• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Coronavirus

The death rate, and the hospital admission rate, have both doubled in the last seven days.

In Scotland the SG said the death went up 400% in a week.
Sounds horrific.
2 to 8 doesn't quite sound so bad does it?
8 to many, but using stats in this way is counter productive.
What happened to the recent "at this rate it will 50,000 a day by middle of October" statement.

Not sure if the first sentence is serious? They had tough restrictions for a period of time, did it properly and now they're living life as 'COVID-normal' as possible.
WTF is COVID normal? Sounds fudging terrible to me.

I don't want COVID 'normal' I want normal. There's no point in living life like thumbing in a limp semi. Far better to make provisions for those who can't and let the rest of us get on with it.

WTF is COVID normal? Sounds fudging terrible to me.

I don't want COVID 'normal' I want normal. There's no point in living life like thumbing in a limp semi. Far better to make provisions for those who can't and let the rest of us get on with it.

Who doesn’t want normal? But it isn’t happening, so find the best alternative.

I don't, I'm not on anything apart from here.
But you can't avoid it, it's imbedded into news reports, it's linked on here.
But as you distinguished, there are facts and misinterpretation. Stick with the facts and bypass the misinterpretation/misrepresentation and whatever you do never go near the thread or comments.

We are close to 5 million on the NHS waiting list now.

Covid isn’t over running the NHS - shutting it down is

At no point during the first lockdown did the NHS come close to being overwhelmed and we went into lockdown after the peak.

Batbrick

The NHS has only treated 110,000 people for Covid since this started?
...and they're talking about "pressure on the NHS"... makes no sense.

because lockdown is a black hole you can’t get out of.

...that’s what you took from that article? Literally every country talks about how coming out of lockdown fudged them, and South Korea and Singapore have shown that lockdown + other things like proper tracing, fines etc. has worked.

And for everyone who is complaining about lockdown and the fact that you don’t have a proper tracing program, I bet if you had anything like South Korea you would be complaining even more.

Contact tracing is done through surveillance. Once a case is reported, phone and bank records are pored over by tracing teams to try to find out where the infected person has been and crucially who've they've been near. Text messages are sent to everyone who may have come into contact with the virus, urging them to get a test.

...that’s what you took from that article? Literally every country talks about how coming out of lockdown fudged them, and South Korea and Singapore have shown that lockdown + other things like proper tracing, fines etc. has worked.

And for everyone who is complaining about lockdown and the fact that you don’t have a proper tracing program, I bet if you had anything like South Korea you would be complaining even more.

fudged them because you can’t come out of them - rather than taking targeted approach which is far easier to hit problem areas.

We have politicians around the world doing something that’s never been done before on this scale and wonder why it doesn’t work and why it causes more misery

You are noisy.

And more importantly. Correct

fudged them because you can’t come out of them - rather than taking targeted approach which is far easier to hit problem areas.

We have politicians around the world doing something that’s never been done before on this scale and wonder why it doesn’t work and why it causes more misery

It’s worked in Australia, New Zealand, South Korea and Singapore though.

Back