• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Coronavirus

I'm not denying that the whole thing is a shambles but...nothing has drastically changed in the rules with today's announcement, has it? 6 people has long been the rule, it just hasn't been enforceable by law.
I'm amazed at the amount of people complaining, when they've just been ignoring the rules up until now.
Take what you said and add an anti-Conservative agenda and you have what the people complaining are saying.

I'm not denying that the whole thing is a shambles but...nothing has drastically changed in the rules with today's announcement, has it? 6 people has long been the rule, it just hasn't been enforceable by law.
I'm amazed at the amount of people complaining, when they've just been ignoring the rules up until now.

Agreed - although the messaging has been so mixed it’s almost impossible to keep up. It’s pretty obvious how lots of people will react if the PM is telling them that life will be back to normal by Christmas.

On the flipside I know a few people who had symptons and were able to get a test locally the same or next day in the last few weeks and got the results within 24-48 hours so not everything is failing, part of the problem is that negative headlines make for better news. Not trying to say everything is rosy but we're still averaging 175K tests per day which is higher than pretty much every other country so clearly not everyone is driving hundreds of miles.

Agreed - although the messaging has been so mixed it’s almost impossible to keep up. It’s pretty obvious how lots of people will react if the PM is telling them that life will be back to normal by Christmas.

He has to, the PM that saved Christmas....

On the flipside I know a few people who had symptons and were able to get a test locally the same or next day in the last few weeks and got the results within 24-48 hours so not everything is failing, part of the problem is that negative headlines make for better news. Not trying to say everything is rosy but we're still averaging 175K tests per day which is higher than pretty much every other country so clearly not everyone is driving hundreds of miles.
Find me a test centre then. This is absolutely not made up we have been trying for 5 hours today. Hanrooster has had plenty of time to sort this. I couldn’t care less about political parties I want to get my kids back to school and me back to work. Don’t believe the hype around testing numbers too when sending out home test kits are counted in the number of tests whether they are completed or not. Also the government cannot have it both ways. They are happy to crow about the number of tests carried out but are now saying people who were not eligible have been taking the tests? If the system was not so much about test numbers should it not have made it harder to take a test if you were not eligible?

Last edited:
FWIW a walk in centre exists in Harslden, However, I have no idea how you get an appointment. I got a test there in August by selecteding "Car", then when picking the place you could change it to "walk-in". However, I just checked on your behalf and it just says "This service is busy try again later" with zero options.

As you say, a total shambles that nobody can get tested - you are ultimately being punished with 2 weeks lost income for trying to do the right thing.
Thanks mate not sure how I book it as the site won’t let me book walk in ones.

Probably not, not defending it, in fact my post condemns our handling off it, hence slow death

The point is was making is globally this is not going to end well for anyone, everyone is going two steps forward and three back almost daily, for me the worry is larger than who is doing better, I think we are on the brink of an almost major scale melt down on an entire global scale. To a country everyone is scared of its own shadow.

Every day is demonstrating why lockdowns dont work

For me I am starting to get miffed about the over protection of pubs. I do not get it.

If you look at the lock down, the one industry or area that went back sooner than anything with more lapse rules was the pub, I can walk 5 mins now to my local and flout rules whilst if I go to the bank I live by a different standard.

Its like the order of normality was Pubs, Schools, Work.....

The complete lack of support for these areas is the issue - how many do they employ?

Take what you said and add an anti-Conservative agenda and you have what the people complaining are saying.

I was completely supportive of them till they changed track, this Gov been shown up to be weak - a proper con government would be dealing with this properly.

I was completely supportive of them till they changed track, this Gov been shown up to be weak - a proper con government would be dealing with this properly.
They're getting plenty wrong, but they're getting .ore right than most governments.

It shows the lack of quality we have right now when the other lot would have been worse.

They're getting plenty wrong, but they're getting .ore right than most governments.

It shows the lack of quality we have right now when the other lot would have been worse.

I dont think they are now, they are far too flakey.

I agree on the lack of quality all over

As far as I can see we're locking down less than most. That's the only thing that really matters in all of this.

Think in Europe we have one of the tightest - Belgium have the harshest.

I think its telling the right leaning media are against it - which suggests it is not just anti Tories.

I just dont think they have a clue how to get out of it - they are not alone

There playing the man not the ball.

"Ha, ha ha, you thought Hitler was bad, thank GHod Goebbels never got the leadership." This is moral relativism Scara. I teach my Year 10 students that it is an invalid form of argument and they get it. How come you don't?

Back