• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Clinton Njie

yeh he doesn't pass the eye test but from what I've seen, there is little potential, his movement is poor, not much awareness, doesn't shoot whereas Onomah comes on and looks ready to play, he's green but shows a lot of ability.
All I've seen Nije do is run around a lot.

Unbelievable.

yeh he doesn't pass the eye test but from what I've seen, there is little potential, his movement is poor, not much awareness, doesn't shoot whereas Onomah comes on and looks ready to play, he's green but shows a lot of ability.
All I've seen Nije do is run around a lot.

As @Rorschach and @parklane1 have said, it is way too early to tell. I cannot see how you can say there is little potential, especially given some of his performances e.g. Emirates Marketing Project. I just don't see how you can write off a player so quickly, especially with when a player is young and from another country! It is well known that it sometimes takes players a while to settle to the EPL!

10th December he done it. So it looks as though they've added on 12 weeks and arrived at NLD. Should be hearing some updates on where he's at in a couple of weeks probably

He hadn't adapted to the English game before his injury so what makes you think that being injured for 3 months will mean he has now done so?

To some extent I agree. Even before his injury he wasn't getting starts in the league and his sub appearances were of varying quality. I still think he will need time to truly settle into the team and league.

He offers us something different though with his raw pace and unpredictability though. He also offers us another starting options for the cup games that could be important if we keep progressing in both cups.

Teams tend to tire towards the end of the season and those with little to play for can lack focus - having a speedy option off the bench could pay dividends, him and Son running at defenders in the last 20 minutes will probably result in a few goals I'd imagine

Teams tend to tire towards the end of the season and those with little to play for can lack focus - having a speedy option off the bench could pay dividends, him and Son running at defenders in the last 20 minutes will probably result in a few goals I'd imagine

Depending on the injury situation he might have to compete with either Son or Lamela as well as Chadli and Carroll/Mason/Bentaleb for that 20 minutes of playing time from the bench in the league.

In the cups he might get more of a chance. And if he takes his chance in a cup game he might very well get more chances in the league too.

Depending on the injury situation he might have to compete with either Son or Lamela as well as Chadli and Carroll/Mason/Bentaleb for that 20 minutes of playing time from the bench in the league.

In the cups he might get more of a chance. And if he takes his chance in a cup game he might very well get more chances in the league too.

First challenge for Njie (once match fit) is getting on to the bench let alone getting off it.

Assuming a GK and 2 defs take up 3 of the 7 spots then its 4 from Son, Chadli, Carroll, Mason, Bentaleb, Onomah, Njie

He has fashioned several chances off the bench in closing stages, one superb assist against Emirates Marketing Project too. I think you're selling him well short. Raw, yes, but he has done some stuff.

Steady on Steff........i think @braineclipse has got it just about right above.

i haven't seen much from Clinton and certainly nothing clever or indicative that he has a great understanding of the game. But he is young.

Alternatively Poch may just lay his hands on the top of Clints head, say a few words and a star will be born:D.........certainly feasible

Steady on Steff........i think @braineclipse has got it just about right above.

i haven't seen much from Clinton and certainly nothing clever or indicative that he has a great understanding of the game. But he is young.

Alternatively Poch may just lay his hands on the top of Clints head, say a few words and a star will be born:D.........certainly feasible

Well, I would never dispute that braineclipse manages to nutshell things better than I do (;)), but I stand firmly by what I said re: Clinton. Cannot remember who it was against but he burst through one-on-one only to be called WRONGLY offside, the assist against Emirates Marketing Project was lovely, and he has had a couple of other very strong efforts/close moments.

I would argue that the fact he sometimes comes on and just slots in/doesn't do stupid things, puts him in a very solid place. Obviously he is raw but I genuinely think he can have an impact as a sub late-on in the run in...we shall see...

Back