• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

COC Final - Vorm or Lloris?

Who will POCH pick? (not who would YOU go with!)

• Hugo Lloris

Votes: 31 73.8%
  • Michel Vorm

Votes: 11 26.2%

• Total voters
Yeah. For me too the only reason to start Vorm would be if a promise had already been made.

Not convinced that Poch will start Vorm though.

Any manager who makes such a promise just to keep a reserve player happy, but to the detriment of the rest of the team, should'nt be our manager. I hope Poch isnt this silly.

Are we really discussing this?

Play a good keeper or the bad one?

Win or Lose?

Best way to fudge up the final and make Lloris want to leave is to play Vorm.

Reminds me of when we played crudty Friedel in the Europa Quarters vs Basle. What a joke.

I'm discussing it because I was interested to know whether people THOUGHT POCH would stick to his guns and play Vorm, or whether they thought HE would go for the strongest team.
The thread wasn't about who is better in our eyes, that's clearly not up for debate. It was more a question of football ethics and loyalty to a player from the manager's perspective.

Haha thanks. I'll be honest I used to enjoy the Ade song both when he was a Gooner and then the switch in sentiment when he joined us. Seldom sung anymore of course.

There were some crackers going around when he first joined…"His Dad rescues elephants and his Mum feeds the poor" was a fav, also "His Dad an accountant and his Mum studies law"! :)

How can anyone begin to guess what Poch will do?

I'd be amazed if this hadn't already been sorted at the start of the season.

If i was reserve keeper and i had some chances to play games i'd jump on it, even if i was out for the important games. Play some games on the way to the final then be sitting on the bench? Or play no games at all on the way to the final and be sitting on the bench all the way through? Any man worth his salt is going to play.

Unless Poch made specific guarantee's to anyone then i hope he's picking our absolutely strongest team possible for any and every game, if he's made a promise to someone doubtless he will stick to it, but in my opinion promises like that shouldn't be made.

Vorm knew who was number one when he came, and all that that entailed.

My guess, we'll see Lloris in the final, i certainly hope so anyway.

I've a feeling he will go with Vorm, I also think he has made a balls of this period already with the teams he has put out and by Sunday we will be beaten
finalists and out of Europe....season over!

I've a feeling he will go with Vorm, I also think he has made a balls of this period already with the teams he has put out and by Sunday we will be beaten
finalists and out of Europe....season over!

3 points up to 4th, 4 points up to 3rd with over 10 games left to play and no distractions from cups = season over for you?

I don't get it...

Reminds me of when we played crudty Friedel in the Europa Quarters vs Basle. What a joke.
The irony being last year we played lloris at home against Benfica and lost 3-1 whilst the return leg we started Friedal and drew 2-2 albeit an injury time penalty denying victory.

Funnily enough we played Chelsea between said games. Won't say the score.. but they is scum

Haha thanks. I'll be honest I used to enjoy the Ade song both when he was a Gooner and then the switch in sentiment when he joined us. Seldom sung anymore of course.

There were some crackers going around when he first joined…"His Dad rescues elephants and his Mum feeds the poor" was a fav, also "His Dad an accountant and his Mum studies law"! :)

Not heard that last one before. Awesome.:D

He will play Vorm, but anytime you get a chance to win something you should pick your best team which would have course be Lloris.

I think he'll pick Vorm as he's played the rest of the tournament, but i'm really hoping he'll pick Lloris. Have Chelsea been playing Cech in the cup?

I think he'll pick Vorm as he's played the rest of the tournament, but i'm really hoping he'll pick Lloris. Have Chelsea been playing Cech in the cup?

They played Cech up to and including the quarter final, but then Courtois played in the Semis.

As most people have said, we need a similar approach of just picking the best side.

of the team, should'nt be our manager
OR look at it another way - if this was the only way to get a keeper of his quality to join as backup, meaning if Lloris got injured we have a better backup than 90% of the other teams it is a benefit for the team to give the guarantee

either way start Lloris for me.

They played Cech up to and including the quarter final, but then Courtois played in the Semis.

As most people have said, we need a similar approach of just picking the best side.

wasn't Cech brought back in as a starter in league/CL games after Courtois had a blip, he may have played those games to help him find a bit of form?

just had a quick Cech (ha ha!) Courtois was dropped for the Saudi Sportswashing Machine and swansea games right before the LC semi

Back