• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Coronavirus

Hopefully hundreds of thousands of people dying and many others losing their jobs can be a catalyst for change in the broken system. If it isn't, I do kind of despair for the future of the humans.

Hundreds of thousands of people are dying because there is a global pandemic that has been mismanaged. People dont have to lose their jobs in their millions to somehow even up the guilt people are feeling because of that

Job losses caused by collective guilt? I've heard it all now...

Thats not what I am saying, somehow people are accepting of millions of people losing their jobs like it somehow evens up the loss of lives.

Lets all cry our eyes out because people have one hour less in the pub, gets more airtime than people at home in their millions wanting to work not just for the money but for their own mental health, for the purpose of wanting to live, to feel like they are living.

People act that its selfish to believe that the world can carry on whilst we protect the most vulnerable of the virus.

We could all sit there reveling in the downfall of the economy as a reason to say I told you so, good on you

Last edited:
The amount of money and resource in our society should allow us to get through the pandemic without economic devastation. It won't happen as distribution of wealth is skewered to the wealthy. But we have got to the point where we blame medical experts for wanting to protect the lives of vulnerable folk. And we blame a government who against its own personal wishes is being pushed to do the same. This whole episode should teach us a lesson about how broken the system is but it won't as we are all pointing fingers at the wrong people. People who don't what their grandma to die. And doctors who don't want people to die before their time.

But we are not talking about billionaires though, we are talking about millions of people on a average wage losing their jobs by the million because of Coronavirus in the system that exists.

I get what you are saying but that system is not going to change anytime soon and those within it who rely on a salary do not deserve to suffer because in your mind the system is broke.
Why are we not talking about billionaires?

Those millions didn't deserve the status quo before the corona virus hit either.

The choice is a false choice imo. Help the economy at the cost of corona suffering or the consequences for millions will be even greater. Or minimize the impact of the corona crisis, the suffering is just too much, we'll find a way to get back to normal.

Now argue which is the lesser evil, regardless you'll be exploited. Your suffering transformed to wealth for the few. Why talk about billionaires in the middle of a pandemic?

I mean nothing personal to you or the people you described above. The world and humanity has me in a frustrated mood. I have no issue with individuals making their lives better as long as they're not exploiting others. If my words were unreasonably harsh I apologise.

The amount of money and resource in our society should allow us to get through the pandemic without economic devastation. It won't happen as distribution of wealth is skewered to the wealthy. But we have got to the point where we blame medical experts for wanting to protect the lives of vulnerable folk. And we blame a government who against its own personal wishes is being pushed to do the same. This whole episode should teach us a lesson about how broken the system is but it won't as we are all pointing fingers at the wrong people. People who don't what their grandma to die. And doctors who don't want people to die before their time.

I don't want my dad to die who is high risk and he wont if he continues to shield

But should the world also shield when its proven by fact that a huge demographic have no need to but by doing so pushes those into their own additional separate sub pandemic based on mental heath issues, unemployment, loneliness, sense of helplessnes, punishment, money issues etc

Why are we not talking about billionaires?

Those millions didn't deserve the status quo before the corona virus hit either.

The choice is a false choice imo. Help the economy at the cost of corona suffering or the consequences for millions will be even greater. Or minimize the impact of the corona crisis, the suffering is just too much, we'll find a way to get back to normal.

Now argue which is the lesser evil, regardless you'll be exploited. Your suffering transformed to wealth for the few. Why talk about billionaires in the middle of a pandemic?

I mean nothing personal to you or the people you described above. The world and humanity has me in a frustrated mood. I have no issue with individuals making their lives better as long as they're not exploiting others. If my words were unreasonably harsh I apologise.

Not everyone working is doing so to make people richer that's a falsehood

Like I said weeks ago this is to me about phone calls with staff begging to come back to work for their own self worth and sense of belonging and living, not making people rich

I'm talking about a normality for the working person not the man at the top I won't apologise for caring about colleagues whilst being logical about this disease

Last edited:
Not everyone working is doing so to make people richer that's a falsehood

Like I said weeks ago this is to me about phone calls with staff begging to come back to work for their own self worth and sense of belonging and living, not making people rich

I'm talking about a normality for the working person not the man at the top I won't apologise for caring about colleagues whilst being logical about this disease

Offices are allowed to open again though right, if jobs can’t be done remotely, or is it that there isn’t any work they can do?

Offices are allowed to open again though right, if jobs can’t be done remotely, or is it that there isn’t any work they can do?

Damage was done and on the bigger platform the knock on effect to clients means there isn't the work, its heightened by the daily flip flop on restrictions etc

We worked to rule and guidelines from March. Took the government advise on making office safe for August ready for October return and guidelines changed as again

No one realistically can have a meaningful run up to getting work up and running again

Damage was done and on the bigger platform the knock on effect to clients means there isn't the work, its heightened by the daily flip flop on restrictions etc

We worked to rule and guidelines from March. Took the government advise on making office safe for August ready for October return and guidelines changed as again

No one realistically can have a meaningful run up to getting work up and running again

But the damage is due to the underlying issue of the virus right?

The lockdown has been effectively voluntary since Barnard Castle, it’s confidence of the public that needs to change, and that won’t happen until the infection rates are practically zero.

That’s where we need to get to, as quickly as possible.

If a business is making hundreds or thousands of redundancies in this period, they have failed. They have failed as a business and they have failed their people.

If they do not offer protection to the people who allow them to function day-to-day, they deserve to go bust and hopefully never see the light of day again.
Businesses (or those running them) are only responsible to their shareholders.

If the best course for shareholders is shedding jobs, then that's what has to happen.

If the work can't be done remotely is the rule.

In my experience most jobs can't be completed to a satisfactory level remotely.

I don't want my dad to die who is high risk and he wont if he continues to shield

But should the world also shield when its proven by fact that a huge demographic have no need to but by doing so pushes those into their own additional separate sub pandemic based on mental heath issues, unemployment, loneliness, sense of helplessnes, punishment, money issues etc

When the world did shield then high risk folk stopped dying or ending up in ICU. They are now suffering again so yes it is necessary for there to be good protections. And this would have been world class test, track and trace. We could have then opened up and protected those folk. But our government is so useless that we now have to lockdown again to stop the NHS from crumbling and for our high risk relatives from dying before their time.

So you are allowed to open then right.
If you can make the place "COVID secure," yes.

Easy for me, nobody here really shares offices. Means I've had to make my own drinks for a while, which has caused great distress but easy to keep people reasonably separate.

I'd imagine places designed to use an open plan office and hot desking might struggle.

Easy for me, nobody here really shares offices. Means I've had to make my own drinks for a while, which has caused great distress but easy to keep people reasonably separate.

I'd imagine places designed to use an open plan office and hot desking might struggle.

Thats how my place was set up, we got COVID secure in a week, reduce usable desk numbers, put up screens, reduce points of contact, change working patterns to minimise contact, let those who can work from home do so, admittedly we have an asynchronous workforce so easier for us than many others.

Not everywhere can do it, but a lot of places can and have. My point was that we are not under lockdown currently, so thats not the biggest factor for struggling bars/cafe's/restaurants/coffee shops/etc. The lockdown is another symptom, its not the disease. Had we never locked down, trains and office would still be empty because people are scared, in many cases, for good reason.

The initial lockdown taught a lot of people and companies that other patterns of work were more viable than they thought. We need to knock the virus on the head, but when we do, we won't be going back to exactly the way things were a year ago.

Thats how my place was set up, we got COVID secure in a week, reduce usable desk numbers, put up screens, reduce points of contact, change working patterns to minimise contact, let those who can work from home do so, admittedly we have an asynchronous workforce so easier for us than many others.

Not everywhere can do it, but a lot of places can and have. My point was that we are not under lockdown currently, so thats not the biggest factor for struggling bars/cafe's/restaurants/coffee shops/etc. The lockdown is another symptom, its not the disease. Had we never locked down, trains and office would still be empty because people are scared, in many cases, for good reason.

The initial lockdown taught a lot of people and companies that other patterns of work were more viable than they thought. We need to knock the virus on the head, but when we do, we won't be going back to exactly the way things were a year ago.
Would be difficult for us as the office staff are essentially support for the factory during opening hours.

Fortunately were in an old school building from when offices were the norm. We would have struggled to stay open now otherwise.

It isn't too bad, but we do have a load of space and you book a desk, one way systems, lots of hand wash. But this is because my employer can afford to have us in if we want but doesn't need us in so it is never going to be at capacity.

Back