• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Clement Lenglet

I’ve just looked at his stats on FB REF
They were the best of our defenders per 90 mins
But his defensive stats are poor

like I say, fair enough

I’m not a fan, think he’s massively inferior to Davies at everything, but if we can get him cheap, it kicks the can down the road and we can have more money for that shutdown DM we need

Lenglet?
His ball retention and passing was very good
The issue was his team mates couldn’t do much with the ball
His defending however wasn’t great
Then again, his main teammate in defences is/was Dier. I don't think we've seen the best of Lenglet yet but he's OK if he comes cheap so we can spend more in getting another CB. We do need to sell through!

Sent from my SM-S918B using Fapatalk

A french john stones, good footballer, not so good defender.
Wouldn't be in a rush to keep him unless ange can find a position for him to excel in.

like I say, fair enough

I’m not a fan, think he’s massively inferior to Davies at everything, but if we can get him cheap, it kicks the can down the road and we can have more money for that shutdown DM we need

Not everything. He's significantly better on the ball and a better passer.

Sent from my XQ-BC72 using Fapatalk

John Stones has been Cities best player the second half of the season and was my man of the match in the Champions League final.

I don't watch city, but as I understand it stones improved performances have been since he was moved from defence into midfield.
No one should ever have doubted stones ability as a football player, it was there for all to see. But he was never a top class cb, and neither imho is Lenglet, however he is a good footballer, not as good as stones, but still pretty decent.
We don't have the resources to keep someone like Lenglet in the hope he might do a job for us elsewhere.

Always help to have a solid defence and keeper. Emirates Marketing Project's defence let in 33 goals compared to our 63.

Sent from my SM-S918B using Fapatalk
100%
It’s why I’ve been saying out priority was keeper and CBS
Not Maddison
But I’m glad we got madddion

But its the rest of the team keeping the ball for long periods of time and not giving it away cheaply to put pressure on their defence and goalkeeper which helps massively.

Exactly this, you put the best CBs in the world in our back 4 and ask them for 3 seasons to sit low and take on all pressure with terrible coverage infront of them and they will struggle, players not keeping the ball, losing the ball in bad areas. NOt saying we have had great defenders by a long stretch but they have not been helped by whats happening in front of them. Good teams defend in units, Arsenal did that and as you say they also helped by being alot more intelligent on the ball

But its the rest of the team keeping the ball for long periods of time and not giving it away cheaply to put pressure on their defence and goalkeeper which helps massively.
Our defence and keeper gave it away more cheaply than anyone else
We conceded goals because we had a keeper who threw it in his own net don’t forget
Then add in some of the suicidal play from Dier and Romero and Lenglet at least once (sure Davies will have an example too)
Then add in the tactics and we were fudged from the start

Our defence and keeper gave it away more cheaply than anyone else
We conceded goals because we had a keeper who threw it in his own net don’t forget
Then add in some of the suicidal play from Dier and Romero and Lenglet at least once (sure Davies will have an example too)
Then add in the tactics and we were fudged from the start
Seems the defence and goalkeeper are being used as an excuse to defend the tinkle poor play in midfield and up top. Sonny lost it more times than he done any productive, Bentancur and Hojberg were also at fault for turning over possession too easily on many occasions and so did Kane. I'm sure people see what they want to see half the time.

Back