• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Christian Eriksen

Poor Christian Eriksen. A brilliant attacking player, but one who increasingly looks knackered and yet receives more and more criticism for his inability to drag his team on. There are benefits to not making a series of summer signings, but there is also a middle ground. Tottenham have one fit creative attacking midfielder, and they’re running him into the ground. The flak Eriksen is now getting from his own supporters must make him feel bilious.

https://www.football365.com/news/premier-league-winners-and-losers-klopp-manchester-city-tottenham

Very true. I have said many times in he past that if we were to lose Eriksen then we would struggle as we have no one who gives us what he does. Now i accept that he is not on top form and because of that our team is really struggling to look good. But that is partly because he is not on top of his game and it worry's me that if we lose him then we will be a far less fluid team.

Very true. I have said many times in he past that if we were to lose Eriksen then we would struggle as we have no one who gives us what he does. Now i accept that he is not on top form and because of that our team is really struggling to look good. But that is partly because he is not on top of his game and it worry's me that if we lose him then we will be a far less fluid team.

He's not the only one who isn't in top form.
His drop is from a higher peak than most but he has also hit a lower trough than most.

He's not the only one who isn't in top form.
His drop is from a higher peak than most but he has also hit a lower trough than most.

From the top of his form he has but as i said before his top form is probaby better then others who have lost form, he is our main supply line so its not easy for other players around him to look as good when they are not getting his service. Listen i am not saying he is playing well but some of the stick he gets is foolish at best and stupid at worse. Not saying that is you but there have been several things said by others.

From the top of his form he has but as i said before his top form is probaby better then others who have lost form, he is our main supply line so its not easy for other players around him to look as good when they are not getting his service. Listen i am not saying he is playing well but some of the stick he gets is foolish at best and stupid at worse. Not saying that is you but there have been several things said by others.

His top form is truly works class
We only gave a few players at that level
His current form is no worse than any pool midfielders for example but we rely on him arguably more

His top form is truly works class
We only gave a few players at that level
His current form is no worse than any pool midfielders for example but we rely on him arguably more

That is the point i have been trying to make, he has such a high ceiling when he is at his best and it enables other players around him to look good as well. The problem is ( as i have said many times before) he is the heartbeat of the team and when he is not at his best ( like he is now) then others struggle with the lack of supply he gives so do not look as good.

Beyond the fatigue, be interesting to see Eriksen's game level when Dele get's back.

I think when you have Son's & Dele making runs, and defenders having to pick up Harry, it give Eriksen just that fraction more space/time, and given that, he will crucify you.

I agree, the guys workload is obscene .. no real rotation option and he's asked to both hold midfield together and be the creative engine.

Lots of comments about his recent performances, I really think he's just tired as fudge ...
This.

The only player in the PL to cover more ground per game than Eriksen is Milner and he’s had 607 fewer minutes (across all competitions) on the pitch this season.

He is not playing well at the moment that is for sure but it happens, sadly when he does not perform we do not look as good a side and one of the main reasons we are struggling to impose our selves on games like we can.

I think a huge reason he isn’t playing well/we aren’t is because we miss Dele’s supreme footballing intelligence and movement...

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

I think Alli has become a more important player for us than Eriksen.

That aside, I think if you really believe Eriksen needs Alli on the field to perform - you need to look at what that says about Eriksen. And IMO its not good.

Personally I think its obviously easier to look good with better players around you, but that misses the point.

Eriksen has the quality to impress no matter what. And impress himself on the game no matter what. And he isnt. Hasnt done for some time. And thats the real issue.

We have always accepted he will fade in and out of games, but its getting to the point where he needs to step on now and start owning his (and our) performances.

I dont fault him for effort in running the Kms etc, but Id be a liar if I said he was busting a nut to drive the team on through games.

Thats where he needs to be. Thats what his ability dictates. And if he isnt going to do that, honestly, other players will surpass him - and we might as well sell.

Back