• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Coronavirus

Hence why I called it a scandal but he seems to claim to have evidence that a load of false accounts were set up by DHSC indirectly and they are reacting vociferously. If it even remotely true it is a huge problem that the state is acting in such a way.
Agreed, I just can't understand millenials and how they construct sentences/arguments. I still don't see that what he's claiming has any backing.

If true it's a fudging ridiculous overstep and waste of our money, but he speaks like he's showing evidence without showing any.

Agreed, I just can't understand millenials and how they construct sentences/arguments. I still don't see that what he's claiming has any backing.

If true it's a fudging ridiculous overstep and waste of our money, but he speaks like he's showing evidence without showing any.

Fair play Scara.

Honestly mate, I think to fully comment on the US it Is really important to factor in the size of the place versus the numbers involved on any issue. Proportionately, the "protests" are the same as if 25 Tommy Robinson-fuelled knob heads came out to protest in Welwyn Garden City, Digbeth, Blyth and Cricklewood. It is small sample of people who are being trumped by the media/recycled and relaunched by Trump's people.
US population as of 2019 was approximately 320 million.
UK population as of 2019 was approximately 66 million.
As well as the difference in numbers of people (the US being roughly 4.5 times more populated) add in the extra space where pockets can trundle off and park themselves in away from anything close to a blended society, and you're left with greater numbers of dingdongheads who live in bubbles in the arse-ends of wherever banding together behind the "DUH" factor of stupid.

I think it is a fudging miracle that the entire West Coast, with California leading, shut down so quickly. I also think it is a fudging miracle that MOST in the country are abiding by the common sense rule factors.

Trust me, we didn't look too amazing when we continued to crowd into pubs long after thousands were dying across continental Europe.

I am not trying to protect the US per se, I just think it's worth taking into account that everyone has their "geniuses" and no country should be judged by them however juicy a story they make.
About as impressive a gathering as Trump’s inauguration :oops:

I don't see how this is Boris personally, as much as I think he is a fool this is not his style or philosophy. Seems like a Patel type of move - she is an absolute pyschopath.

I wonder if the PPE issue would have been sorted better if each individual trust could order stock themselves. I imagine the is a discount for bulk ordering but it might be sensible if individual trusts could be in charge of their own stock.

I wonder if the PPE issue would have been sorted better if each individual trust could order stock themselves. I imagine the is a discount for bulk ordering but it might be sensible if individual trusts could be in charge of their own stock.

It’s a fair idea considering one person has to make the decision and using this Forum as an example opinions differ, you are probably better empowering certain trusts

I'd imagine that's how it would normally happen. A central purchasing function would select the supplier(s) and negotiate the price (unit, bulk, or otherwise), thereby getting efficiencies and scaling, and then the individual trusts would order stock directly as needed.
Maybe now because what is being supplemented is the pandemic stock, it's all being sourced and ordered centrally. The upside to this is the individual trusts are not competing against either other in the market in such a panic situation, as has happened in the US.

Read a BBC article about the public and are we doing enough to protect the NHS and got me thinking, maybe a question for @Hootnow

My mum runs 3 practices and as much as the government plays a massive part in her frustrations with the NHS she believes the biggest drain on the system is the public, maybe more from a actual Drs Surgery than wider NHS but she believes those that use it when there is no need, the prolific appointment setters, the time wasters, the self diagnosing the drug dependent etc.

As much as we agree the government could have done more in this is there an argument to say the public could have and still could do more to help the NHS and follow the guidelines? The longer this goes on from the lockdown and the cases still exist there are indicators to say people are still spreading the disease, some of them cases have to be due to flouting the rules.

Do you think the public could have done more?

Last edited:
I remember last time I was at my local GP's, almost impossible to get an appointment and I remember reading a sign on the wall saying hours of appointments missed in Feb and it was 260 hours, that's a joke.

People should be fined if they miss their appointment or you should have to pay for one in the first place, time wasters would soon stop

Last time I was at gp there was a person in front of me getting repeat prescriptions, as the receptionist rhymed off the drugs they said yes i need that or no I've plenty of that. 15 mins it took.
How can you have plenty of one drug and not enough of another? Surely a months supply is a months supply.
Either they are getting drugs they don't want/take, or no one has the sense to coordinate them into a supply.
If that's the organisational level is it any wonder they are under pressure.

One of the biggest problems with the NHS is the public attitude of entitlement.
It also seems to be a day out for some people.

I remember last time I was at my local GP's, almost impossible to get an appointment and I remember reading a sign on the wall saying hours of appointments missed in Feb and it was 260 hours, that's a joke.

People should be fined if they miss their appointment or you should have to pay for one in the first place, time wasters would soon stop

I think this issue came up before and there was a proposal to charge 15 quid or something for an appointment. Then there was an outcry as people think the NHS should be completely free etc etc

The same sign in my GPs, and presumably all GPs across the country, did immediately spring to mind when we started round of applause-ing every week. Maybe people will take it less for granted after this...

I know a few people who go to the doctors for every little thing and i have always found it ridiculous. Its usually the mothers of young children and as soon as little timmy has a cough they are straight to the doctors. It has gotten to the point where when we have to use the doctors (which is a rare occasion) our doctor tries to diagnose it over the phone and everytime that has happened it has been the wrong diagnosis.

I'd imagine that's how it would normally happen. A central purchasing function would select the supplier(s) and negotiate the price (unit, bulk, or otherwise), thereby getting efficiencies and scaling, and then the individual trusts would order stock directly as needed.
Maybe now because what is being supplemented is the pandemic stock, it's all being sourced and ordered centrally. The upside to this is the individual trusts are not competing against either other in the market in such a panic situation, as has happened in the US.
I know from a fact that individual Trusts/hospitals negotiate their own prices and pick from a list of approved suppliers. Getting chosen as the seller of the product is usually just about getting the person in charge of those decisions (not always particularly senior) to like you personally.

I know from a fact that individual Trusts/hospitals negotiate their own prices and pick from a list of approved suppliers. Getting chosen as the seller of the product is usually just about getting the person in charge of those decisions (not always particularly senior) to like you personally.

Fair enough, I should know better than to assume. It doesn't surprise me but it seems like a glaring inefficiency (assuming any central function would be up to the task of course). Thinking about it more I can see that as Trusts are much like standalone companies, have their own management structures, budgets etc., that they might act independently. But you'd think it wouldn't be beyond the wit of those in authority to have certain shared services where costs can be saved, purchasing being one.

Edit : I don't know how the NHS and its Trusts is structured. If the Trusts are truly independent orgs then collaboration on purchasing may not be legally possible.

Last edited:
I think this issue came up before and there was a proposal to charge 15 quid or something for an appointment. Then there was an outcry as people think the NHS should be completely free etc etc

Yeh I remember that its totally unpopular. The problem with a free NHS is because its free you end up with all the local nut jobs in there too because its a free public service and people think its a good place to go an be themselves and feel they are entitled too. My mum had to regularly deal with a local lad who was a known nightmare who would go to their practice and act up, because as I say the public think they own it and they can, he would often scream and shout and demand help he did not need. Well nothing a smack round the head could not solve.

Couldn't agree more. When free it devalues what people are getting - a highly trained individual looking after them. I think in France there are some charges for health care. I wouldn't be opposed to £10 a GP appointment. If for kids, or those on benefits, low income could be free or refunded. Or could hold a 'deposit' against no shows. Something like that.

Last edited:
Back