• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Conor Gallagher

Apparently he's a massive Chelsea fan and comes from a Chelsea family so I find that odd.

I like him but dismissed the rumour when I heard it. Seems to be gathering a lot of pace though. Think this is where we're starting to see some chickens come home to roost for Chelsea with how they've run their club over the last two years. A lack of CL football will continue to hurt them.

I like the lad but am not quite sure how he fits in. Yeah it's depth but no way he starts over at least 4 of our midfielders.

Who you supported as a kid has nothing to do with who you play for, that's just supporters who think like that, I would have played for anyone if I'd got the chance.

I like the lad but am not quite sure how he fits in. Yeah it's depth but no way he starts over at least 4 of our midfielders.

I'd imagine:

DM - Bentancur/Bissouma
B2B - Sarr/Gallagher
AM - Maddison/Kulusevski

It's one signing that theoretically allows us to dispense with all of Hojbjerg, Skipp and Lo Celso.

Who you supported as a kid has nothing to do with who you play for, that's just supporters who think like that, I would have played for anyone if I'd got the chance.
I could sort of go with that if he wasn't at Chelsea but the fact he's there is what I'd find odd. You listen to Gary Neville and he said he could never have played for City, Liverpool or Leeds because of his United connections.

I could sort of go with that if he wasn't at Chelsea but the fact he's there is what I'd find odd. You listen to Gary Neville and he said he could never have played for City, Liverpool or Leeds because of his United connections.

Easy to say when you retire and you want to suck up to fans, I reckon over 90% of professional players play for teams they didn't support at sometime in their career. The great Jimmy Greaves supported Spurs but played for Chelsea and West Ham.

Gary neville. Salford just sacked another manager. Something like 8 in 6 years. But will still slate utd for the ownership and it's not the managers fault.

I'd imagine:

DM - Bentancur/Bissouma
B2B - Sarr/Gallagher
AM - Maddison/Kulusevski

It's one signing that theoretically allows us to dispense with all of Hojbjerg, Skipp and Lo Celso.
That’s for sure how he would fit in
and Bentacur and Sarr are flexible too
but… I just don’t rate him for that fee. That’s premium money for a guy who hasn’t shown premium talent so far

but… I just don’t rate him for that fee. That’s premium money for a guy who hasn’t shown premium talent so far
I would definitely prefer a higher ceiling player like Vermeeren. But as marginal gain on Hojbjerg, Gallagher has some positives

Easy to say when you retire and you want to suck up to fans, I reckon over 90% of professional players play for teams they didn't support at sometime in their career. The great Jimmy Greaves supported Spurs but played for Chelsea and West Ham.
Maybe people are different? Some players wouldn’t want to play for a rival, some don’t mind. Some are Sol Campbell.

I would definitely prefer a higher ceiling player like Vermeeren. But as marginal gain on Hojbjerg, Gallagher has some positives
But Hojberg has been playing the 6 role so isn’t a fair comparison
It’s a logical squad move as you described but i can’t believe there isn’t better value out there

The 40m euros being mooted isn't premium money anymore

I'd imagine:

DM - Bentancur/Bissouma
B2B - Sarr/Gallagher
AM - Maddison/Kulusevski

I think I would rather see us move for another DM and have Bentancur and Sarr as B2B.
Bentancur can still cover DM if needed.

Yeah, Kulu was a massive Arsenal fan. Can't say it affects him when playing for us.

It's a school playground thing along with the "stand up if you hate...." chant, grownups ignore it as its childish. Hate is what's happen in Gazza and has no place in our society.

Conor Cantwell and Todd Gallagher?

I wouldn't know, I really started to lose interest in football players when every teams signed 4 or so players a season and half of them had names I couldn't pronounce, I use know most of the players at clubs but it's too much bother now as its musical chairs twice a season.

I wouldn't know, I really started to lose interest in football players when every teams signed 4 or so players a season and half of them had names I couldn't pronounce, I use know most of the players at clubs but it's too much bother now as its musical chairs twice a season.

You shouldn't be interested in a player who's name you can't pronounce? What an odd conclusion to draw. Would you say the same about countries or food? If so, you must live a fairly sheltered life. Strange.

Gold has said there is nothing to it, what ever that's worth.

Good, we don't deal with Chelsea. The thought of restarting trade relations with them at a time where selling academy players is a huge boost to FFP viability is a horrid one.

Someone may be stupid enough to pay upwards of 40m for Gallagher rather then letting them squirm, but I sure do hope it's not us.

As others have said it really doesn't seem likely for them lot to be selling us their HG captain who has been starting games anyways.

Not in the same mould as each other, but Darren Bent was/is a massive Arsenal fan but still played for us

Back