• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Clement Lenglet

Not sure if this is relevant, but Barca just released Umtiti with 2 years still left on his contract. They obviously want to offload Lenglet as well, but I wonder if they might be more willing to take a little less money as they seem desperate to trim their wage bill.

Not sure if this is relevant, but Barca just released Umtiti with 2 years still left on his contract. They obviously want to offload Lenglet as well, but I wonder if they might be more willing to take a little less money as they seem desperate to trim their wage bill.

There were reports that they would sell Lenglet to us for €5m...can't get much less than that!!

So once scenario is that we buy the two CBs from Germany (one is right sided, one is left), but then also try to find a taker for Dier and sign Lenglet for €5m max

There were reports that they would sell Lenglet to us for €5m...can't get much less than that!!

So once scenario is that we buy the two CBs from Germany (one is right sided, one is left), but then also try to find a taker for Dier and sign Lenglet for €5m max

Do we have space for a lot more none home grown players?

I know we will sell some

Tbh the level of wages he is on at Barca really only leaves a move to the prem as viable. I'd expect they'd happily offload him for nothing (even if they were hoping for just £5m) come the backend of the window.

That probably suits us as we have other irons in the fire, so it dragging on isn't really a problem on our side. Plus if he comes in late at least he knows the environment and teammates.

I'd still rather take him back on loan though.

I saw the reports but more likely that’s what we wanted to pay which is why we walked when they didn’t move to that figure.

Reckon we will sign him for €5m eventually.

I saw the reports but more likely that’s what we wanted to pay which is why we walked when they didn’t move to that figure.

Reckon we will sign him for €5m eventually.

I agree, or potentially we take him on loan again so clear his wage off for Barca

I quite liked Lenglet, didn't think he did much wrong. Maybe not top notch, but certainly worth getting for 10 mill or whatever.

He looked ok in a very deep line. But he was the slowest player in our squad and would get murdered in a higher line.

He looked ok in a very deep line. But he was the slowest player in our squad and would get murdered in a higher line.
When did you ever see how slow he was? Seemed fairly quick when going forward when he was given the opportunity. You can not judge him on how he plays in a high line when we very very rarely got that high up the pitch last season.

Also he is one of, if not the best passer of the ball in our back line.

Maybe so, I never noticed that, but you may be right! But as Yiddo and Bedford points out, I also thought his offensive passing was his outstanding feature (as well as being a very capable defender).

Back