• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

COC Final - Vorm or Lloris?

Who will POCH pick? (not who would YOU go with!)

• Hugo Lloris

Votes: 31 73.8%
  • Michel Vorm

Votes: 11 26.2%

• Total voters
I see a lot of people predicting our team(s) for the Fiorentina / Chelsea games in another thread, and it seems that pretty much everyone has gone for Lloris in goal. I've no doubt we'd all prefer Hugo between the sticks as it's a final against Chelsea, so a bit of loyalty to the "cup 11" has gone out of the window. BUT do we really believe Poch will change his regular cup keeper at the last hurdle??

Vorm's error against Leicester doesn't help the situation, though let's not forget he made two excellent saves first half to keep us in the tie! If we were in the final against lesser opposition, would we be happy to play the morale card and stick with Vorm?

Personally, I would throw loyalty and fairness out the window and play our strongest team. Sorry Mich, but you're second choice! Like it or lump it mate, this is about Silverware against the best team in England and we need our best team out to have a sniff of winning.

But is Poch that kind of manager?

Saw Vorm in his Ferrari outside WHL after the West Ham game, mate went and asked him if he was playing next week, he replied yes.

* My mate didn't ask him which game, and i suspect Vorm just wanted him to stop breathing his red stripe breath over his car

I'd assume Vorm knew your mate wasn't referring to Fiorentina away.

How disappointing. I do think that Poch will have given his assurances to Vorm already if he is starting.
The thing is he's also started Stambouli, Bobby and Davies regularly in the cup, but i'd be surprised to see them in the starting 11 come Sunday!!! If he's happy to put them on the bench then he shouldn't have a concern over bringing Hugo in.

My issue is also that given the way Chelsea play we need ol' speedy gonazales off his line to close the angles. Hazard and Costa love to get behind the defensive line with neat one-twos.

It will be lunacy if Poch picks Vorm. It will basically have Chelsea laughing their heads off and give them a big boost. Vorm is not the number one keeper, he is the number two and came to the club knowing this. Poch is under no obligation whatsoever to keep Vorm happy. Poch's job is to bring success to the team and playing our best team in a cup final is our best chance of winning. If he picks Vorm then I despair.

If he picks Vorm, Mourinho's expression will be so intensely smug it may threaten the fabric of the universe. I think he will though.

It will be lunacy if Poch picks Vorm. It will basically have Chelsea laughing their heads off and give them a big boost. Vorm is not the number one keeper, he is the number two and came to the club knowing this. Poch is under no obligation whatsoever to keep Vorm happy. Poch's job is to bring success to the team and playing our best team in a cup final is our best chance of winning. If he picks Vorm then I despair.

Absolutely 100% this! Great post

I must admit, from what I've seen of him I don't really rate Vorm. I thought he was poor in both the semis.

I think we've got to play our absolute 100% best team.

For example - have Vorm and Fazio (who will surely start over Dier because of Costa) played more than 1 game (Saudi Sportswashing Machine) together? We don't want to break-in that relationship at Wembley!

agreed

Poch will choose Vorm, which will be a huge mistake regardless of the outcome. If we don't play our best team in a cup final, how can we expect to win anything? We don't win trophies every year, so we can't afford to risk missing out on a trophy in this way when we do get a chance. Chelsea have a top quality back-up keeper in Cech, but still they put Courtois back in goal for the semis against Liverpool after using Cech in the earlier rounds. In football you can't always be nice to people if you want success. if Poch has told Vorm earlier that he will play every game in the League Cup, then he has to be true to his word, of course, but such a promise should never be made.

Poch will choose Vorm, which will be a huge mistake regardless of the outcome. If we don't play our best team in a cup final, how can we expect to win anything? We don't win trophies every year, so we can't afford to risk missing out on a trophy in this way when we do get a chance. Chelsea have a top quality back-up keeper in Cech, but still they put Courtois back in goal for the semis against Liverpool after using Cech in the earlier rounds. In football you can't always be nice to people if you want success. if Poch has told Vorm earlier that he will play every game in the League Cup, then he has to be true to his word, of course, but such a promise should never be made.

Yeah. For me too the only reason to start Vorm would be if a promise had already been made.

Not convinced that Poch will start Vorm though.

Are we really discussing this?

Play a good keeper or the bad one?

Win or Lose?

Best way to fudge up the final and make Lloris want to leave is to play Vorm.

Reminds me of when we played bricky Friedel in the Europa Quarters vs Basle. What a joke.

Back