• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Christian Eriksen

Lamela and Moura aren't getting regular game time, Moura in particular.
As both never lack effort which Eriksen in my view is really lacking at the moment it makes you wonder what's going on.
Problem is though I don’t think either Moura or Lamela can do Eriksens job. Today in particular we didn’t really have anyone who could keep the ball moving without Winks. We need to invest in this squad heavily.

Problem is though I don’t think either Moura or Lamela can do Eriksens job. Today in particular we didn’t really have anyone who could keep the ball moving without Winks. We need to invest in this squad heavily.

It's one of e riksens strengths, and one of our weaknesse,. We don't seem to be able to change the game plan.lamela and moura are different types of player from eriksen and yet we don't or won't play to their strengths.
I also don't think eriksen and lamela can play together, it just doesn't work.

Eriksen is suffering probably more than most because we don't have a calm destroyer in cm..you can see the nervousness to try and dictate as i think he fears losing the ball and that we'll be counter-attacked brutally (as has happened much more this season compared to previous...think the ding-dong back and forth of the Leicester game on the last day of last season to illustrate our lack of CM control these days...)

Really feel for Eriksen right now tbh

Honestly once we get through this mess of an injury list I’d like to see us return to something like 4-2-3-1

Lloris
Aurier Alder Vert Rose
Dier Winks
Eriksen Dele Son
Kane

Everyone knows their roles. Think we could do with going back to basics for a bit. Hard on Sissoko yes, but when he’s part of a midfield two we are often exposed

Well if he leaves at the end of the season and says its because he wants to win things I hope someone in the dressing room tells if he'd turned up in the last 3 games we might have won a league title.
It's true that he hasn't turned up recently. Very true and so disappointing really. My sincere hope it is just form and fatigue, and not that he has mentally already checked out of Spurs.

It's true that he hasn't turned up recently. Very true and so disappointing really. My sincere hope it is just form and fatigue, and not that he has mentally already checked out of Spurs.

He hasn't checked out (even if i think he IS leaving in the summer) he is putting in the effort but doesn't have the platform atm to take the attacking play risks he would normally. His long-range shooting has gone amiss though (as well as his short-range - should have scored before HT...)

He hasn't checked out (even if i think he IS leaving in the summer) he is putting in the effort but doesn't have the platform atm to take the attacking play risks he would normally. His long-range shooting has gone amiss though (as well as his short-range - should have scored before HT...)
That was my thinking too. But now I've changed my mind.

Honestly once we get through this mess of an injury list I’d like to see us return to something like 4-2-3-1

Lloris
Aurier Alder Vert Rose
Dier Winks
Eriksen Dele Son
Kane

Hard on Sissoko yes, but when he’s part of a midfield two we are often exposed

It is unfair on Sissoko because I don’t think Dier would be any less exposed in midfield when playing next to Wanyama. Sissoko was one of our best players today so I am not sure where this idea comes from that replacing him with Dier will make a great, positive difference to the team. We definately miss Winks and Dele though with their ability to retain the possession and use it well.

It is unfair on Sissoko because I don’t think Dier would be any less exposed in midfield when playing next to Wanyama. Sissoko was one of our best players today so I am not sure where this idea comes from that replacing him with Dier will make a great, positive difference to the team. We definately miss Winks and Dele though with their ability to retain the possession and use it well.
It comes from the idea that over the past few seasons we have been defensively sound, yet this year we concede huge chances frequently against all opposition. Sissoko has been magnificent. But there is a case there to say he shouldn’t be used in one of the two midfield roles. He has been very good at protecting the right back, but overall does he have the same discipline that Poch required of his defensive midfielders? Actually Winks is the one that usually sits at the base, which is great in possession but it’s not quite the same as peak Wanyama or Dier without the ball.

Dier hasn’t been great either for some time, but it is important to put the system ahead of individuals for us to get motoring again.

I don’t mind Sissoko and winks at all, just be prepared for results such as Watford and Wolves and Burnley.

It also has its positives, his power through the middle obliterates some midfields. I think he’s best used alongside a solid DM, and a passer in a 3 man midfield of some sort

Why is that, out of interest?
A number of small things really. In isolation, none of them would cause much alarm but together I'm getting the feeling that his commitment is waning.
For example, earlier in the season he was berating refs at every dubious decision, now he says almost nothing. Another example is his decisions to play it safe with his passing more frequently, less risk-taking. Add in his contract situation and it just makes me uneasy. I could list a few other things but each of them could probably be excused for another reason fairly easy. It is just my read on it and I hope I am wrong, obviously.

A number of small things really. In isolation, none of them would cause much alarm but together I'm getting the feeling that his commitment is waning.
For example, earlier in the season he was berating refs at every dubious decision, now he says almost nothing. Another example is his decisions to play it safe with his passing more frequently, less risk-taking. Add in his contract situation and it just makes me uneasy. I could list a few other things but each of them could probably be excused for another reason fairly easy. It is just my read on it and I hope I am wrong, obviously.

Dodgy Dutch body language.

Funnily enough, there was a point in yesterday's game where I was watching Eriksen speaking to the ref and I remember thinking we can always rely on Eriksen to be in the ref's ear. So he is still doing it and I haven't particularly noticed a drop-off (although I might just be missing it as it's harder maybe to spot something that isn't happening). Mind you yesterday he could have sat down and had a cup of tea with Taylor to discuss everything he was getting wrong.

Funnily enough, there was a point in yesterday's game where I was watching Eriksen speaking to the ref and I remember thinking we can always rely on Eriksen to be in the ref's ear. So he is still doing it and I haven't particularly noticed a drop-off (although I might just be missing it as it's harder maybe to spot something that isn't happening). Mind you yesterday he could have sat down and had a cup of tea with Taylor to discuss everything he was getting wrong.
And when Kane scored his penalty Eriksen really clenched his fist and was as happy as anyone. No idea whether he wants to stay or not, but sometimes we look for things that simply aren’t there.....

Lloris
Aurier Alder Vert Rose
Dier Winks
Eriksen Dele Son
Kane

Everyone knows their roles. Think we could do with going back to basics for a bit. Hard on Sissoko yes, but when he’s part of a midfield two we are often exposed
We’ve just not been able to play this team all season, never really got close to it. If we could put this team out then things would be different I’m sure.

I actually think it’s testament to the squad we’ve got that we are still 3rd and in the CL despite never playing anything like our best team.

Maybe I'm reading too much into it. Hopefully I am. I'm no body language expert (thankfully - they have a bad name around here).

There is no doubt that Eriksen is not playing to his best ' (most of our players are not as well), but his best is probably better then most of our other players so it more noticeable. He usually/has created most of our good play/chances over the past few seasons and at the moment that is not happening.

Back