• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Coronavirus

They're not voluntary, they are mandatory and you can be fined for not wearing a mask or for not quarantining.
Of course that's only effective with a) the requisite level of resources for enforcement (i.e. resources that can actually take enforcement measures, not toothless covid monitors) and b) the will of the authorities to take an enforcement approach in the first place.
Both seem to be lacking.
Illegal and enforced by fine = legal for a price.

My plan would be as follows:

1.Stop air travel in to the uk, Until a test can be delivered within the hour. And then before anyone leaves the airport.

Then introduce a strict 3 week lovkdown with the following rules.

1. Make everyone download and use the app (assuming they can get it working). Block their phone if the app is not installed and turned on. Anyone walking around without a phone with an active ap should be fined for the first offense and arrested for the second. No App or mask no entry into shops.
2.anyone walking around without mask should be fined for the first offense and arrested for the second.
3. Put the army on the streets to enforce the lock down.
4. All staff in to care homes and hospitals have to go through the 1 hour test before they start their shift.
This would be the same for all essential workers in any environment (supermarkets etc)
5. All non emergency hospital visits will go through a 1 hour test, remotely before they get their pass to visit the hospital.
6. All patients in the hospital will be tested daily.
7. All people that have the Coronavirus that are not ill (and in hospital) have to be put in enforced quarantine, in CV secure hotels (not may visitors in them now anyway).
8. In the lead up to the tight lock down advertise it Encourage people to buy the essentials to last 3 weeks so they won't have to go out. Work with amazon and other logistics companies to make sure this is possible. Work with age concern and other charities to make sure that as few people as possible slip through the cracks.
9. Going out for excersize should be monitored by the app In terms of time and proximity to people.

I understand these are very harsh restrictions, but it is for 3 weeks to starve the virus, the key to it is the test within the hour. You can then re open the economy but keep the app and mask restrictions. And expand the 1 hour testing

What test is there that returns results in 1 hour thats reliable, can be used at that scale and doesn't rely on a lab to process the results (I did see some test they do with paper in India that sounded promising but still needed a lab but with more regular machines to analyse it)? And whats the plan for the economy during those 3 weeks?

On the radio yesterday someone called in from NZ and said during their lockdown if you were caught out driving 3 times your car was taken away and crushed. Not heard that before - can only imagine the reaction if that was imposed here?

What test is there that returns results in 1 hour thats reliable, can be used at that scale and doesn't rely on a lab to process the results (I did see some test they do with paper in India that sounded promising but still needed a lab but with more regular machines to analyse it)? And whats the plan for the economy during those 3 weeks?

On the radio yesterday someone called in from NZ and said during their lockdown if you were caught out driving 3 times your car was taken away and crushed. Not heard that before - can only imagine the reaction if that was imposed here?

Quick turn around testing is key. I read somewhere about airports doing it, I will see if I can find the link.

The plan for the economy is that the government pays furlough, business rates and rents for for those 3 weeks instead of the months in a nationwide lockdown that is coming unless we do something drastic.

The start/bottom of wave one are ripples, similar to what we're seeing now. Do you understand the term exponential?

It's trying to avoid another huge peak of fudging deaths that lockdown is for.

@markysimmo I fear you're a victim of believing all the brick news you read on social media.

Maybe take graphs with shouty exclamation marks and weird cartoon characters on them with a pinch of salt.

That or stick to the UFOs thread.

The start/bottom of wave one are ripples, similar to what we're seeing now. Do you understand the term exponential?

It's trying to avoid another huge peak of fudging deaths that lockdown is for.

@markysimmo I fear you're a victim of believing all the brick news you read on social media.

Maybe take graphs with shouty exclamation marks and weird cartoon characters on them with a pinch of salt.

That or stick to the UFOs thread.
The rate isn't exponential this time.

Not sure if you missed the overlay graph from earlier, but it's pretty much a straight line this time.

It could quickly trend that way if the correct measures aren't taken. It's not pretty much a straight line.
Your post contradicts itself.

It either is a straight line that may trend otherwise or it's not a straight line. Can't be both.

For what it's worth, it is a straight line, deaths are almost non-existant and your life will be a lot more enjoyable if you spend less time listening to doom mongers who want to sell newspapers.

Your post contradicts itself.

It either is a straight line that may trend otherwise or it's not a straight line. Can't be both.

For what it's worth, it is a straight line, deaths are almost non-existant and your life will be a lot more enjoyable if you spend less time listening to doom mongers who want to sell newspapers.

Screenshot_20201015-073138~2.png
Looks like a pretty clear upward curve to me, admittedly not as steep. But combine that with the massive rate of cases:

Screenshot_20201015-073355~2.png
And yes, unmanaged, deaths could easily grow exponentially.

This is from an official source, not some shouty, pointy, hashtag retread.

View attachment 9647
Looks like a pretty clear upward curve to me, admittedly not as steep. But combine that with the massive rate of cases:

View attachment 9648
And yes, unmanaged, deaths could easily grow exponentially.

This is from an official source, not some shouty, pointy, hashtag retread.
Same data, different focus.

Pretty much impossible to determine if it's a curve at that scale. The closer scale shows it to be fairly straight right now.

Back