• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

COC Final - Vorm or Lloris?

Who will POCH pick? (not who would YOU go with!)

• Hugo Lloris

Votes: 31 73.8%
  • Michel Vorm

Votes: 11 26.2%

• Total voters
It will be lunacy if Poch picks Vorm. It will basically have Chelsea laughing their heads off and give them a big boost. Vorm is not the number one keeper, he is the number two and came to the club knowing this. Poch is under no obligation whatsoever to keep Vorm happy. Poch's job is to bring success to the team and playing our best team in a cup final is our best chance of winning. If he picks Vorm then I despair.

It's more than this

- If Vorm had made no mistakes, he would have a case, but he's been shaky at times
- People keep going on about Vorm got the team there, I would argue Lloris has done so much for Spurs that to deny him the first real opportunity to get a medal would be massively unfair.

Poch needs to pick the team with the best chance to win the Cup, one chance, and in that scenario Lloris is the only answer.

I went with sentiment a bit when we played Chelsea in the FA Cup Semi in 2012, Cudicini didn't do anything wrong really but we lost 5-1. I think with that in mind there is no room for sentiment, best team which includes playing Lloris

Lloris has to play. Imagine Vertonghen as captain!

Lloris also has to play because he is the better keeper, the captain of the side and giving him the honour of leading the team out at Wembley and lifting the trophy after 90 minutes MIGHT make him think about staying another season.

I went with sentiment a bit when we played Chelsea in the FA Cup Semi in 2012, Cudicini didn't do anything wrong really but we lost 5-1. I think with that in mind there is no room for sentiment, best team which includes playing Lloris

He was at fault for at least 2 goals that day. Drogba's opener beat him on the near post (vital) and he was done from 35+ yards by Lampard (more academic).

I don't give a toss about promises. If it ain't in his contract then Lloris should play regardless of anything verbal.

He was at fault for at least 2 goals that day. Drogba's opener beat him on the near post (vital) and he was done from 35+ yards by Lampard (more academic).

I don't give a toss about promises. If it ain't in his contract then Lloris should play regardless of anything verbal.

I agree on Lloris 100 %. On Cudicini, the Drogba goal was world class, if anyone was at fault it was Gallas really but even then I think its harsh. The Lombard one is fair enough I suppose

I agree on Lloris 100 %. On Cudicini, the Drogba goal was world class, if anyone was at fault it was Gallas really but even then I think its harsh. The Lombard one is fair enough I suppose

You're probably right re the Drogba goal mate. I was directly above the goal that day and felt if he'd taken a step to his right he would've saved it with it being his near post but...it was hit like a rocket! Unhappy memories!

If we aren't going to play our strongest team we may as well play Soldado. I think its unbelievable that we are even considering not playing Lloris.

I can't believe this is even a discussion.......

However I have a worry that Vorm could play. If he does then there is a huge pressure on Vorm and we are playing a weakened team - After last night Poch cannot afford to fudge up again

Surely this isn't even up for discussion? Why would you go into a cup final with a WEAKER starting 11. Why? I don't see how anyone could even argue the case. Lloris MUST start on Sunday. If he does not then i think Mr Poch needs to get his head checked out.

assuming vorm has played in all the LC games thus far, dropping him for this may have a long term adverse mental impact bearing in mind the possibility he could be our first choice keeper next season

I can't believe this is even a discussion.......

However I have a worry that Vorm could play.

Well you've just proved why i made the thread then, and that it is up for discussion!! Who WE want in goal - no discussion, granted. But who POCH will start with is more doubtful.
If it was Chelsea in the League we'd see Hugo, i only hope Poch applies the same logic.

Back