• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Coronavirus

I have said it before and I will say it again, the bar is always set lower for Tory governments. For some weird reason, the public does not expect as much of them as they do for Labour and they are much, much more forgiving of their mistakes. it has always been thus.
Low bar? They have to pay off Labour's debt before they can even start to do anything.

I read the thread all the way through. Had the usual anti English sentiment those sort always do.

I agree herd immunity has not worked because of how many would die. But if you want a league table type argument of which is the best way out of the crisis then surely you wait till the final whistle (the vaccine) surely smaller economies like Ireland will just rely on a bailout from either the EU or more likely the British taxpayer again like in 2008.

Where as a bigger economy like us we are on our own, always have been always will be.

You read it through a veil of English nationalism it would seem, with a bit of anti-EU sentiment thrown in for good measure and frankly you have ignored the main points. Let me just summarise them - lots more people will die (x2.5) with herd immunity and it might not work anyway. And the media should highlight that.

Will the EU help Ireland? I'm sure they will. That's a benefit of membership that the UK have recently lost. So save me 'we're always on our own' nonsense. That is a choice the UK has recently made. As for your league table point. I want fewer deaths, not a league table. Totting up death tolls at the end is unfortunately at the end, and too late to save anyone.

I know I'm not going to change your mind, but I've hit my 3 response limit so fill your boots. This is my last response.

Low bar? They have to pay off Labour's debt before they can even start to do anything.

Funny how debt is never a problem when it comes to traditional Tory concerns, such as funding corporate tax cuts, turning a blind eye to corporate tax evasion and funding foreign wars. Thatcher didn't have any trouble finding the cash for the Falklands War did she? Funny that.

You read it through a veil of English nationalism it would seem, with a bit of anti-EU sentiment thrown in for good measure and frankly you have ignored the main points. Let me just summarise them - lots more people will die (x2.5) with herd immunity and it might not work anyway. And the media should highlight that.

Will the EU help Ireland? I'm sure they will. That's a benefit of membership that the UK have recently lost. So save me 'we're always on our own' nonsense. That is a choice the UK has recently made. As for your league table point. I want fewer deaths, not a league table. Totting up death tolls at the end is unfortunately at the end, and too late to save anyone.

I know I'm not going to change your mind, but I've hit my 3 response limit so fill your boots. This is my last response.

I read it perfectly easily you patronizing taco. Why is she going on about our rates #crickets.

It has nothing to do with nationalism. Britain had to give a bailout to the Euro. Britain also give a bailout direct to Ireland. Britain decided to leave the EU yes and will find its own way through this, mistakes will be made and lessons learnt for the future.

The whole save me "we always on our own" nonsense was as much about historical issues like how Britain had to pay back America for the lend lease from the second world war and did not finish paying it back to the late 90s. We are not Ireland who came begging for a handout.

Then saying you hit your 3 reply limit and wont respond again. Your pathetic your increasingly scaremongering posts in the political thread about the climate. You need to have a look at yourself because your losing your objectivity and becoming one of those extremists who look for an issue or cause probably to fill something in your life.

Grow up.

So highly infectious virus wouldn’t spread quicker in one of the worlds most open international and densely populated cities in the world? Course, silly me

We should have shut down in January 1st when the first reports and opened up again next year. No matter how many die from the economic impact.

So highly infectious virus wouldn’t spread quicker in one of the worlds most open international and densely populated cities in the world? Course, silly me

The numbers appear to suggest not. Seoul has a higher population than London, and is over three times more densely populated, why are their numbers lower?

We should have shut down in January 1st when the first reports and opened up again next year. No matter how many die from the economic impact.

Problem is it was denied till the middle of that month that it was transmitted by humans and China were still allowing 20,000 a day to fly to places like the US and shaming them once they cut the flights off.

The numbers appear to suggest not. Seoul has a higher population than London, and is over three times more densely populated, why are their numbers lower?

I imagine it’s down to international traffic or in their case a lack of it

I think that the controls that they are considering relaxing were set at a State level, so they can relax them together and open things up on the west coast. I guess we'll find out more tomorrow.

Absolutely.
The west coast states will work together on a phasing plan, no doubt. But the war between states and Feds in getting necessary supplies to medical facilities and workers has been huge. Newsom had to leverage his own contacts for masks for CA. Others have spoken of deals for ventilators agreed only for the Fed to step in and outbid them. Newsom has quietly made sure CA operates on a different trajectory to Covid19 both in terms of physical and fiscal policy. Far ahead of anywhere else in the country IMO.

I haven't checked this for a while, but not so long ago, it was estimated that if California were to be an independent state it would have the 8th biggest economy in the world.

Funny how debt is never a problem when it comes to traditional Tory concerns, such as funding corporate tax cuts, turning a blind eye to corporate tax evasion and funding foreign wars. Thatcher didn't have any trouble finding the cash for the Falklands War did she? Funny that.
Other than fighting what was clearly an unavoidable war against a hostile invasion force, the rest benefit the economy.

I personally believe that if Trump gets re-elected you will see an accelerated push, yes.

I'd say in the next 20 years it will happen regardless.

I agree on that. From the outside, the US basically looks like two polar opposites merged together, and that divide is widening. Having an incompetent baboon as the leder of the country doesn't help, obviously.

I don't know the details of their constitution, but does it allow one or more states to actually leave the union? I believe the states already have a lot of autonomy, so in theory it could be done, but you'd have to factor in internal differences too of course. And drawing up new maps would obviously be a nightmare.

I read it perfectly easily you patronizing taco. Why is she going on about our rates #crickets.

It has nothing to do with nationalism. Britain had to give a bailout to the Euro. Britain also give a bailout direct to Ireland. Britain decided to leave the EU yes and will find its own way through this, mistakes will be made and lessons learnt for the future.

The whole save me "we always on our own" nonsense was as much about historical issues like how Britain had to pay back America for the lend lease from the second world war and did not finish paying it back to the late 90s. We are not Ireland who came begging for a handout.

Then saying you hit your 3 reply limit and wont respond again. Your pathetic your increasingly scaremongering posts in the political thread about the climate. You need to have a look at yourself because your losing your objectivity and becoming one of those extremists who look for an issue or cause probably to fill something in your life.

Grow up.
What a post to wake up to. Naming calling and then telling me to grow up. LOL.

I didn't mean to be patronizing. That was not my intent, but to then have you tell me the history of my own country is laughably ironic.

You call yourself a natural green but then question why I want to save the planet or why I bang on about the environment? Seriously? On one hand, you say I'm looking for a cause and then accuse me of being obsessed with the environment. That is my cause and life long one at that. And my objectivity on this is just fine. In fact, I have never seen things clearer with regard to my politics and the environment. Just pop me on ignore If you find my posts too 'extreme' as I'm going to be posting plenty more on these topics.

Back