• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Christian Eriksen

Eriksen is a great player to have when everyone is available and on their game but when you're looking to him to carry the team he's nowhere to be seen - gone down so far in my estimations this past year

He looks like his touch timing was starting to return today!

He’s missing Dele a lot imo. Lucas and Lamela also have failed to take advantage of Dele’s absence. So much of the onus falls on the shoulders of Eriksen. Yes ideally I’d like it if he stepped up and took responsibility but he is still a very good player whose going through a bad run of form right now

Amazing how we all can see games differently

Looked to me today like he was wearing the wrong sized boot as every pass seemed a foot too long

I recalibrated my expectation levels after Burnley. So now it’s just Dormund and Southampton.
Eriksen has earned some slack!

I think people need to cut this guy some slack - he pretty much plays whenever fit as we have no alternatives. Some of our squad, Eriksen Winks and Son in particular, look knackered at the moment

We're a man short in CM since we sold Dembele and 1 or 2 short in the front positions (given that we only have 6 bodies (Kane, Son, Lamela, Eriksen, Dele and Moura) who are trusted to start regularly in the 4 forward positions in a 4-2-3-1). Missing those players in the squad means that people Eriksen are over-worked...and its not made any easier by Dele being out and both Lamela and Moura either not being that effective or not being used much this season

Fingers crossed we stumble over the line for the top 4 this season, dont bugger things up in Dortmund and then fill in the gaps in the squad in the summer. Its not many signings needed, but those 2-3 would make a massive difference

He’s missing Dele a lot imo. Lucas and Lamela also have failed to take advantage of Dele’s absence. So much of the onus falls on the shoulders of Eriksen. Yes ideally I’d like it if he stepped up and took responsibility but he is still a very good player whose going through a bad run of form right now
Lamela and Moura aren't getting regular game time, Moura in particular.
As both never lack effort which Eriksen in my view is really lacking at the moment it makes you wonder what's going on.

I think people need to cut this guy some slack - he pretty much plays whenever fit as we have no alternatives. Some of our squad, Eriksen Winks and Son in particular, look knackered at the moment

We're a man short in CM since we sold Dembele and 1 or 2 short in the front positions (given that we only have 6 bodies (Kane, Son, Lamela, Eriksen, Dele and Moura) who are trusted to start regularly in the 4 forward positions in a 4-2-3-1). Missing those players in the squad means that people Eriksen are over-worked...and its not made any easier by Dele being out and both Lamela and Moura either not being that effective or not being used much this season

Fingers crossed we stumble over the line for the top 4 this season, dont bugger things up in Dortmund and then fill in the gaps in the squad in the summer. Its not many signings needed, but those 2-3 would make a massive difference

As poxh always says he has all the stats on fitness and we do have options I need to ask what's going on.

Lamela and Moura aren't getting regular game time, Moura in particular.
As both never lack effort which Eriksen in my view is really lacking at the moment it makes you wonder what's going on.

Lacking effort, no, I agree...though neither Lamela or Moura have really produced much since early days of the season. Moura's pace is a weapon though which I wish we'd use more

Lacking effort, no, I agree...though neither Lamela or Moura have really produced much since early days of the season. Moura's pace is a weapon though which I wish we'd use more
Moura and lamela both won us points at the start of the season.
And games like today and Chelsea effort can take you a long way.

That is a not a good excuse, The fact that Dele is not there is more the reason that he, as one of the best players in our squad, should be doing better, because we need him even more

Yep, so if he gets his £150k a week deal is he going to give half to dele because he makes him play better?
I doubt it.
I also doubt at the moment he is likely to get £150k a week, we won't pay that for some one who makes the difference between us as and the bottom 12.
He's doing a reverse Ade.

Moura and lamela both won us points at the start of the season.
And games like today and Chelsea effort can take you a long way.

And Eriksen has won us far more points in his time here than Lamela. Unfair to compare to Moura as he’s only been here a year.

The only players in our team capable of carrying us on a consistent basis are Kane and Son, and sometimes Alli.

Eriksen runs more than any other Spur, in every game. Distance stats.

Eriksen is nothing like Lamela and Moura - he gets the ball and passes as soon as he can, whereas Lamela and Moura like to dribble.

And Eriksen has won us far more points in his time here than Lamela. Unfair to compare to Moura as he’s only been here a year.

The only players in our team capable of carrying us on a consistent basis are Kane and Son, and sometimes Alli.

In the past, past is gone and at the moment Eriksen is dog brick, I don't see how anyone can say different, but arguably he doesn't even look like he's trying.
I can forgive one, not the other.

Back