• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Coronavirus

She didn’t have the welfare of her kids to consider though. Your argument is on the assumption of a lie which is not proven and TBH I don’t believe he has used his kids as a pawn in this.

Like I say Government were likely to have full disclosure and complicit in his actions.

You expect him to apologise when having the press shout in his face outside his home? I don’t expect that anymore than I expected Corbyn to when he was hounded on numerous occasions.

If it’s proven that Cummings has contributed to allegations 2 and 3 I expect him to stand down and apologise doing so but I don’t expect it if it’s just a wave of unproven speculation and I wouldn’t want that for anyone.

my argument is that he moved government to change lockdown policy on the fly rather than admit that he was wrong

Boris Johnson: “Dominic Cummings followed the instinct of any parent”

What a shame the heart-broken parents of this poor boy weren’t also advised to follow their parental instincts and be allowed to attend his funeral and prevent him he being buried alone.

www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/heartbreaking-pictures-show-lonely-funeral-21809116.amp

this is what's so despicable about the whole situation, where the lies smash into horrific reality

also despicable is that this afternoon's meeting wasn't for the PM to get answers from Cummings as to his actions, but clearly for Cummings to take his lapdog through the defensive playbook that he'd be reading from this evening

Boris showing strength in the noise that’s come out. Good man
He can't run the country without Cummings, has an 80 seat majority and is barely 6 months into his new government. There's no serious leverage against him. It's not really strength. With Boris and his top team contracting Covid -19 at the same time, it was quite clear they have no clue how to manage a public health crisis. However, I thought they were a bit smarter politically.

What we have now is another day when the government is not going to be questioned about its progress on the key things like testing and track and trace.

Sorry for cutting your post down but to me the bit above sums it up spot on, there is so much emphasis being put on this instead of the really important next steps. So many reporters, newspapers (many with agendas), members of the public and many on here foaming at the mouth over something that will not either hinder/help us come through this awful virus.

Political stances are being shown and it really is sad to see.

Sorry for cutting your post down but to me the bit above sums it up spot on, there is so much emphasis being put on this instead of the really important next steps. So many reporters, newspapers (many with agendas), members of the public and many on here foaming at the mouth over something that will not either hinder/help us come through this awful virus.

the biggest hindrance to dealing with this virus is the incompetent leadership and inaction of the government

I agree, except moving from London to Durham when you have the virus like he did, is exactly the sort of action you want to avoid during a pandemic when your only have containment as a control measure. You are potentially carrying the virus from region to region.

I have been out over these last few weeks shutting down people's livelihoods to control the virus spread, my ex colleagues in the police issuing fixed penalty notices. So really Cummings should not think he is above the law when other people are not. Especially as a member of the government.

Also the fact he was able to drive that distance suggests he wasn't too ill to look after his son locally. So it was not at that time an essential journey. The child care issue is a red herring.

Also the fact he was able to drive that distance suggests he wasn't too ill to look after his son locally. So it was not at that time an essential journey. The child care issue is a red herring.

That’s cynicism at its best.

The fact the virus would get progressively worse means he has a window of opportunity to drive.

That is one of the known facts about the virus, the point wasn’t how ill he was it was how ill he might get.

One of the very worst parts about all of this.

Whatever happened to "Snitches get stitches?"

Why should they. Your all missing the point and you more then most with your love of money.

This country much like America is about one thing, money. Whether it is people coming here to earn more money, unions trying to get more money for their members or people like me trying to figure out how to leave as much money as they can to their families.

Whoever snitched on cumming will have evidence and will have sold it to the guardian. They should have done the same for a labour leader to the times.

Its about money, not grassing. I would have done the same fcuk anyone who says differently. Its about the money.

the biggest hindrance to dealing with this virus is the incompetent leadership and inaction of the government
I agree, except moving from London to Durham when you have the virus like he did, is exactly the sort of action you want to avoid during a pandemic when your only have containment as a control measure. I have been out over these last few weeks shutting down people's livelihoods to control the virus spread, my ex colleagues in the police issuing fixed penalty notices. So really Cummings should not think he is above the law when other people are not. Especially as a member of the government.

Do not get me wrong mate i am not defending Cummings in any way, my point is that unless we move on from this and get the country moving on and on to better days for everyone the longer the MORE important steps will be delayed. The amount of coverage this has taken up over the last 48 hours shows just what is wrong with this country. People are dying and there is still point scoring going on and as i say its sad to see.

Following that Daily Briefing, I wonder what shade of purple PIers Morgan’s face is right now...
il_794xN.1493088459_mhww.jpg

That’s cynicism at its best.

The fact the virus would get progressively worse means he has a window of opportunity to drive.

That is one of the known facts about the virus, the point wasn’t how ill he was it was how ill he might get.
I think once again it is you who is trying to cover for the government. I am not being political here, I enforce the law and am only talking from a public health point of view. Lots of people have had the virus and still looked after their kids. He must have people locally who could deliver food and unless he was at death's door and there was no other options, you really do not want people moving between the regions.

On one hand, you can’t do something you are asking everyone else not to do, and come out looking peachy. Is everyone allowed to travel to their family home now, even if they have symptoms?

In that sense Boris/Cummings had to admit guilt and show contrition. Otherwise how can they advise people not to do what he did?

On the flip side, I thought the sacking the Scottish lady was harsh. If you are in a car then a house, big deal, so what. And without Cummings this shower of a government would be rudderless. Maybe the reason we have been so slow to get on top of testing is precisely because the brains of the operation was off with the bluebells.

Didn’t see Boris’ performance yet, but this could be a watermark moment. Some may not forget that there is one rule for them and another for us.

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

I think once again it is you who is trying to cover for the government. I am not being political here, I enforce the law and am only talking from a public health point of view. Lots of people have had the virus and still looked after your kids. He must have people locally who could deliver food and unless he was at death's door and there was no other options, you really do not want people moving between the regions.

Without bothering to look it up again, I believe he had his sister and other relatives no more than a couple of miles away.

I think once again it is you who is trying to cover for the government. I am not being political here, I enforce the law and am only talking from a public health point of view. Lots of people have had the virus and still looked after their kids. He must have people locally who could deliver food and unless he was at death's door and there was no other options, you really do not want people moving between the regions.

I'm not covering government because he is not per say, and again its ignored that I hate the SNP but defended her too, but alas I am talking about a single human being, the emphasis I have tried to put on this about human nature.

Like I said at worse from what we know he has made a human error mistake based on fact so far, that for me does not warrant a sacking and again I argue that my view is the outcry for people to be sacked in the UK for mistakes or errors of judgement is a sad state, have said that before this incident on here plenty of times.

Without bothering to look it up again, I believe he had his sister and other relatives no more than a couple of miles away.

Sister in law and people talk like its black and white, do you know their relationship intimately? What if she refused to help? Its happened to a good mate of mine where his own brother would not leave his flat to help him out. It does happen

Back