• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Clement Lenglet

100%
It’s why I’ve been saying out priority was keeper and CBS
Not Maddison
But I’m glad we got madddion
Agree and its why I'm concerned about our cb situation as pre season has started. I also think we need two CBs not one, another to put pressure and cover for Romero. Hopefully we get them in before the team travels. I'm sure Dier Sanchez and Rodon are sellable if priced attractively enough

Sent from my SM-S918B using Fapatalk

But its the rest of the team keeping the ball for long periods of time and not giving it away cheaply to put pressure on their defence and goalkeeper which helps massively.
Don't disagree but I think it's the other way around for us. Already poor defence which gets put under pressure when midfield is porous

Seems the defence and goalkeeper are being used as an excuse to defend the tinkle poor play in midfield and up top. Sonny lost it more times than he done any productive, Bentancur and Hojberg were also at fault for turning over possession too easily on many occasions and so did Kane. I'm sure people see what they want to see half the time.
People see what they want to see...that's what makes it interesting for spectator sports. That's why I accept all views and agree to disagree.

Seems the defence and goalkeeper are being used as an excuse to defend the tinkle poor play in midfield and up top. Sonny lost it more times than he done any productive, Bentancur and Hojberg were also at fault for turning over possession too easily on many occasions and so did Kane. I'm sure people see what they want to see half the time.
No
The defence and keeper were so poor they conceded when NOT under pressure
I mean we had a keeper throw it in his own net… he caught the ball, turned and pulled it over the line
That’s how bad he was
He also didn’t move when the ball was shot at him in a huge defeat
Then add in the CBS who were either feigning injury to save themselves for the WC or we’re passing the ball to the opposition to attack us
The rest of the team weren’t great but it starts with the incompetence at the back

Agree and its why I'm concerned about our cb situation as pre season has started. I also think we need two CBs not one, another to put pressure and cover for Romero. Hopefully we get them in before the team travels. I'm sure Dier Sanchez and Rodon are sellable if priced attractively enough

We will get 2 IMO
My concern is if one is Lenglet and the other is a pacey left side we have a problem if they get swapped at any point.

If we're skint I guess better than nothing.though I'd like to see him and Davies in a foot race to be sure. Never seemed fast and not sure of he will end up being Dier mk Ii

If we're skint I guess better than nothing.though I'd like to see him and Davies in a foot race to be sure. Never seemed fast and not sure of he will end up being Dier mk Ii

I'd say he's slower than Davies. And not as good. He'd get absolutely murdered in a high line.

Barca have agreed a £15m fee in Saudi for him, so are trying to push him there; whereas I think we'd want him for virtually free if we don't have better options (although keeping Sanchez is already a better option).

Back