• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Coronavirus

Or be protect those suffering or with potential to suffer better and a low those with absolutely no risk to continue guilt free.

I did an analysis this morning. We have made 20 people aged 21-35 redundant since March with no way around it, 20 people healthy enough and in an age range that says Covid will not affect them. I don't see the fairness there, one day you are at work with the world at your feet, 6 months later yours worlds upside down, why? Because you are a fit and healthy 26 year old that wants to work? Its ridiculous and its been ridiculously managed. People fit and healthy enough to work risk free should be able to and do so guilt free.
People aren't made redundant, their job roles are. If you're unfortunate enough to be in a role which is no longer sustainable then you lose it, regardless of your age or health.

If a business is making hundreds or thousands of redundancies in this period, they have failed. They have failed as a business and they have failed their people.

If they do not offer protection to the people who allow them to function day-to-day, they deserve to go bust and hopefully never see the light of day again.

People aren't made redundant, their job roles are. If you're unfortunate enough to be in a role which is no longer sustainable then you lose it, regardless of your age or health.

I am making a point, people are going to wake up a year after this started in a ridiculous state of finance, housing, mental health for no reason whatsoever. People in the prime of their life being told they can not go to work because the most vulnerable are not and were not protected well enough

If a business is making hundreds or thousands of redundancies in this period, they have failed. They have failed as a business and they have failed their people.

If they do not offer protection to the people who allow them to function day-to-day, they deserve to go bust and hopefully never see the light of day again.

So a sandwich shop that employs 3/4 people in the city which no longer has business because the city is empty and the company can no longer afford to pay their staff deserve to go bust? There are hundred of thousands of small businesses that are closing that are the life blood to not only staff by their owners, not every company is a FTSE100 company.

You are either being antagonistic an idiot or you dont live in the real world

WTF - how are businesses for no cash flow meant to cope?

how does them going bust do anything other than heap more pain on people?

on a bin fest of a thread this is the worst post by a mile.

So a sandwich shop that employs 3/4 people in the city which no longer has business because the city is empty and the company can no longer afford to pay their staff deserve to go bust? There are hundred of thousands of small businesses that are closing that are the life blood to not only staff by their owners, not every company is a FTSE100 company.

You are either being antagonistic an idiot or you dont live in the real world

I said hundreds or thousands of redundancies, so maybe Subway would count?

WTF - how are businesses for no cash flow meant to cope?

how does them going bust do anything other than heap more pain on people?

on a bin fest of a thread this is the worst post by a mile.

Obviously there are exceptions, but businesses shouldn't be run teetering on the edge of collapse. It's totally irresponsible.

Plenty of companies are doing fine, making zero layoffs.

I said hundreds or thousands of redundancies, so maybe Subway would count?

So why mention my job like I am living it up whilst making redundancies when I work in a company which was 120 staff and now 40?

And for the record my job is up for threat and I will be made redundant in the new year as there are no prospects for the company to survive in this climate.

Or be protect those suffering or with potential to suffer better and a low those with absolutely no risk to continue guilt free.

I did an analysis this morning. We have made 20 people aged 21-35 redundant since March with no way around it, 20 people healthy enough and in an age range that says Covid will not affect them. I don't see the fairness there, one day you are at work with the world at your feet, 6 months later yours worlds upside down, why? Because you are a fit and healthy 26 year old that wants to work? Its ridiculous and its been ridiculously managed. People fit and healthy enough to work risk free should be able to and do so guilt free.
Protect those suffering or with potential to suffer better... Let's look at that both within and without the corona situation.

Health care, economic safety nets, real access to education. That will protect those who suffer, those with the potential to suffer.

Many places, for many people, that's not available, it's too expensive, would hurt the economy. Despite decades of technological advancements and economic growth. Meanwhile billionaires are getting wealthier. The number of billionaires increases massively.

I'm for economic stability and growth, to the extent that it increases human well-being and decreases human suffering. The way the economy functions now is to produce wealth for the few in exchange for suffering for the many.

Like I said, if only people would ignore human suffering the economy would boom. Not just a hypothetical, it's what we're seeing so the time. Not just connected to the corona crisis. In general, made more apparent by the crisis.

7 months without income and still having to pay wages/rent etc isn’t teetering on the edge of collapse It’s an impossible situation.

I will give you an example

We are a marketing company that works on contracts from hospitality organisations, hotels, destinations etc. From contracts we win I would say 60-70% goes to the salary costs to manage the account, majority of the rest goes to office and infrastructure costs. What remains which is small from each contract went as profit to the MD. The MD has not taken a penny since March and I can tell you she is not hugely wealthy anyway, yes comfortable but not living like Rockafella. The upper management in which I sit have worked more hours and have taken less money in order to save the company and work ways of trying to spin something out of nothing which is now proving impossible.

The perceived value in the company was the clients and contracts we received, the campaigns we ran and the volume of them. We have never been cash rich but that has nothing to do with mismanagement its to do with the industry in which we sit. Our staff were always our greatest asset.

The bigger picture is that those companies that

I will lose my job come the new year, there is no threat on my house because I have been financially sound as has my wife and we have savings, not alot but enough, hardly makes me out to be the monster made out earlier especially when I have worked 16/18 hour days trying to save the business and call people to make sure they are ok and coping too. I am not looking sympathy thats the way it is, but for people to make uneducated assumptions is ridiculous.

So not all companies are Subway or miss managed. People should engage their brain before talking sometimes

Protect those suffering or with potential to suffer better... Let's look at that both within and without the corona situation.

Health care, economic safety nets, real access to education. That will protect those who suffer, those with the potential to suffer.

Many places, for many people, that's not available, it's too expensive, would hurt the economy. Despite decades of technological advancements and economic growth. Meanwhile billionaires are getting wealthier. The number of billionaires increases massively.

I'm for economic stability and growth, to the extent that it increases human well-being and decreases human suffering. The way the economy functions now is to produce wealth for the few in exchange for suffering for the many.

Like I said, if only people would ignore human suffering the economy would boom. Not just a hypothetical, it's what we're seeing so the time. Not just connected to the corona crisis. In general, made more apparent by the crisis.

But we are not talking about billionaires though, we are talking about millions of people on a average wage losing their jobs by the million because of Coronavirus in the system that exists.

I get what you are saying but that system is not going to change anytime soon and those within it who rely on a salary do not deserve to suffer because in your mind the system is broke.

But we are not talking about billionaires though, we are talking about millions of people on a average wage losing their jobs by the million because of Coronavirus in the system that exists.

I get what you are saying but that system is not going to change anytime soon and those within it who rely on a salary do not deserve to suffer because in your mind the system is broke.

Hopefully hundreds of thousands of people dying and many others losing their jobs can be a catalyst for change in the broken system. If it isn't, I do kind of despair for the future of the humans.

the virus is the problem that needs to be fixed, they can lift the lockdown, but thats not going to bring the trade back

we are in a fudging mess, if now isn't the time to question how we got here, when is?

Why isn't the economy able to stand up to six or so months of reduced activity? Because it's geared to be used and abused and squeezed to the nth degree by those most wealthy.

Now it's gone tits up the money men and landlords of the world are bricking themselves, but at least they're not facing homelessness.

Because the country is full of companies that trade on a service that offers a salary for all and a small profit for the owner, we are not talking about millions here or people being exploited.

SMEs contribute nearly 50% of the UKs economy, many of these could not afford to cover 7 months of wages or reduced wages without continued turnover, thats has nothing to do with them being run badly.

Back