• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Coronavirus

So comparing the UK, or most other places for that matter, to NZ is good, even though they are totally different geographically and in terms of population, but comparing us to Sweden doesn't work because we are so different?

Any loss of life is horrible but the idea that going into lockdown or operating under strict restrictions when the majority of damage in some places has happened, like thats going to bring people back is silly.

NO action is going to bring back the dead, thats not cold its just a reality. So you protect the most vulnerable now and thats from the virus and mentally.

Any loss of life is horrible but the idea that going into lockdown or operating under strict restrictions when the majority of damage in some places has happened, like thats going to bring people back is silly.

NO action is going to bring back the dead, thats not cold its just a reality. So you protect the most vulnerable now and thats from the virus and mentally.

Absolutely, but we’ve not done that.

Protecting the vulnerable is reliant on available testing, tracing, and targeted isolation, in addition to correct provision of PPE for front line workers.

So half the country to go into a secondary lockdown which when you hear the chancellor give support to companies that may be asked to close it was inevitable

Slow death is a coming

So half the country to go into a secondary lockdown which when you hear the chancellor give support to companies that may be asked to close it was inevitable

Slow death is a coming

Half the country? It’s just Liverpool isn’t it (well, to the extent of rumours thus far)?

Not according to Burnham, Manchester and most of north to follow.

Ah ok, so possibly wider then just Liverpool eventually. Was just reading the BBC website and didn’t see anything additional about Manchester, Saudi Sportswashing Machine etc.but makes sense they might follow.

Re the 3 tier system, that’s been spoken about for the past few days. On one hand I can see the logic of having consistent measures (will be interesting to see if they are transparent as to what might trigger a move up the scale) but on the other hand the government and local authorities then lose all flexibility to take measures suited to what is happening in a particular area. It might not always be the same behaviour causing an increase in cases. It feels like overkill (bad choice of word maybe).
I don’t really understand people complaining about the different rules being confusing as all you really need to know is what applies where you live and where you work. It can’t be that difficult to grasp.

Ah ok, so possibly wider then just Liverpool eventually. Was just reading the BBC website and didn’t see anything additional about Manchester, Saudi Sportswashing Machine etc.but makes sense they might follow.

Re the 3 tier system, that’s been spoken about for the past few days. On one hand I can see the logic of having consistent measures (will be interesting to see if they are transparent as to what might trigger a move up the scale) but on the other hand the government and local authorities then lose all flexibility to take measures suited to what is happening in a particular area. It might not always be the same behaviour causing an increase in cases. It feels like overkill (bad choice of word maybe).
I don’t really understand people complaining about the different rules being confusing as all you really need to know is what applies where you live and where you work. It can’t be that difficult to grasp.

Its not the rules its the affect the hokey cokey is having on people.

Another solution

Just read on the evening standard website that London is doing better as it is thought we have developed antibodies, presumably due to more exposure than other areas of country?

NZ as proven recently thought they were at zero cases and when they started to creep back up went into panic and a second action. They need to have full stadiums and public places now as they are in recession as we are.

Korea has seen a rise of near 40% in depression and Japan another country who have been reported as locking down well has seen their biggest surge in suicide https://www.japantimes.co.jp/news/2...ial-issues/suicide-mental-health-coronavirus/

New Zealand didn’t go back into full lockdown, only one city did and it was only for a short time. They did it properly at the start and they have full stadiums because of that. Therefore, proper lockdown means you can get your economy back up and running.

Japan hasn’t had a full lockdown ever. They’re in the midst of “Go To Travel” - a government campaign to get the nation travelling. Since March, they’ve done the half-hearted lockdown nonsense that the UK has done, but fortunately they have a society who act for the greater good, they already wore masks and had little physical contact with others so their cases and deaths aren’t that highs in comparison.

Certainly, they have huge problems with suicide, but you can’t blame it on a lockdown that doesn’t exist.

Certainly, they have huge problems with suicide, but you can’t blame it on a lockdown that doesn’t exist.

They went into voluntary business closures, cluster busters, lockdown or restrictions its part of the same thing. People here in London I know are struggling as much with the restrictions as with lockdown because by definition restrictive laws make people stay home or become more hermit like.

They went into voluntary business closures, cluster busters, lockdown or restrictions its part of the same thing. People here in London I know are struggling as much with the restrictions as with lockdown because by definition restrictive laws make people stay home or become more hermit like.

They had restrictions for a very short period of time. I lived in Japan for nearly 4 years, my wife is Japanese. Their suicide rate is not because of lockdown.

They had restrictions for a very short period of time. I lived in Japan for nearly 4 years, my wife is Japanese. Their suicide rate is not because of lockdown.

The rise, STEEP rise that coincided with CV19 the point is lockdown or restrictions or ever you what want to call it that resort in economic issues, job loss and disruption to interactions cause mental health issues

Their experts have attributed that to, below is a report two days ago:

Restrictions on social interaction have left people isolated and the economic shock has led to thousands upon thousands of job losses, with more to come.

In Japan, women have bore the brunt of the economic crisis as key areas of employment including hospitality and retail have suffered sharply due to lockdown.

Data from Japan's Ministry of Internal Affairs shows the percentage of women in work has declined more than twice as far as men. At the end of July, 26.6 million people were in work in Japan, a drop of 3.2 per cent from last year. Women account for more than two-thirds of the fall

So there is the silent killer, thats the point I am making which is linked to restrictions people are not tuned into making. A death is a death and for me they mental health pandemic is one that is not being taken seriously enough in my book.

I used Japan as an example because their suicide increase alone (not total numbers) doubles their official CV19 death toll, I am just highlighting issues that people just ignore because you cant see or they dont leave symptoms for official stats.

Back to the UK you only have to piece together the separate stats on domestic calls to police, suicide rates, increases in substance and alcohol abuse and calls to helplines to get a picture of what this back and forth with restrictions following a 3 month lockdown and the uncertainty is causing.

The issue is the country and it seems many people cant seem to focus on two things at once and it wont be till we are CV free that people will start to acknowledge the full devastation of this.

Back