• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Christian Eriksen

Personally i would sell Invisibilinho, Lennon, Capoue (i wouldn't mind keeping him but he's too good to be on the bench) and one of Siggy/Chadli (i'm leaning towards Chadli staying as i've liked what i've seen in the central role). I would keep Holtby and play him in a more defensive orientated role with some creative freedom.

-------------------Sandro (Holtby)----------Dembele (Benteleb)----------------

------------------------------------Playmaker (Chadli)---------------------------

---Lamela (Townsend)--------------------------------------------------Eriksen (new)

--------------------------------------New (Ade)------------------------------------

So the majority of cash on a playmaker, a young left sided forward (no need to spend a lot...just a promising player) and a striker.

Interesting as straight after agreeing we then thoroughly disagree :)

Personally I would keep Paulinho. I think there is a top player in there ready to come out, postionally he is very good, he just needs to get a little braver - which I think will come as he gets more used to the physicality of English football. I would also keep Lennon as he provides a true wide right option if we want to change the way that we are playing and try to stretch the oppositions defence. Also if lining up as you want to above then surely Capoue would be better back up to Sandro (and Dembele) than Holtby, who I feel has good passing vision but seems positionally absolutely all over the place to me, which leads me to believe that he is therefore probably unsuited to a defensive midfield role.

It's a case of either playing with a solid base of two at the back with one being more responsible for going forward than the other with a creative hub ahead of them (easily shut down imo by team like Chelsea) or the less defensive system of having the creative player deeper.

AVB's ideal midfield (if you look at transfers etc) was one containing Sandro, Moutinho and Paulinho. Moutinho is a deep lying play maker whilst Paulinho was expected to be the player supporting the front players and finding pockets of space to receive the ball in. I personally prefer this idea with two players of the Eriksen/Lamela ilk in the wide positions able to come in field and take advantage of the space created by the middle three. With the players we currently have we could reach this setup with 0 transfers (Bentaleb, Carrol and Holtby all could do the job as the deep playmaker) but the third player in the middle would have to be a Paulinho/Eriksen hibrid capable of creating and scoring 15+ a season.

The new playmaker in the middle should be enough creativity in the middle, no? and it's not as if Dembele is not able to be creative...he certainly can be but injuries have played a part in his form this season....he's clearly not 100%. I think the Dembele and Sandro partnership last season (until Sandro got injured) was something beautiful to watch...literally no team could get past us.

Saying that, Benteleb or Holtby would also do a good job in that role and can play that 'recycler' role that people are talking about. We certainly have options that's for sure.

not to mention we moved modders Cause he got injured by lee bowyer thats why.

even after that we stuck to the same system and played Niko there....battered teams and looked good all over the place.

then we had more injuries then wwe got forced to play bale on the left ....why did the system not go back to a wide playmaker? cause a world class left winger was starting to come out of his shell

still with you on this

that and Modric looked a better/more effective player in the middle and was naturally going to end up in the position we signed him to play in, a season of him being bedded in to the league out wide doesn't change that.

that and Modric looked a better/more effective player in the middle

but he also bossed games on the left. TBH Luka was awesome in every position he played bar DM (that was macaron Ramos playing him in that role). AM, CM, LM didn't matter he bossed games.

We just need to make the right signing in regards to the playmaker. That position is absolutely vital and i hope we don't **** up in the summer...

it'll be interesting to see which way we go with that in the summer - if our interest in the fella from Dnipro is more than paper talk i think you might be fighting a losing battle with wanting to keep Eriksen out wide

it'll be interesting to see which way we go with that in the summer - if our interest in the fella from Dnipro is more than paper talk i think you might be fighting a losing battle with wanting to keep Eriksen out wide

Then we will all see why he should be starting on the left when his performances are nowhere near that level when moved centrally;).

"How come Eriksen is not getting on the ball that much".....i guarantee that will be the most used phrase/question if/when he's playing centrally next season.

I see going to Liverpool.

Then we will all see why he should be starting on the left when his performances are nowhere near that level when moved centrally;).

"How come Eriksen is not getting on the ball that much".....i guarantee that will be the most used phrase/question if/when he's playing centrally next season.

Dude how many times do I have to tell you he is a natural no 10 :)

Besides you play him on the left and he wanders from there and gives little protection to our left book

thats not what they weill say it'll be

how come he isnt getting on the ball with enough space to operate and create/score chances

he'll touch his fair share of the ball , but with someone riding his anus

I honestly dont think many people actually truly appreciate the whole purpose of the wonky.

i reckon it will be more along the lines of

"what were we thinking of wasting this dude out wide?!?!"

:p

Well the biggest problem with playing Eriksen on the left anyway. Our biggest formation problem can be seen to stem from there. I think opposition teams have often taken advantage of the gaps created down that side.

[video=youtube;YxiHC7ugzvw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YxiHC7ugzvw[/video]

Anyone remember him against England?

Something I really like about him are his little bursts of frustration after he makes a mistake, even after he's got a few goals he still has very high expectations of what he should be able to do and it looks like he really cares as he is such a hard worker consistently.

Dude how many times do I have to tell you he is a natural no 10 :)

Besides you play him on the left and he wanders from there and gives little protection to our left book

You've said it throughout the season. I then watch Eriksen score and assist near enough all the time when playing on the left and totally forget what you just said. I then remember when you say it again the following week but forget when.....you guessed it (repeat cycle).

Something I really like about him are his little bursts of frustration after he makes a mistake, even after he's got a few goals he still has very high expectations of what he should be able to do and it looks like he really cares as he is such a hard worker consistently.

The mark of any truly great competitor. It's like his mistakes feed him even more resolve to perform at a higher level to make up for any little things he might've done wrong. Also, his free kick technique is superb (from the left side, anyway).

Coutinho or Eriksen?

excellent question

tough choice

but i see eriksen as being the guy able to play in a bad team

i think if we had coutinho he would look not as good as eriksen

alternatively eriksen in pool would probably look like a world class incisive number 10 type player

then again i could be talking ******** as coutinho is a fine young player indeed

Back