• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Coronavirus

Them advising against lockdowns wasn’t !

haha exactly, their interviews with Neil and the Spectator have been fun.

They are backtracking on a while host of their advice they gave earlier.

If I am honest I think WHO and their performance in all this, considering many nations rely on them as a resource for advice they have given as much shody advice as our government and they are the world experts on health. Where people have done well in their own fights is ignoring them and doing their own thing and doing it to their best ability. Thats where I feel the UK has failed, taken too much advice from too many experts and it has resulted in the pandemic version of the hokey cokey. WHO proven that with their contradiction of advice.

Lets not forget this was an organisaton that championed and backed the original idea from China that the virus was not able to transmit between humans that allowed this to go out of control in the first place

haha exactly, their interviews with Neil and the Spectator have been fun.

They are backtracking on a while host of their advice they gave earlier.

If I am honest I think WHO and their performance in all this, considering many nations rely on them as a resource for advice they have given as much shody advice as our government and they are the world experts on health. Where people have done well in their own fights is ignoring them and doing their own thing and doing it to their best ability. Thats where I feel the UK has failed, taken too much advice from too many experts and it has resulted in the pandemic version of the hokey cokey. WHO proven that with their contradiction of advice.

Lets not forget this was an organisaton that championed and backed the original idea from China that the virus was not able to transmit between humans that allowed this to go out of control in the first place

To be fair to the who the advice has never been lockdowns or masks for the well.

but we are seeing a serious amount of back tracking

Publishing a peer reviewed paper doesn't made said peer review correct or accepted.

No of course not, nor do unproven theories thrown out by scientists all over the globe that are based on potential worse case scenarios. We have seen many on here since the first post, I took a trawl through earlier and there were all kinds of weird and wonderful links from experts many which contradict the other.

Publishing a peer reviewed paper doesn't made said peer review correct or accepted.
I don’t get it, what actually have the WHO done here with this paper? Are they authorizing it saying it’s now their belief? Or is it something they do all the time, publish peer review papers that they might not agree with or endorse?

just trying to understand what the heck’s going on because on the face of it, the head line “corona virus is being downgraded below the flu” is pretty important I’d say?

I don’t get it, what actually have the WHO done here with this paper? Are they authorizing it saying it’s now their belief? Or is it something they do all the time, publish peer review papers that they might not agree with or endorse?

just trying to understand what the heck’s going on because on the face of it, the head line “corona virus is being downgraded below the flu” is pretty important I’d say?

They regular publish papers written by people within their circle for want of a better term.

Dr Sam Everington from Tower Hamlets on ITV News is on the right track. Coming out of lockdown was not the problem people letting slip of the same standards, keeping distance, sanitizing hands, washing hands which are messages that he says have been lost in the noise. He gave the example of walking into your super market and seeing it from the perspective of how people acted during a lockdown with their distance etc and now which should by right be the same, people should be keeping distances and doing all those things still but they are not. And that is the crux, people can get on with their lives if they do it in a sensible manner

An end of lockdown did not mean an end to acting within the guidelines which seems to have happened in high numbers.

Last edited:
I thought that, but then reading the Gov info, it reads to me that you can still meet in a pub garden outdoors with people you don't live with?

Venues following COVID-secure guidance can host more people in total, but no one must mix indoors with anyone who they do not live with (or have formed a support bubble with) unless exemptions apply. Outdoors, you can meet in groups of up to 6 people.

This includes in:

• pubs and restaurants
  • shops
  • leisure and entertainment venues

• places of worship

I might be wrong, surprisingly the new tier ranking (probably world beating) isn't very clear cut. Probably by design than accident.

Ah right that might be useful I didn’t see any caveats on the digest I read. Cheers that is really useful.

A peer reviewed paper isn't necessarily something there is scientific consensus on.

Rona being less lethal than Flu which we have a vaccine for is great. But we don't have a vaccine for Rona.

Will we ever be able to know who has already had it? I heard someone say that the antibodies don't hang around for that long so the tests don't work well? Is that true?

Back