• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Clinton Njie

Any updates on him? Still N'jured?

Personally, I've written him off for this season - been out injured for ages, so will take a bit of time to get atch fit even when he's physically fit. He also wasn't used to the PL style before he got injured. As a result, its all about next season for him if you ask me

Do we just put him down as another Lamela??

First season: Lost to injury.
Second season: Hit and miss as adapting.
Third season: Consistency and match winning moments.

Personally, I've written him off for this season - been out injured for ages, so will take a bit of time to get atch fit even when he's physically fit. He also wasn't used to the PL style before he got injured. As a result, its all about next season for him if you ask me

We tend to get these mysterious long-term injuries every season and Njie seems to be one of those !

yep! Would be nice if there was an update on him every now and then. Wasn't he meant to be back in March?

He gets mentioned in the team news every week on the OS. He's rehabilitating from a knee injury same as Vertonghen.

http://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/news/first-team/players/clinton-hungry-to-return-080316/?

CLINTON 'HUNGRY' TO RETURN
Posted on 8 March 2016 - 12:00

Clinton Njie can see light at the end of the tunnel on his road to recovery.
clinton_gen730a.jpg

The Cameroon international, 22, underwent surgery to the medial collateral ligament in his right knee in early December, having sustained the injury during our Europa League victory over Monaco.

By his own admission, it came as a cruel blow for a young man who had only been in English football for a matter of months at the time.

But having recently started some fitness work outdoors once again, the summer signing from Lyon is raring to get back into action and bring an extra attacking dimension to our team during what looks set to be a thrilling last few weeks of the season.

“I think it’s important for me to come back and join the team because they’re doing a great job,” said the rapid attacker, who has made 11 substitute appearances in all competitions, plus two starts in the Europa League, in our colours so far.

“It’s very difficult for any injured player - it’s been about three months since I was injured and it’s been tough but I’ve been working very, very hard with the doctors and medical staff to get myself fit.

“It’s important that I’m still hungry, I still want to play and I still want to prove to the fans what I can do so, for me, I just want to get back fit and do a good job.

“Mentally it hasn’t been easy but it happens, so I’ve just been looking forward to coming back stronger. I can see the good job the guys are doing and I can’t wait to get back onto the pitch and be part of it.”

Below: Clinton feels his knee against Monaco

clinton_monaco_730.jpg

Clinton has been joined in the treatment room in recent weeks by Belgian international centre-half Jan Vertonghen, who also suffered knee ligament damage in our 3-1 victory at Crystal Palace on January 23.

Having a respected, senior player working on his recovery alongside him has come as a boost to Clinton, although he says the entire squad has rallied around him and driven him forward on the comeback trail.

“Since Jan got injured he’s been there for me and trying to encourage me,” added the attacker. “He’s in a similar situation to me but all the players have been really good and I really appreciate that.

“Not only the players - the gaffer, all the staff, everyone has been there to encourage me and to tell me that they want me to be back as fast as possible. That’s been great encouragement for me to work harder towards my objectives.”

Lovely to know he's "hungry to return"...but when do they actually estimate he will?

Seems more website filler than anything really informative

what a pointless article. Read it once and got the end thinking 'did I miss a comment in there about when he might be back?' so I re-read it and no!

Whats the point of having something about an injured player if there's no comment about return date?

what a pointless article. Read it once and got the end thinking 'did I miss a comment in there about when he might be back?' so I re-read it and no!

Whats the point of having something about an injured player if there's no comment about return date?

What's the point in making predictions that may be missed?

What's the point in making predictions that may be missed?

If they have no visibility on return date today then realistically he's at least a month away so if you add on time needed to get match fit then he's done for the season.

If they have no visibility on return date today then realistically he's at least a month away so if you add on time needed to get match fit then he's done for the season.
L
Well that article you read (twice ;)) says he's started outdoor fitness work - so I'd imagine that means he's looking to get match fit now?

Back