• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Christian Eriksen

He played the DM role for Schalke quite a bit and the manager said he had great belief in him playing that role. Add to that Holtby himself saying his best position is playing as a DM.

that's fair enough, but i haven't seen anything in his general play this season to suggest that is a position he could excel in for us

This talk of right/left/centre seems a bit stale - the chalkboards in recent weeks are showing that all of our front 4 or 5 are playing all across the park within matches. Same again tonight (although we were a bit light down the left).

Chadli, Lamela and Eriksen can all play in any of the three spots across the pitch, and can exchange in-game. Kane and Ade can drop back and/or wide, and Soldado can menace from the D inwards. Lennon and Townsend can play orthodox or inverted etc.

I think this dynamism and fluidity is what we need and are capable of.

eriksen on the left hand side please.

where he has been playing his best all season.

able to drift inwards and be unmarked / not tracked due to opposition 101 defensive training to keep shape as much as possible

people see him doing good things from the middle and tend to forget how he actually got there in the first place...how pieces move around occupying opposition to create space for a wide playmaker to exploit

not to mention the tactical malleability of having a wide playmaker...you are able to play at least 3 formations fluidly without a hitch

this was Martin Jols dream...to have TWO wide playmakers able to play both outside and inside...and overlapping full backs...you would hope that was the dream of AVB too what with eriksen and lamela..but who knows

It's painfully obvious he's devastating on the left and is the king of 'ghosting' into the opposition area undetected. Maybe after goal number 8759656758654644886345364353436745675858597866860 and assist number 78607608967867867859675645634345347646 people will finally stop asking why he plays on the left.

As i've been saying:

-------------------Sandro-------Dembele-------------------

-------------------------Playmaker-------------------------

----Lamela---------------------------------------Eriksen--

--------------------------New/Ade-------------------------

That has absolutely everything. Jeez...Eriksen, Lamela and a playmaker creating for Ade or a new striker? The solid cm pairing of Sandro and Dembele? wowsers.

Amazing....i think i said EXACTLY that same thing

only thing is that eriksen for me is miles better than lamela simply due to application of talent already there and because quite frankly lamela has never played as good as eriksen's best day and i personally havent seen enough superlative deserved performances from lamela, save for the game against.....'sherriff'.

edit:- i would replace dembele for a recycler

Last edited:
there is something i have never understood about us fans, something i am guilty of more than any to be honest.

If something is working...and working well....

.......why change it?

Christian Eriksen becomes the first Spurs player to chalk-up 20 goals & assists for this season...

P476_zpsfac7657f.png

Tottenham Hotspur Detailed Player's Statistics 2013-14

there is something i have never understood about us fans, something i am guilty of more than any to be honest.

If something is working...and working well....

.......why change it?

Modric was working well on the left at one point - why change that?

I think id be more open to KDs line up If Bentaleb was starting in front of Dembele - someone who can move the ball around quickly, having no passing creativity in the middle of the pitch has really made our play rather sluggish the past year or so.

Modric was working well on the left at one point - why change that?

I think id be more open to KDs line up If Bentaleb was starting in front of Dembele - someone who can move the ball around quickly, having no passing creativity in the middle of the pitch has really made our play rather sluggish the past year or so.

The new playmaker in the middle should be enough creativity in the middle, no? and it's not as if Dembele is not able to be creative...he certainly can be but injuries have played a part in his form this season....he's clearly not 100%. I think the Dembele and Sandro partnership last season (until Sandro got injured) was something beautiful to watch...literally no team could get past us.

Saying that, Benteleb or Holtby would also do a good job in that role and can play that 'recycler' role that people are talking about. We certainly have options that's for sure.

I'd really like to see Holtby come back and take the role alongside Sandro - he can definitely cause things to happen with his pressing for Sandro to take advantage of, and also seemed to have the range of pass to quickly distribute from the area. I also get the feeling he is the type of mentality that will work for the cause, which we need a bit more of.

The new playmaker in the middle should be enough creativity in the middle, no? and it's not as if Dembele is not able to be creative...he certainly can be but injuries have played a part in his form this season....he's clearly not 100%. I think the Dembele and Sandro partnership last season (until Sandro got injured) was something beautiful to watch...literally no team could get past us.

Saying that, Benteleb or Holtby would also do a good job in that role and can play that 'recycler' role that people are talking about. We certainly have options that's for sure.

possibly, i was reading it more like a 4231 in which case id see problems with linking defense and attack, with Dembele and Sandro as a center pairing we'd become too predictable - if it's closer to a 433 (which it looks like on a second view) with a deeper playmaker then that could work - it's actually the formation i have wanted to see all season, albeit with Eriksen in the middle and two of Lamela/Chadli/Townsend and Lennon out wide.

maybe that is what AVB was hoping to implement with Willian as a creative wide left and Mouthino as the deep playmaker?

It's painfully obvious he's devastating on the left and is the king of 'ghosting' into the opposition area undetected. Maybe after goal number 8759656758654644886345364353436745675858597866860 and assist number 78607608967867867859675645634345347646 people will finally stop asking why he plays on the left.

As i've been saying:

-------------------------Playmaker-------------------------

--------------------------New/Ade-------------------------

That has absolutely everything. Jeez...Eriksen, Lamela and a playmaker creating for Ade or a new striker? The solid cm pairing of Sandro and Dembele? wowsers.
I am 100% with you on this.... I think Paulinho could even potentially play the "Playmaker" role in this formation. Not as a traditional creative/passing playmaker perhaps but as somebody who can get into the box. However my favourite option for a true playmaker would be Diego (Ribas da Cunha).... Out of contract with Athletico Madrid at the end of the this season and I think he would fit perfectly into the above team. All we would then require would be a new left back (Danny Blind please) and a commanding centre half who knows what the premiership is all about (Lescott or Winston Reid please) and we'd be pretty much complete.

-------------------------Kagawa-------------------------

------------------------Adebayor-------------------------

Back