• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Circus ManUnitus - Erik's At The Wheel

Ole might have gone but the team performance continues to be dire. No spark, no passion, no clue. Right now they’re out of the top 4 race. Too many changes needed to be a contender.

Ole might have gone but the team performance continues to be dire. No spark, no passion, no clue. Right now they’re out of the top 4 race. Too many changes needed to be a contender.

Yet still some pundits have them as favourites to snatch 4th, basically just because its United

Their biggest issue is giving Rangnick 6 months as a 'coach/manager' before he 'heads upstairs' to be the DoF. It is weird. Players are always going to be unsettled by stuff like that, as they still don't know who is actually going to manage the football club on a day to day basis beyond the summer. Pogba, Ronaldo, Martial, those types of player are (naturally) going to be short-term selfish bastards (in a couple of those cases that is a personality type anyway) so yes, I don't see them as favorites for top 4. It will be imperative we beat them to establish the matter...

Their biggest issue is giving Rangnick 6 months as a 'coach/manager' before he 'heads upstairs' to be the DoF. It is weird. Players are always going to be unsettled by stuff like that, as they still don't know who is actually going to manage the football club on a day to day basis beyond the summer. Pogba, Ronaldo, Martial, those types of player are (naturally) going to be short-term selfish bastards (in a couple of those cases that is a personality type anyway) so yes, I don't see them as favorites for top 4. It will be imperative we beat them to establish the matter...

Hope you're right and it will look like that a couple of months from now.

In theory a DoF, which will be included in hiring a new manager/head coach will have a lot of power over decisions in the transfer market at the very least.

They have some great players, but lack a functional team. If Rangnick can find the right selection with the right balance they could find very good form I think. Hopefully he doesn't.

He seems a supremely talented guy in general, but perhaps now more suited to a DoF role? Not sure how good he is at finding and drilling a functional synstem into an unbalanced squad perhaps not suited to his preferred system.

It's like the David Pleat situation where things drift. Sherwood was nominally appointed full time manage to avoid that, but everyone knew he was caretaker in all but name.

And with prima donnas like Ronaldo, Pogba and Fernandes it's going to be worse at United. They need a peak Mourinho type.

I think they’ll beat themselves so often that our match won’t even matter. As you say, the team know that they can phone in performances and it won’t really affect their careers. It does though show a lack of ambition as surely these players want to be in the top competitions, I guess they only see things in short term and don’t realise the cumulative impact of each match.

Hope you're right and it will look like that a couple of months from now.

In theory a DoF, which will be included in hiring a new manager/head coach will have a lot of power over decisions in the transfer market at the very least.

They have some great players, but lack a functional team. If Rangnick can find the right selection with the right balance they could find very good form I think. Hopefully he doesn't.

He seems a supremely talented guy in general, but perhaps now more suited to a DoF role? Not sure how good he is at finding and drilling a functional synstem into an unbalanced squad perhaps not suited to his preferred system.

I think it's less about him (he is a fine DoF choice in fairness) and more about players not trusting the stability of set-up.

Please be true !!!
Imagine the ructions this would cause with all the other players who also think they are far better than they actually are

United have offered France midfielder Paul Pogba, 28, a deal worth £500,000 a week to remain at the club. (Sun)

Please be true !!!
Imagine the ructions this would cause with all the other players who also think they are far better than they actually are

United have offered France midfielder Paul Pogba, 28, a deal worth £500,000 a week to remain at the club. (Sun)

That would be funny if it happens, i can never decide who the most overated player in the Prem is its either him or Zaha imo.

Back