• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Coronavirus

Certainly not the Swedish success story many would have you believe.

Its a great success, they realise people will die but they will not double down on that by adding to it by creating unnecessary cases of suicide or financial ruin to those that are statistically unlikely to be affected by the virus. Their lead adviser said this exactly at the start of the pandemic, when all choices are bad choices you pick a plan and stick to it. When you talk about loss of lives and numbers its never easy or comfortable conversations to have.

At the end of the day their mistakes come in the same place as everywhere else in the world, care homes, thats not good, but there is no need to then punish the rest of society for them mistakes where the virus is unlikely to take a deadly grip, Sweden acknowledge that

The problem with scientific advisors is that you put 20 infront of you and you get 20 different options and ideas, we have seen that here in the UK, WHO have been a shambles with their advise globally, thats the issue with listening to many voices.

How is the whitty / Vallance prediction going?

Ventilators are now used as a last resort because of the improvement in therapeutics (allowed by the time afforded by the last lock down)

so the chart before is more important.

the numbers in the beds being used for
Covid is 1.8 percent

New Zealand today. But lockdowns don’t work I guess.

3286233-A-7469-400-E-A201-FB668-CE774-EC.jpg

FF410-DD7-07-E4-4970-9-E71-28444-E7-BCF13.jpg

What’s going on in Peru and Argentina who had such a strict lockdown they had the army on the streets.

New Zealand today. But lockdowns don’t work I guess.

3286233-A-7469-400-E-A201-FB668-CE774-EC.jpg

FF410-DD7-07-E4-4970-9-E71-28444-E7-BCF13.jpg

They work if they are not half-arsed. NZ, Taiwan and South Korea prove that.

NZ as proven recently thought they were at zero cases and when they started to creep back up went into panic and a second action. They need to have full stadiums and public places now as they are in recession as we are.

Korea has seen a rise of near 40% in depression and Japan another country who have been reported as locking down well has seen their biggest surge in suicide https://www.japantimes.co.jp/news/2...ial-issues/suicide-mental-health-coronavirus/

Last edited:
Right now it is. With infections rising daily it will hit capacity unless something is done. And how they group things is irrelevant to the fact that we may see the NHS over capacity again. This should concern all of us and it is hard to deny the need for action.

The cause of this, as I've said before, is the missing world class test track and trace system we were promised by these mfers in charge. We would be able to get back to normal if the Tories weren't just dishing out lucrative contracts to their mates.

stats on in hospital infections up north.

Tories are completely useless, I’m expecting private And public legal action Against them after this and potentially jail term.

Certainly not the Swedish success story many would have you believe.

People are reading what they want into their plan. It suits their narrative, so they squint a little and exclaim just how well the Swedes have done. Yeah, turn your head to the side and squint a little and it looks okayish.

NZ as proven recently thought they were at zero cases and when they started to creep back up went into panic and a second action. They need to have full stadiums and public places now as they are in recession as we are.

Korea has seen a rise of near 40% in depression and Japan another country who have been reported as locking down well has seen their biggest surge in suicide https://www.japantimes.co.jp/news/2...ial-issues/suicide-mental-health-coronavirus/

You can have your own opinions, but not your own facts. Far from going into a full panic mode, New Zealand had a limited lock down in Auckland. Now it seems they are back to zero cases. Hyperbole much?

Its a great success, they realise people will die but they will not double down on that by adding to it by creating unnecessary cases of suicide or financial ruin to those that are statistically unlikely to be affected by the virus. Their lead adviser said this exactly at the start of the pandemic, when all choices are bad choices you pick a plan and stick to it. When you talk about loss of lives and numbers its never easy or comfortable conversations to have.

At the end of the day their mistakes come in the same place as everywhere else in the world, care homes, thats not good, but there is no need to then punish the rest of society for them mistakes where the virus is unlikely to take a deadly grip, Sweden acknowledge that

The problem with scientific advisors is that you put 20 infront of you and you get 20 different options and ideas, we have seen that here in the UK, WHO have been a shambles with their advise globally, thats the issue with listening to many voices.

‘It’s a great success...’

Hmmm.

You can have your own opinions, but not your own facts. Far from going into a full panic mode, New Zealand had a limited lock down in Auckland. Now it seems they are back to zero cases. Hyperbole much?

It was not Hyperbolt, the point I am making is that for the lockdown move to work everytime you come out you spike and then you lockdown again, even regionally. But that comes at a price and NZ will go back into regional lockdowns again once they have another case or 2 because that is their strategy. I am not hyperbolting it, that is just what they will do because thats their plan. And that is fine that is there plan, but they are also in a recession so it comes at a cost.

‘It’s a great success...’

Hmmm.

Depending on what you class as success.

They have a plan and stuck to it, made the hard decisions based on the fact that some people will unfortunately die, over a million have died globally, but what they have not done is double down on deaths by locking people down. At the end of the day a death saved from suicide is equal to a life saved from Coronovirus as is protecting peoples mental health as well as physical. The facts are they decided their plan will have a better longer term impact on health and life than locking people down. In that case they could be proved 100 right yet.

As an example would be somewhere like Japan only have 1600 deaths but 13,000 deaths by suicide, they are seeing HUGE rises in women at about 40% more and the overall increase is 14%, so is the plan working if only 1600 people die of the virus BUT an extra 1800 take their own life because of the affects of lockdown etc.

To coin the phrase, lockdowns are a way of using a hammer to kill a fly

Last edited:
Except covid isn't Outbreak or the stand.
It's a virus that has the potential to kill some of the weakest at one end of the age spectrum.

GHod help us is we ever do have a serious outbreak of something.
In fact, it seems COVID-19 is simply something that shaves a few months or years from the (often literally) bricky end of people's lives.

Given the propensity for people in this country to drink, smoke and overeat Iceland food, it appears as if that's a trade most are willing to make for the freedom to do as they wish.

Depending on what you class as success.

They have a plan and stuck to it, made the hard decisions based on the fact that some people will unfortunately die, over a million have died globally, but what they have not done is double down on deaths by locking people down. At the end of the day a death saved from suicide is equal to a life saved from Coronovirus as is protecting peoples mental health as well as physical. The facts are they decided their plan will have a better longer term impact on health and life than locking people down. In that case they could be proved 100 right yet.

As an example would be somewhere like Japan only have 1600 deaths but 13,000 deaths by suicide, they are seeing HUGE rises in women at about 40% more and the overall increase is 14%, so is the plan working if only 1600 people die of the virus BUT an extra 1800 take their own life because of the affects of lockdown etc.

Mental health is surely being effected by more than the lockdowns, fear of losing loved ones, or suffering yourself are equal drivers, also, yes a lot of people are losing work, this has to be a factor too, but it’s incompatibility with some trades and the virus that are the problem, not that there is an official lockdown.

My wife owns a dying events management company, yes she can’t run events in lockdown, but even if there wasn’t a lockdown, nobody in their right mind is going to an awards dinner in an air conditioned ball room with 500 people from all over the world.

The problem is the virus, everything else is just a symptom, and it’s bad medicine to treat those first.

Mental health is surely being effected by more than the lockdowns, fear of losing loved ones, or suffering yourself are equal drivers, also, yes a lot of people are losing work, this has to be a factor too, but it’s incompatibility with some trades and the virus that are the problem, not that there is an official lockdown.

My wife owns a dying events management company, yes she can’t run events in lockdown, but even if there wasn’t a lockdown, nobody in their right mind is going to an awards dinner in an air conditioned ball room with 500 people from all over the world.

The problem is the virus, everything else is just a symptom, and it’s bad medicine to treat those first.

I probably know your wife, I worked for years in events

I agree fear of losing loved ones could be a reason to kill yourself but I would say, listening to the experts that money, work, house, future, being locked down, depression from all the above. Its also seen a spike in substance abuse globally.

In China they did a huge research on it and found people were posting on social media suicidal notes and tendencies culminating from a decrease in the life quality.

The guy in Sweden leading this approached it in a way that I think is uncomfortable to acknowledge but his belief was the first wave which was already present would unfortunately do its most damage early so pointless for 6 months after to continue measures when the horse has bolted and create more turmoil. He was right because for a country that has operated with an open policy their death toll has flat-lined for the last 2 months the same as those countries that have operated stricter lockdowns.

Last edited:

So comparing the UK, or most other places for that matter, to NZ is good, even though they are totally different geographically and in terms of population, but comparing us to Sweden doesn't work because we are so different?

I probably know your wife, I worked for years in events

I agree fear of losing loved ones could be a reason to kill yourself but I would say, listening to the experts that money, work, house, future, being locked down, depression from all the above. Its also seen a spike in substance abuse globally.

On substance abuse, the recent lock down here seems to be based on alcohol, drug use is going through the roof.
Scotland already has the worst death rate through drugs in Europe.
Dread to think what it will be like now.

On substance abuse, the recent lock down here seems to be based on alcohol, drug use is going through the roof.
Scotland already has the worst death rate through drugs in Europe.
Dread to think what it will be like now.

In June Scotland saw a 15% rise on their numbers which much equal devastating numbers.

Back