• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Christian Eriksen

http://www.statsbomb.com/2013/11/statsbomb-mythbusting-christian-eriksen-vs-Saudi Sportswashing Machine/

How Rare Was Eriksen’s 9 Key Pass performance?

I wanted to look at this because maybe this type of performance happens all the time. I may have found it impressive, but if it’s a common occurrence, then we can rule out my impression and just write it off as something any decent footballer can do.

I only have access to a shortened data set on this one (last year plus this year), but out of more than 1800 matches played in the big 5 leagues last season, there were fifteen times where a player had nine or more KP. Players who produced those performances included: Pirlo, Ozil, Diamanti (who also had 14 shots in the same match, one of the most absurd statistical performances I have ever seen), Boudebouz x 2, Obraniak, Farfan, Diego x 2, Tobias Werner (who?), Valeron, Susaeta, Rakitic, Jose Antonio Reyes, and Koke.

There has also been one 9+ KP game this season, produced by the ageless Francesco Totti.

So 16 total instances in more than 2000 matches. That’s less than 1%. It’s fair to say that’s rare.

Secret Bonus Stat For Those Who Made It This Far

In the list above where I noted guys who had 9+ KP games, I actually left one out. There was one more guy who produced a feat like that last season in the big 5. Spurs actually already own him.

His name?

Erik ****ing Lamela.

6 open play goals in 11 matches! Lamela can’t get on the pitch in a Premier League game!

[video=youtube;wAlGKNVGO48]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wAlGKNVGO48[/video]
[video=youtube;4Fzv7ajSFH4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Fzv7ajSFH4[/video]

i think Paulhino, Walker and Rose have proven to play how i presumed there and i have little doubt once Lamela and Eriksen are fully up to speed i'll be proven correct entirely ;)

you'll be proven right once AVB lets go of the reigns (football style wise) and the tense atmosphere has left the dressing room / pitch

Last edited:
http://www.statsbomb.com/2013/11/st...stian-eriksen-vs-Saudi Sportswashing Machine/

How Rare Was Eriksen’s 9 Key Pass performance?

I wanted to look at this because maybe this type of performance happens all the time. I may have found it impressive, but if it’s a common occurrence, then we can rule out my impression and just write it off as something any decent footballer can do.

I only have access to a shortened data set on this one (last year plus this year), but out of more than 1800 matches played in the big 5 leagues last season, there were fifteen times where a player had nine or more KP. Players who produced those performances included: Pirlo, Ozil, Diamanti (who also had 14 shots in the same match, one of the most absurd statistical performances I have ever seen), Boudebouz x 2, Obraniak, Farfan, Diego x 2, Tobias Werner (who?), Valeron, Susaeta, Rakitic, Jose Antonio Reyes, and Koke.

There has also been one 9+ KP game this season, produced by the ageless Francesco Totti.

So 16 total instances in more than 2000 matches. That’s less than 1%. It’s fair to say that’s rare.

Secret Bonus Stat For Those Who Made It This Far

In the list above where I noted guys who had 9+ KP games, I actually left one out. There was one more guy who produced a feat like that last season in the big 5. Spurs actually already own him.

His name?

Erik ****ing Lamela.

6 open play goals in 11 matches! Lamela can’t get on the pitch in a Premier League game!

How many in which they ended up on the losing side with nothing on the scoresheet? I'm guessing just the one, aye?

Eriksen just went out injured against Norway after a nasty tackle. Looked like an ankle injury. Hopefully just a bad knock rather than any ligament damage, but it didn't look too good.

Twitter talk saying 3 weeks minimum, obviously guess work based on the minumum of ankle injuries I suppose.

I mean if this was to happen, I know he'll go with Holtby but this would be a great oppertunity to get Lamela in the team as well as keeping in Sigurdsson on the left as well as Townsend on the right.

Twitter talk saying 3 weeks minimum, obviously guess work based on the minumum of ankle injuries I suppose.

I mean if this was to happen, I know he'll go with Holtby but this would be a great oppertunity to get Lamela in the team as well as keeping in Sigurdsson on the left as well as Townsend on the right.
Against City I can imagine AVB going with a midfield trio of Sandro, Dembele and Paulinho.

Well thats just ****ing typical. Injured in a meaningless friendly against bloody Norway. ****ing hell.

Has Lamela ever played in the no 10 position? I thought he played on the right for Roma as well?

I am pretty sure it will either be Holtby in that position, or the option I mentioned earlier, perhaps with Paulinho in advanced position as against Arsenal.

Has Lamela ever played in the no 10 position? I thought he played on the right for Roma as well?

I am pretty sure it will either be Holtby in that position, or the option I mentioned earlier, perhaps with Paulinho in advanced position as against Arsenal.

He did play on the right for Roma (being a Roma fan, I watched pretty much all of their games last year), but he has switched towards that position late in some games. Totti said he was his natural replacement, I think Baldini said he was a number 10 too. I believe that was his position at River, could be wrong though.

It COULD be the blessing in disguise we need, or not. What's the likelihood of someone else being a revelation in that role while he's out?

Olsen on Eriksen: "We do not know if he is out for four or six weeks or how long it will take. It's bad for him at a new club.

What about Townsend left (while Rose is out) , Siggy in the hole and Lamela right

Just our luck ! After Eriksen had one of his better games for us, he is now injured ! But maybe it will allow someone else to show their worth.

Back