k somewhere to come up with Circuit Breaker

I noticed Wales are doing some passive-aggressive brick by refusing to use that term, but calling the Welsh one a "Fire Breaker" instead :)

I like the idea that keeps going back-and-forth with each region of the UK using more and more ridiculous terms.

Last edited:
Apparently if you have a positive test but are fine but say slip in bathroom and get admitted to hospital they mark that as Covid admissions.

According to someone on LBC so may need confirming.

Also said if you die of heart attack within 28 days of a positive test then you are registered covid. Surely that's not correct?

The official statistics declare "deaths within 28 days of a positive test" so the second part is certainly accurate.

For hospital admissions: well there's only been 383 in the whole of London last week, so whichever way you dice it that's basically zero. (Theoretically we could literally survey them all what they are in for, but then that data might be accurate)

Had a convo with the store manager today at Asda and he claims that if we go into full lockdown again they will be asking for money from the gov to stay open - he claims all the main super markets are in on it - danger money I guess

seems realistic and Unrealistic

TBH I kind of get it, they are being expected to remain open as essential work but to what risk to their staff when other establishments are deemed to dangerous to remain open.

And before people say, I also believe the same for other essential workforce

The official statistics declare "deaths within 28 days of a positive test" so the second part is certainly accurate.

Surely then we are trending on a different trajectory than reported if non Covid deaths are being recorded as covid

Surely then we are trending on a different trajectory than reported if non Covid deaths are being recorded as covid

Yes. If counting deaths where the person "definitely died from covid" then the angle of ascent would be lower.

There is a government document that says there have been only 9,000 deaths where Covid was the only factor. So in that case the numbers have been lower all along.. will try to find the URL.

Giving the benefit of the doubt I personally hope it's a case of scaremongering to make sure it's eradicated, but maybe I'm naive.

So major increase in spread is Uni students funnily enough based on hotspots and despite claims of London hospitals close to breaking point its far from the case.

Front line Drs who face actual patients are starting to come out more and more about concerns to patient welfare due to potential restrictions which is a better counter to scientist advice rather than pitting them against economists advise as people just see life v money when its actually life v life

Yes. If counting deaths where the person "definitely died from covid" then the angle of ascent would be lower.

There is a government document that says there have been only 9,000 deaths where Covid was the only factor. So in that case the numbers have been lower all along.. will try to find the URL.

Giving the benefit of the doubt I personally hope it's a case of scaremongering to make sure it's eradicated, but maybe I'm naive.

There are a fair few Drs that are saying this is the Government doing that and doubling down on fact track and trace has cost 1bn and has to be seen to work. This gives them daylight

So major increase in spread is Uni students funnily enough based on hotspots and despite claims of London hospitals close to breaking point its far from the case.

Front line Drs who face actual patients are starting to come out more and more about concerns to patient welfare due to potential restrictions which is a better counter to scientist advice rather than pitting them against economists advise as people just see life v money when its actually life v life

the biggest shock of this is they managed to find a doctor doing face to face

I don't disagree. The circuit breaker won't be 2 weeks. It will be through Xmas and will devastate many families. I don't have an answer for the best way out.

The fact the government are locking down again after furlough ending Oct meant that was recovery plan A which has failed obviously. So for us to sandwich the year with lockdown i think we can all at least agree this is a fudge up extrodinaire

I don't disagree. The circuit breaker won't be 2 weeks. It will be through Xmas and will devastate many families. I don't have an answer for the best way out.

the circuit breaker has gone from a quick 14 day thing

today I’ve heard interviews with MPs on all sides, not one has said 14 days and it’s varied from 3 weeks to every school holiday

Tim Farron was interviewed earlier and he started with 14 days - by the end of it he was at 6 weeks min.

They have no idea how to get out of a lockdown and all we are doing now is killing more people and making people jobless.

anyone that suggests a circuit breaker should just be ignored.

Back